Thread: Member Questionnaire (Malandro)

TIM
    SLE-NC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Malandro)

I'm so mad, it logged me out when I spent ages on it.... I have an idea for type, I'm looking for subtypes, both Gulenko and the numbers are welcome!

Old Questionnaire:
    QUESTIONS ANSWERS
    1. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place? Definitely to never do anything. Staying still doesn't achieve anything except maybe confirmation of your fears.
    2. If you could choose just one thing to change about the world, what would it be? The current neo-colonialist international legal system. The clear power imbalances between certain countries (US) and many others with less socio-economic influence mean that, at times, these organisations might as well not exist.
    3. To what extent do you shape your own destiny, and how much is down to fate? I'm not in charge of my circumstances of birth. I didn't choose my family, my upbringing, those types of things. But really and truly, I have so much autonomy and always work towards whatever will get me to the next stage. I know right now I want to travel. The easiest way for me to do that is to have an education, some kind of plan and willpower. It's all about mindset and not letting anything try to convince you against your own personal power. Fate will come down like a hammer but at least I'll be able to say I wasn't at its mercy before it prevented me from doing what I desired.
    4. What happens after we die? No idea lol. Literally, I'm not that spiritual. I'm firmly focused on the things happening in the present and life in general. I don't really have an interest in the afterlife. Ask me again on my deathbed, you might get a different answer lol.
    5. Should people care more about doing the right thing, or doing things right? I don't know if there is a right way to do things but I think there are right things to do, so I guess the former. Following proper procedures doesn't really give me any joy at all. I don't think its necessary to follow things to a T nor do I think that there's a benefit to following things because its the 'right way'. Doing the right thing, however, I think is about minimising the harm you cause to other people. That's why stepping in if you see violence, say, is aligned with doing the right thing. I think spreading awareness of different trends and news in a way that's responsible is doing the right thing. I always think if you witness and injustice and you can do something about it, then you should step in.
    6. What one piece of advice would you offer to a newborn infant? Enjoy your childhood while it lasts! Don't let the unambitious manipulate you out of dreaming.
    7. Where is the line between insanity and creativity? I wouldn't have considered them remotely the same thing lol. I guess 'insanity' of artists normally involves something morally grey? Like I went to a museum the other day and they had these stuffed dead badgers and birds on the floor as the exhibit. I thought it was gross but I guess that's more to do with the fact that its literally a dead animal on the floor but I could imagine people might find it unethical and call it 'insane'.
    8. What is true happiness? Having full control over your life. Making your own decisions, going down your own path and having people to share your joy with.
    9. What things hold you back from doing the things that you really want to? Money and health. That's it. And even then, the overdraft exists for a reason lol. I can still do what I want right now its just about patience... But in the meantime, I still keep myself busy by doing all the things I couldn't when I was doing my degree.
    10. What makes you, you? My willpower, mental capabilities and lack of whatever it is that makes people give up on life as teenagers until retirement. I'm also very good at navigating socially, getting into different situations and surviving whatever life throws at me.
    11. What is the truth? The truth is absolute. People's personal truths are subjective but I do believe there is some kind of universal 'truth' that we can't find out until we die. And even then, once we have the 'answer' we can't exactly come back and tell everyone can we?
    12. If lying is wrong, are white lies okay? I don't think so. Might as well just come out with the truth. Lying is a fear of the truth and the impact it will have. White lies, especially.
    13. How do you know your perceptions are real? Because I can see them? I'm a 'seeing is believing type. You can theorise all day but how does it actually apply? Normally, my perception are clearly right because I can understand how things work very well. I can see how a system operates, the effect it has and then whether making certain changes will be beneficial or not based on my own observations.
    14. What makes a good friend? For me, an honest, ambitious and understanding person ranks highly. They need to have a firm grip on reality, their expectations of myself and themselves and we must be willing to support each other and call each other out when we're moving mad. A friend should be willing to take my side when it counts, but be honest if I messed up.
    15. Why do people fear losing things that they do not even have yet? Because they've learned that losing things is the worst thing that could happen to them and so they desperately try to avoid it.
    16. Who decides what morality is? Rich white men in wigs lol. But seriously, a lot of what's considered 'morality' on a global basis comes from the colonialist spreading of Catholic ideology. We learned that there is such a thing as 'natural law' where every nation has the same intrinsic set of values (ie, thou shalt not kill, etc.) and from then until now, we have seen the globalisation era further the spread of one idea of how to be. All countries have access to the internet and global trends such as Western feminism are much more easily accessible to even Non-Western countries who have been influenced by activists in other countries. Eventually, we will see an even more universal morality worldwide. Is it a good thing? I don't know. Whatever makes people happy. But it all came from the minds of individual European philosophers hundreds of years ago. (You can tell I just got a degree in international law can't you lol)
    17. What is the difference between living and being alive? 'Living' is the combination of personal autonomy and satisfaction. 'Being alive' is anything but, it's just trudging along doing what you're 'supposed to do' without any thought.
    18. Is a “wrong” act okay if nobody ever knows about it? No. Whether people know is irrelevant.
