Thread: Sense of seriousness

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Sense of seriousness

Opposite to the humor thread. What things do you take very seriously? What do you get seriously butthurt about and don't view it as a joke and look at people with Fi snarl/disgust faces if they are too upbeat or light about it?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Self-interested politicians.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Skipping personal ethics to make money

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of accountability for one's actions,
    and the use of over emotionality to escape accountability for those actions.

Victim mentality
    Last edited by CptLandhawk; 11-11-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't worry about things too much when they involve me, usually. I know I'll be fine, am not concerned, don't take people too seriously. "Whatever, I have bigger fish to fry / better things to do."
    It's when people mess with those I care for in a way that genuinely threatens them, upsets them, etc...that is when you better watch your back. I don't play. That rage clicks on, I get one track minded, voracious...reeeaaally not a side you want to get on.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selfish egocentric ESEs with low understanding of themselves. Unfortunately I have to deal with one because we are family.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal space violation. Y'all need to keep your halitosis to yourselves.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Selfish egocentric ESEs with low understanding of themselves. Unfortunately I have to deal with one because we are family.
    Aside from that family member, is this a problem you face often?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Aside from that family member, is this a problem you face often?
    Not often but it has happened. Certain ESEs are willing to twist reality and therir arguments in absurdum to fit ther illogical feeling.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Not often but it has happened. Certain ESEs are willing to twist reality and therir arguments in absurdum to fit ther illogical feeling.
    Do you think ESEs are more prone to that than other F base types (for instance EIEs)? It's interesting that ESEs seem to bother you so much given that you're mirror relations.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really patient with my students. They're just a bunch of crazy, hyper kids who don't wanna sit still, so I understand it can be difficult to pay attention to me. I tend to treat capturing their attention as my responsibility and don't really get upset if they aren't listening to me or are having side conversations. I just figure I need to do better at being entertaining

But...

Heaven help them if they dare interrupt or make fun of a classmate who is attempting to follow the material and speak English. I don't put up with that at all. They WILL respect their classmates who are trying to learn
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Do you think ESEs are more prone to that than other F base types (for instance EIEs)? It's interesting that ESEs seem to bother you so much given that you're mirror relations.
    It even strengthens my awareness of the compatibility, because I can feel the positive chemistry despite the ESE being an idiot. There are also lots of ESEs who are lovely, and maybe my problem is more with the Dominant ESE subtype.

I can't say exactly why ESE are so difficult. It's as if the unconscious LII personality is the slave of their Feeling. So an inner "scientist/analyst" with the sole purpose of confirming their subjective view on things. ESE can be intellectually really childish and ridiculous.

The balanced ESEs are nice though.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm not in the mood to hear jokes.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm this could be a lot of things lmao, should NFs be excluded?

I hate posthumanism. It gets me mad.
    I hate consumerism.
    I hate cancel culture shit.
    I hate selfish and corrupt politicians.
    I hate war atrocities even if they happened thousands of years ago, I still will feel furious about them as if they recently happened.
    I hate apathy.
    I hate being obstructed or stopped in what I want to do.
    I hate the passing of time.
    I hate a reluctance towards crime and decay.
    I hate when people make no attempt to change or improve.
    I hate my own laziness and weakness.

There is a lot I'm deadly serious about actually. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious Face

Idk...anything that involves my mental health, my duties, peoples criticisms about me when they don't know shit, predators, and people who want to cause bullshit are not taken lightly by me I think. Im pretty lenient with a lot of stuff. But I draw the line when it starts seriously effecting other people or something personal that someone wants to be overtly critical about.

I was more serious when I was younger but not as much now really.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did I miss this thread? An opportunity to let my Fi burst aflame?

- when people make insulting jokes about babies and young children just because they’re “too young to remember.” The older I get, the more I realize they retain a great deal of those “jokes” and allow them to affect their self-perception.

- when people are mean to their dogs. I fully own up to spoiling my own, but why even bother bringing a domestic animal into your home if you are going to treat it like a warhorse?

