Thread: Anyone else feels out of place wherever they go?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default deleted

deleted
    Last edited by nousername; 12-04-2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason: None

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, this is not enough to type you properly.

My impression from what you wrote is that you read a bunch of MBTI descriptions, found some characteristics which seemed cool, and then described parts of your life which could correspond to those cool types.

This is a really scattered approach, if true, because everyone has parts of all the types in there somewhere. I mean, I can take a socionics test and by selecting very specific parts of my life and my feelings, get typed as an IEI.

There are several approaches you can take to finding out what your sociotype PROBABLY - NO GUARANTEE, is.

One is to take some tests (like the one at Sociotype.com, but there are others), sometimes repeatedly after giving yourself some time to let the questions soak in, and then take either an average or an educated guess as to the results.

Two is to hang around this forum and interact with people. There are some very good typers here, and if you text enough, your MAIN characteristics will come through.

Three is to read a bunch of the descriptions of the types and see which one resonates with you the most.

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-18-2021 at 07:19 PM.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryl View Post
    God, this is torture. I honestly find it very cringey (for lack of a better word) when people write long walls of text about their personal lives in public places, but I'm gonna have to do this one for science. Curious what you've all got to say about this even though I prefer 1-on-1 sessions. Imagine there's some emoji here since I don't really like using them unless I'm trying to be funny lol (I work in goddamn communications/marketing so I feel like a highly advanced AI that skims over a list of emojis and picks the most 'appropriate' one). I only use them for business purposes so the other person doesn't think I'm an emotionless jerk or something. If anything, it's the opposite - that one thing you said about me yesterday will probably be sitting in my head somewhere for a couple years.

Anyway, I was initially going to just answer one of the questionnaires but that feels like a chore to me. I feel like I know myself well enough, but ask me questions like that and I'm going to have to think about them a lot. My best ideas sort of just come on the spot as I'm trying to do it, even if we're talking about something that isn't strictly about me. There'd be a lot of questions I'd be asking myself if I were to use that questionnaire - "how do I feel about this?", "how do I answer without making it sound like I'm an edgelord?", "is that one thing I did back then related to this?". My inner world can get kind of angsty, even if it doesn't look like it on the surface. Most of my life has been about self-development and wanting to do cool stuff - for example, I've got more interests/hobbies than I can list here (mostly arts and humanities related) and I've studied 6 foreign languages. Everything would probably be great if others had the same approach towards life, but unfortunately that's not the case. I often find myself isolated and frustrated by the fact that things are the complete opposite of what I wish it were. Found a new job? Everyone's slacking and/or incompetent, so our work will be subpar unless I step in and do something about it (I do this in college all the time since my grades are at stake there, but with other situations I usually don't bother anymore). All while trying to control myself and not let some mean words slip out, you know. I get that having fun is important, I love it too and I wouldn't be able to function properly without it, but having this as your top priority and neglecting everything else is just hedonistic. I'll blame hyper-socialization for now.

I doubt this is enough for a proper typing, but it should be a decent intro at least. I hope it catches someone's interest so I can hear some opinions. Questions are very welcome too. Typology (socionics, MBTI, enneagrams, instinctual variants, etc.) has been sitting in the back of my head for months so I know I won't be able to rest until I get it right. Am I always like this? No, not really, but this is sort of a powerful tool that might help me find people who are compatible with me. Doesn't take much to tell that I struggle with it a lot lol. I do have some ideas regarding my type but I don't wanna spoil it or give you confirmation bias - same with the other theories too. Good luck!

OK, I'm avoiding work, so I'll write down my impressions of your type so far.

An interest in Arcade games seems LII to me.

Your avatar looks ESI e6 CP. Yes, I type by avatar. Lol.

Your writing style is intelligent and COULD be LIE, since the wording is logically organized, but something seems off when it is compared to my impressions of most LIEs. Are you really young? Like, fifteen?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does it REALLY come off that way to you?
    Yes.
    I thought I'd try something different and just write my thoughts, I wasn't even thinking of MBTI or anything like that at the time. I'm quite skeptical about tests, descriptions and questionnaires - I can read them over and over again but I just end up running in circles. And again, it was a genuine attempt.
    I don't doubt that it was genuine. It just didn't contain information which could easily narrow down your sociotype.

This is pretty funny coming right after that last post though. I'm sure the fact that I checked out the arcade and my avatar say more than three paragraphs I wrote.
    What's e6 CP supposed to mean?

And I'm 21 for the record.
    e6 CP is enneagram type 6, counter-phobic. It's a flavor of enneagram 6.