    19. Is there a reason to life? Maybe? I have my own reason: getting mine, enjoying myself and speaking the truth.
    20. How do you know that your experience of consciousness is the same as other people’s experience of consciousness? We don't but apparently, when people take psychedelics they can share visions and things? I'm no scientist but that's evidence of something. Freud says that we do share a collective consciousness but I believe its from lived experience. It's similar to something like cultural customs or collective values. We all learn them but don't focus on them too deeply unless we encounter someone outside of the culture who thinks differently.
    21. What is true strength? I believe it's honesty. True honesty. With honesty comes autonomy and with autonomy, you have true strength in your hands.
    22. What is true love? I think true love is that feeling of wanting to see someone at their happiest. You want to support that other person and watch them grow. You want to encourage that by any means necessary despite outside forces.
    23. Is a family still relevant in the modern world? Yes. Mostly for economic reasons. Also, your family create the foundation of your being. Plenty of people are messed up by things their family did when they were children even at a big age. They're definitely relevant, even if you don't have contact with them.
    24. What role does honor play in today’s society? It's about integrity I believe. It's about admitting your mistakes and going by your word. Very few people still have honour these days. Politicians and the like often lack it.
    25. If money cannot buy happiness, can you ever be truly happy with no money? I think so. If your needs are met by your community so you have no need for money and you're satisfied with your situation, then why not? I would need money myself though, or at least a very rich man who's willing to hand it to me lol
    26. How should people live their lives? With personal autonomy. Not believing that every experience defines you, controls you, stops you from achieving things.
    27. How much control do you have over your life? I feel like I already answered this lol. As long as my health and bank balance is willing, I can do whatever I want. There are few things that have ever been able to stop me from moving forward and having control over my circumstances.
    28. What is freedom? Again, freedom is full control over your circumstances.
    29. Isn’t one person’s terrorist another person’s freedom fighter? I would say yes, however, my issue is that a 'terroist' is only deemed so by the state. They will label a person or organisation to incite fear in the public. That's its only purpose. If the terrorists succeed in any way, they are then later labeled 'freedom fighters'. MLK is a brilliant example. America like to pretend they loved MLK when he was alive when he was branded a terrorist. The people doing the labeling haven't changed, just their motivations.
    30. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? I have no idea. We can look at twins who have different personalities. But that's the closest we will ever get to any proof of that unless we gain access to parallel universes. Babies definitely have different personalities from each other but whether its nature or nature is uncertain.
    31. What defines you? I feel like I've answered this before too lol. I define myself and right not, I define myself as a law student, my race, my ethnicity and my nationality. That's it. None of these things will determine my future but they are an acknowledgment of my situation.
    32. What do people strive for after enlightenment? I think people desire to feel 'grounded' or 'whole'. They think that once they have their grasp on their 'truth' everything will suddenly change for them. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't?
    33. Do we have a soul? Maybe? I describe people as 'souless' usually to mean the sociopathic sorts. I don't know but the idea of being so detached from the other that nothing concerns you seems 'soulless' to me.
    34. What is intelligence? The ability to break down concepts in your mind, understand them and then apply that knowledge in some way. Application is important as it is proof that your understanding is correct.
    35. Do you make your own decisions, or let others make them for you? Letting other people make decisions for you is illogical. I've always strived for my own ability to make my own decisions from childhood and jump at the chance to decide things for myself. Letting some other person make a decision for me sounds like death.
    36. What is reality? What we can see with the five senses and perceive as reality. It needs to be tangible. Intangible things align more with 'truth' than 'reality'.
    37. Is trust more important than love? Of course.
    38. Is it easier to love or be loved? Being loved. I think I struggle with defining love already so I guess if the other person is giving me clear indications that they love me, I can deal with that better than trying to figure out if I love others.
    39. Is it better to love and lose or never to love? Love and lose. Like with the first question, it's better to experience things than run from it.
    40. Do aliens exist? I think so. I think they've found plants on other plants before. That's technically 'foreign life' so I guess the answer is yes. We keep looking for a civilization like the one we have on Earth but it might not exist.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I'm an international law student who is a bartender as well. I always was interested in justice and sociology and my interests aligned with the law. I decided to study Law and Criminology and my grades were good enough to get into an elite university so here I am. I like everything about the law except for how classist and nepotist their systems are. They claim they want new and diverse faces yet most only hire Oxbridge graduates who have enough money to support themselves during many months of unpaid internships.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I'm a Muay Thai boxer, Nintendo player and party goer. I like all types of music so you'll probably catch me at live events. I also perform at them too on occasion and did so last night actually. I box because it's fun, makes me powerful and sparring with men doesn't feel too bad. I like Nintendo games in particular because of their easy pace, creativity and diversity of content. I like going to parties because I'm a young person who likes music, people and an excuse to drink.

