2 Thread(s)

Welcome, SLE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Welcome, SLE.
    are you assuming I'm SLE because of the tigers in my avatar?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    are you assuming I'm SLE because of the tigers in my avatar?

Yes. That, and your chosen name, "jroc". It doesn't get any more SLE than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. That, and your chosen name, "jroc". It doesn't get any more SLE than that.
    I chose jroc because it's loosely related to my name, not because I have any partiality for joint requirements oversight council, if that's what you were thinking lol.
    and what if I picked this avatar simply because I like animals? would you still think that I'm SLE?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I chose jroc because it's loosely related to my name, not because I have any partiality for joint requirements oversight council, if that's what you were thinking lol.
    and what if I picked this avatar simply because I like animals? would you still think that I'm SLE?

I type by Ni gestalt, not by Ti rationality. You could be IEI instead, or any other type. I was just giving my impression.
    This might be an example of my Vortical-Synergetic cognition. Or just a wild guess, IDK.

I think that what we do, even in the smallest things, is determined by who we are. You could have chosen that avatar and your name for a million different reasons, but you chose them, nevertheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that what we do, even in the smallest things, is determined by who we are. You could have chosen that avatar and your name for a million different reasons, but you chose them, nevertheless.
    I agree with this to an extent, but I think our reasons are important; it's not enough to only think about what we do, but why. The reasons behind our actions tell more about who we are than the actions themselves imo.

and with gestalt methods -- while it can be a fast and easy way of arriving to a conclusion, I also think it's more likely to be inaccurate.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with this to an extent, but I think our reasons are important; it's not enough to only think about what we do, but why. The reasons behind our actions tell more about who we are than the actions themselves imo.

and with gestalt methods -- while it can be a fast and easy way of arriving to a conclusion, I also think it's more likely to be inaccurate.
    Yes, gestalt and VI methods are more likely to be inaccurate, but if time is of the essence, then they often are adequate. My area of interest is where quick assessment meets action. It's why I'm not a judge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, gestalt and VI methods are more likely to be inaccurate, but if time is of the essence, then they often are adequate. My area of interest is where quick assessment meets action. It's why I'm not a judge.
    I think an inaccurate assessment is always inadequate, but to each their own.