This might be a good place to say that I'm usually wrong in my initial guesses as to sociotypes. I still recommend using one of the three methods I mentioned above.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This maybe internal or lack of someone connecting to you where you go
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smell IEE
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stryl
    It's not enough for me to type you (just being angsty isn't very diagnostic though it's definitely associated more with some types than others), but since my approach to typing is deductive, I'll try to set you in a vaguely sensible direction. I would say that Te-Fi valuing (not necessarily that order) makes sense to me from your writing style and the things you chose to vent about (people not trying hard in the workplace/college, worrying a lot about coming off as an "edgelord", hypersocialization, etc), so you're probably a Gamma or Delta. Don't eliminate Alpha or Beta completely from your mind just yet though, because as I said this really isn't enough to type you off of. It just makes sense to me.

Next, your writing style feels irrational (in the Jungian sense) to me. It's again, not enough to be diagnostic, but I lean towards thinking you're a p rather than a j. That again would narrow things down to ILI, SEE, SLI, or IEE.

Last thing I'll comment on for now is that your Te feels like a Hidden Agenda type of Te to me. It's my PoLR, yet I don't feel particularly stressed by it coming from you. This leads me to thinking SEE or IEE are both reasonable guesses for you, but I've known some SLIs I got this feeling from too. My aunt in particular is very good at not stressing me with her Te despite it being such an important part of her type. I don't know why, but SLIs seem uniquely good at tempering aspects of Delta quadra that rub me the wrong way.

My educated(?) guess is that you're probably an IEE, but I certainly wouldn't bet any money on that typing. I can see several ways other types would fit what you wrote just fine as well. I hope this was useful to you somehow, but if you want a proper typing then you should probably respond to a questionnaire
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll respond to a questionnaire too so make sure to check it out.
    I have the memory of a sea anemone, so if you'd like for me to reply, please go ahead and tag me in your post! ^-^
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It can be cringey yeah but I think I prefer when people throw their heart out in public as to me it makes them more trustworthy. Heavy Te types that want to always be productive, constructive and business-like in public- makes me think that in an interpersonal way they will be a shitty person and honestly in many cases this has turned out to be just that lol. I'm more inclinced to trust the soul in one's heart rather than the Te diploma on one's wall.

I think almost everybody feels out of place, even the popular/preppy people. Not quite like us loser weirdo artistic internet ppl but still. I think we all feel alone until we die.... the human ego is naturally something that is dissected up into a weird demon that cannot relate or connect to anything else- it's purely narcissistic. And weird. But it's part of the Oneness of human spirit. The Oneness of non-duality in religious texts naturally accepts this loneliness and cutting off from 'Source' as a natural Yin-Yang balance to Source itself. Source loves and allows this contrast, even though the contrast can't accept Source.

Talking to people is better than being all by yourself, at least for too long- even if you have a really introverted brain like I do, and even if you are from opposing quadras (I think you might be Delta yeah) - so welcome to the community! <3

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    I think almost everybody feels out of place, even the popular/preppy people. Not quite like us loser weirdo artistic internet ppl but still.
    ...I feel rather connected and in place amongst certain people, tbh.

I think we all feel alone until we die.... the human ego is naturally something that is dissected up into a weird demon that cannot relate or connect to anything else- it's purely narcissistic. And weird. But it's part of the Oneness of human spirit. The Oneness of non-duality in religious texts naturally accepts this loneliness and cutting off from 'Source' as a natural Yin-Yang balance to Source itself. Source loves and allows this contrast, even though the contrast can't accept Source.
    Much too spiritual/mystical for me, ngl. Not all of us see things this way.

I live, I form close connections with others, I die. I don't see it as anything that complicated.

Do you think you might be projecting?

-Artistic internet person

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I could have written a lot of what you did, but I probably have more of a sense of self-irony underneath it than you do. E.g. I'm angsty when I bemoan the state of the world being so far behind, but when I sit down to actually work with someone, my focus is on how we can make the best thing possible by utilizing our respective talents, and I only feel angsty when the other person is too, let's say, nonconstructive or misguided. I would start typing yourself by getting it down to a couple T types you could be and trying to pick from those. If you think what you've written defines you pretty well, I don't think a T type would be far off, and probably j and N, but you could be S. E/I not enough info really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if your post is a vent or you're actually looking to get typed. or both? you seem to be all over the place. I think maybe IEE since you mention having many interests/hobbies, valuing self-development, and wanting your colleagues to be more hardworking. but this is just a superficial evaluation.

as for the title question: yes, almost all the time. I embrace my loneliness (not to sound like an edgelord haha)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I don’t think anyone ever feels 100% like they fit in. I mean, I think there is variance.

reverie in an accountants office~ feels at home 8%
    reverie in a wood filled with twinkle lights and harps~feels at home 80%
    reverie at home and with her parents and sister~ 65%
    reverie at home with her kids and husband~80%

some people have a way of making me feel like more of an alien than what I am, some people make me feel less, some feel like home as much as home can get.

I don’t think 100% is obtainable…it would be complete synchronicity of everything with ones being, which each person being an individual snowflake and all…difficult to obtain.

of course some people deviate more from the norm and finding a higher percentage may be difficult. I do believe that’s possible.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