What are your values, and why?

Aim to be the best you can, keep speaking and searching for truth, no matter how messy it may be. You should always become better an encourage to people around you to as well. The truth should always be spoken.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

My parents separated when I was 7 and have stayed single since. My mum would weaponise my resemblances to my dad out of spite and my dad's temper meant that I would go years without speaking to him. I would say I have grown to get along with my parents to some degree but its far from a loving familial relationship with either of them. I don't really rely on them unless I absolutely have to because they don't tend to deliver or will hold it over me that they're doing parenting. I dislike my parents inability to have an adult conversation regarding my younger sister's issues because all Hell breaks loose whenever they're in the same room together.

I have many friends in different friend groups. I have one-on-one contact with them via the socials but prefer to meet everyone in their respective friendship groups rather than individually because I get worn out by a massive schedule of social obligations on top of everything. I have no issue mixing friendship groups and love seeing how everyone interacts with each other at my parties. I haven't had a proper party since before COVID but its always a bit of a social experiment.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

"For me, an honest, ambitious and understanding person ranks highly. They need to have a firm grip on reality, their expectations of myself and themselves and we must be willing to support each other and call each other out when we're moving mad. A friend should be willing to take my side when it counts, but be honest if I messed up."

For romantic relationships, I need all of the above but also, a romantic partner should compliment my personality. In my case, I can sometimes be brash. I have emotional intelligence but I think my partner would need the patient side of it to balance me out. I'm anything but patient.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I don't think I've gotten into any conflicts recently. But then, I had a discussion with a friend about another friend who I'd fallen out with and they said we'd fought all the time? Apparently my friend had also said that we used to argue a lot when we lived together. I don't remember this! I disagree readily with people but I don't remember many arguments! I don't know, people always seem to think I'm arguing anytime I have a heated discussion. It's concerning if it's the person I'm discussing with but it's not uncommon for someone hear me and think there's a fight when really we're just arguing over the best colour for a dress or something meaningless. I like a back and forth and rarely ever get into anything personal.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?

