Thread: Betas and Covid

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Betas and Covid

I remember reading that Betans are the first to mobilize during times of duress and chaos

Rules and regulations are the home of LSI
    Mass social movements, rioting, etc etc. Infuencers. Parallels between Se and Fe could be drawn here.

How do betas here react to and perceive this covid times?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so Beta than all the other ppl, Covid had me!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LSI So/Sp boss is super strict about COVID precautions and already got her booster shot

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah fuck COVID, fuck masks, fuck lockdowns.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like when other people enforce the rules too strictly (an LSE friend of mine is always complaining about people not being careful enough), but I tend to follow them moderately well myself. I got both my shots as soon as I was able and I wear my mask most of the time I'm supposed to. I think I'm mostly just responsive to the group I'm with though. If other people are taking off their masks I'll take off mine. If other people are mostly all wearing theirs then I'll wear mine. I really don't care much or see why people are defining their identity around a bit of cloth one way or the other. Personally I like wearing mine and will probably keep wearing one whether I need it or not just cause I like the increased anonymity in public. There's so much surveillance these days that I'd honestly be pretty happy if masks became a more permanent norm in the west - not them being mandatory everywhere, but just it being normal to wear them I mean

Basically I think the government shouldn't mandate so much stuff, but everyone needs to chill by several degrees. The people getting so worked up about whether other people are following the rules or not need to realize that it's not their job to police other people's hygiene, and the people who are turning the "I'll never wear a mask or be injected with the Devil's jizz!" thing into their whole identity should take it down a notch and read some more of the research. We got lucky this time and the virus didn't end up being that bad. More likely than not though, there are bigger, badder pandemics on the way. It would be good to use this opportunity to figure out how to deal with one properly before we are faced with one that threatens to wipe out 2 billion people in a year
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the restrictions but I’m more inclined to blame people that aren’t willing to swallow their pride and behave for a few months for prolonging the pandemic. I also think there’s justice in the fact that many vulnerable people weren’t forced to go to their menial/customer facing jobs during the height of the pandemic thanks to lockdowns and handouts (even though essential workers got shafted and deserved more assistance) - not everyone can afford to just “stay home” if they’re worried about getting sick and dying under normal circumstances. COVID would’ve just decimated the poor even more than it did if we lived in ancapistan
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-17-2021 at 02:15 PM.