- selective amnesia. Suddenly, what a person did never happened as soon as it hurts someone else’s feelings. You just imagined it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get really irritated when I hear or see people abusing children or animals. I also don't like seeing or hearing about people getting bullied.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Funny" animal videos that are actually quite cruel to laugh at. Most "funny" cat compilations have one or two clips like this. A cat angrily growling and holding another cat's head down against the food bowl with its paw while it's clearly terrified...how is this fucking funny to anyone? It's sick and disgusting that anyone laughs at that. How can someone not feel for it with the obvious fear in its eyes?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oloanvanh08411o View Post
    nha cai
    Quote Originally Posted by oloanvanh08411o View Post
    sex hÃ*ng đầu

Oui oui oui

ewwweeeee
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently..people pressuring me to drink alcohol when they know I suffer badly from hangovers. It’s usually people who have drinking issues themselves. Also when skinny people pressure me to eat more. I once had dinner with an ESE and somehow she managed to persuade me to eat way more than I wanted on our shared platter. She got some sort of kick out of manipulating me into over indulging, probably because she feels guilty when she overeats. She is very thin. So basically people taking out their insecurities on other people, to make them feel momentarily like other people have the problem, not them.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

victim blaming. people who hate victim mentality are PROJECTING (TWIGGEWED???!?!!?) their own weakness and manipulativeness on someone else. they themeslves are used ot having it easy in their lfie. this doesnt mean no problems. but it means problems they can ignore which they call "bearing". those are people without contextual awareness, without sophisticated thinking to address the sophisticated issues at hand, and who are used to only seeing themelves as the victim in the first place, so now they get a taste of their own medicine a bit, now they have to project victim mentality on anyone who's struggling too much, because they themselves have never had to struggle too much, and it never was too much, because they were never attached/cared enough in the first place, this includes caring about other people. those are the kind of people without a growth mindset, who mindlessly push through whatever they are faced with, and when someone fails despite following convenitional wisdom of listening to experts and pushing through, instead of thinking for themselves, they simply let go. thats it. they let go. they say its just the world. no. this is true victim mentality. this is your own stupidity. those are the people who blame me for listening to them and failing, when i told them what would happen if i lsitened, then i did it, and they tell me "if u knew better why did u listen to me?". because u pressured me, becuause u blamed me, because u refused to treat me like a human, because i had to think for myself, BECAUSE U ARE NOT WILLING TO THINK FOR ME, AND FOR ANYONE ELSE IN THAT MATTER. because thinking is hard, because emapthy is work, but imagine taking someone's money for your empathy, which is whats happening now, its an actual job, yet not a real one, because its not how it fucking works. its a cheap Te placeholder that doesnt solve the issue, but makes whatever's present in the immediate moment gettable through, multiple times consistently, until its not, but the truth is it was always leading to that point because its rigged in the first place.
    those are people who dont think about how they are affecting others as a whole, and thus, they dont think themselves how they are affected. something bad happens to them, they cry like a baby bc thats how they've gotten through most of their life, thinking nothing's their own fault, after they've been haphazardly playing with their own health and others, they get blamed for real, they have to go and tell everyone how its not everyone else's fault about their own issues, but their own. thats the mindset they grew up in, that nothing's their fault. thats not the mindset i grew up with, because i was never that fucking stupid. they are solipsistic. their problems are their fault, so if they make someone else has a problem, to relieve their own presonal problem, its that other person's problem now, and it means, its that other person's fault now.

ironic isnt it? when i blame someone for what IS their fault, when they are blaming me for it instead, im called victim mentality. because the truth is, it never changed. they still have the victim mentality. they still dont care about anyone else. they push through things, without expecting external help, because they wouldnt help anyone either. depending on ur needs, u may need to hurt someone else to save urself. so whenever i refuse to do it, im not solving my problems, im not doing anything. im choosing to be a victim. people live on borrowed time, on borrowed health, they see kidness as victimhood. they actually do get external help, they just do it through exploitaiton, instead of asking for it. their victim is asking for it.
    Last edited by VewyScawwyNawcissist; 12-04-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1