I'm attractive, intelligent and charming. I think they're my strengths. I also have a lot of drive and ambition that many don't have without being high-strung. I didn't know what people liked about me until last night. Two friends on different occasions described me as 'warm' and 'expressive' which I was shocked by! I'd never heard that before! I've heard that I'm 'nice' but that doesn't mean anything, I think most people are nice, really.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

My weakness is the way I handle my interpersonal relations. I can be quite blunt and I think I under assume my relationships and unintentionally hurt people. People want to help me because we're friends and I'm surprised that they care which I'm sure sounds like a bad judgement of their character but it's never the case. I told a friend about something traumatic that happened to me recently and they started crying and I was confused. And then I was confused that I was confused because logically speaking, hello? That's my friend? Him being upset on my behalf isn't weird! I dislike my own denseness when it comes to the people in my life.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I can manage anything really. I know I've only just started this whole adulthood thing and will be able to speak better once I finish my undergrad but I've done a pretty good job of everything except responsible money management. A problem, I am fixing by getting a job since I'm only in the situation due to a student loan error. It's fine, just irritating.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I'm not a schedule person and get irritated at its repetition and restriction a lot. At the same time, I appreciate the organisation of a schedule, I'm just very bad at actually sticking to it even if in theory, it's a good schedule.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future, and why?

To study abroad, travel the world, become a barrister, find a partner, start a family.... I want to study abroad and travel because its fun and because I need to know where I wish to practice. I want to be barrister because I love the law and advocacy. The others are the typical desires of a 20-something.

If you won the lottery and didn't have to work anymore, what would you do?

It would be exactly the same except now, maybe, I could afford to do one of those infamous UN internships loool

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I like honesty and enthusiasm. I'm the same way and people find those traits 'too much' a lot of the time but I prefer honesty over formality. I would say I'm more opposed to an unmotivated person than average.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)?

I'm terrible at keeping my room in order and will clean my room just to mess it up again the next time I go out. I have Korohamu plushies, blankets, a couple cushions and a few ornaments around my room but it's always overswarmed with clothes and makeup unless I've just cleaned it.

How do you behave around strangers?

Same as I do familiar people. I'm usually chatty and like talking to new people.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

Like I said above, it seems I have difficulty identifying conflict because I have problem being the opposition. If someone insults me and whatever they're saying is either untrue or out of nowhere, I'm gonna be confused first and then probably mock them. It's only if someone's really having a go it might get serious and I'll have to put them in their place. It takes a lot these days to get me truly mad - its normally only my sister that manages that these days lool

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

Maybe. If I ever had any type of idea, I'm sure I would as long as it doesn't harm my other goals. I'd run it of course if I started it.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I follow Japanese nuts magazine for style reference. I'm naturally into fashion trends of different eras and my style is influenced by that. I like 70s-00s fashion and have certain favourite eras like late 90s Shibuya fashion and the 1970s disco era. My fashion is heavily influenced by that but I do just wear things that I like. Make-up is pretty much from nuts magazine with the occasional twist when I feel like adding colour. I'm not the most creative from mind but I can emulate a look very very well. I miss acrylic nails but don't wear them since I do Muay Thai.

Do you like kids? Why or why not

I love kids! I don't know why many people don't. They're just as annoying as adults. I think as adults, it's our responsibility to guide the children into greatness and protect them from harm. I'll have kids one day just not any time soon.

In what situations or times in your life did you feel most fulfilled, and why?

I have no idea how to answer this. I thought of when one of my friends came to visit for his birthday and all the old and new people I do Muay Thai with came together. Sitting there with a few drinks chatting to everyone... I like those times, they're what I value. Other than that, I can't really think of times I specifically felt fulfilled.

How do you feel about attention? Do you seek it out?

I love it but don't seek it out loool. I love karaoke, I perform on stage and I dress in a way that I stand out. It's not intentional but I get attention quite easily.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I do what I'm supposed to do I guess? I'm reckless but not irresponsible, even with money, I just push my limits. I don't expect anything from anyone else?

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?

I'd probably panic internally while frantically trying to help. I'll grab some tissues first since it's the only physical thing I could do to help, offer an awkward hug and listen if I don't already know the issue. If someone's done something to them though, I'm going to offer to confront the person.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Not really? I just go out somewhere, spend some money or listen to some music. I can do all three at live music night!

Who do you admire, and why?

I don't really have many people I would name but I'll bring up Malcolm X. I respect his ideology and methodology as well as his ability review his own beliefs and update them when they were wrong. He left the Nation of Islam because he saw the hypocrisy in its treatment of women and how its leader was exploiting them. He left the Nation and went to Mecca and came back with an improved ideology and this new way of thinking carried him until his death. Malcolm was able to look at who he was aligned to and question them when they were going against their own principles which is something I respect. The man was iconic.

What are your spiritual or religious beliefs and why do you hold them?

I'm not religious or spiritual but I do enjoy learning about astrology. Its an intellectual pursuit for me. I find that religion is a form of social control that takes advantage of society's fear of death and desire for guidance. As someone who is self-fulfilled, religion does not make much sense to me and seems like a way for people to ease their anxieties. There could be a higher being but I hardly believe that any one religious text is an accurate documentation of rules directly from God. People interpret life's events differently and I don't see a different between a story from the Bible and a near-death experience where somebody believes they met God expect that one person's interpretation of the rules and lessons they learned from God in their experience has been printed and mass-produced worldwide.

What are your political beliefs, and why? How much do you care about politics?

I'm what Americans would call independent. I'm left leaning but don't align with any party. I call them all out equally, even if I have extra vim for the Tories. I have my own beliefs from my own research and that's what shapes my opinions. I vote for whoever will implement what I want at a certain time but don't like any of these bloody parties when you read the reports on them. I'm annoyed at Labour right now for choosing the least charismatic wet-wipes to lead its campaigns and the Tories for their constant lies. I think Green is most identical to my beliefs but I never see them anywhere except locally.

What is one common misconception that people have about life? Explain why it is wrong.

I think at the end of the day, people take insignificant things too seriously while dismissing what is actually serious. In this world, human beings are all fundamentally the same. We all breathe, eat, shit and live. We all have the same desires and the same needs. One person's fear of losing assets leads to conflict with another person who has the exact same fears and then entire organisations are created to ensure that these two parties can have a civilised discussion about it before breaking out into war.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

Like I said above, we're all the same. We're all power-hungry animals trying to survive. I think a problem is the globalisation era. It's not a problem in itself but the invention of the internet was not forseen. Nobody could have predicted something so huge. There is a unionisation of minds across the globe. People are now having much more influence than they would have done prior to the internet. A phenomenon that would have just affected one region can now impact the entire world. Companies have taken advantage of this and now have a ridiculous amount of power due to the sheer scope of the world that they can reach. Laws are not catching up fast enough and there's an imbalance of power between the companies and international law. Amazon can co can sit alongside law and policymakers because they have that much influence now. We're seeing how technology is leading to AI-controlled weapons that can track and hunt war fugitives without any human involvement. These are not yet fully regulated by the law as the debates on their use continue. None of this would have been popular without the internet. It's interesting stuff.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your self typing might be it. I think Se sub > Ti sub. www.sociotype.com/tests

TIM
    SLE-NC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Your self typing might be it. I think Se sub > Ti sub. www.sociotype.com/tests
    Thank you! I took the test again and got 'SLE-0 SeTi (ESTp)' this time whereas before, I've always gotten Se.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE/SLE
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    SLE-NC
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CecaniahTzu View Post
    LIE/SLE
    Is this due to high Te? Also, how comes not EIE? Same functions and same quadra - do I show low Fe?
    Last edited by Malandro; 12-17-2021 at 06:28 PM.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I didn't see Fe-ego. Yes.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."