Thread: Born-Again Virgins

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Born-Again Virgins

What do you think about this?

Though the relationship lasted for seven years and produced two beautiful children, a part of Watts always felt guilty. She wished she could step back in time and recapture her lost virginity. Thinking of how “I could have ruined one of greatest fulfillments of my life,” the first time having sex with a husband, she wanted to “have that opportunity again. I know my [future] husband deserves a whole person.”
    Across the country, "revirginization" appears to be gaining steam. Spiritual efforts to reclaim virginity emerged back in the early 1990s and now, prompted by abstinence-only school courses taught to thousands of girls nationwide, and by religious teachers, there are reports of more and more young women like Watts attempting a sexual do-over. Other women are opting for a more radical route to reclaim their virginity: surgical replacement of the hymen, the small membrane that stretches from the walls of the vagina and that typically breaks when a woman first has intercourse — or for many other reasons, from tampon use to vigorous exercise.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna23254178

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Works as a fantasy maybe but in reality you lose your virginity only once to me. Why the fuck would you feel 'guilty' over that - straight people and their religions are so weird to me jesus christ. I didn't know it was even possible to surgically put the hymen back together lol. I just know it's a common perv fantasy 'popping the cherry' etc.

Seems to me overly idealizing the experience because don't some women accidentally break their hymen riding bicycles or horse back riding or doing other activities? Or maybe the first time wasn't all it was cracked up to be for whatever reasons. The heterosexual fascination of virginity is weird to me but technically as a gay guy I don't really have a hymen so you can't really break my cherry in that way. Hard for me to relate here....

It's also kind of creepy to me if you go too overboard with this - kind of pre-pedophiliac in a sense maybe because you always want your innocence to be taken away a bunch of times all over again. This is fine as some roleplay fantasy to me- I mean I can't judge that but umm the surgery thing is going too far to me and what's stopping somebody from wanting to re-virginize themselves every single time lol? Seems like a weird mental health issue. Like you narcissistically try to make sex this perfect Holy thing for the 234237 th time but nothing is ever perfect enough. You sinful little whore.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the reason why women would want this, but I think it's misguided. You don't get to erase parts of your life, or go back in time and change them. It's better to learn to embrace the mistakes and joys you've lived than you try to change who you are in this way.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surgical replacement of the hymen…just to break it again lol.

Tbf this seems like a reasonable option for women who fear “honor killings” as described in the article.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Even though it's nowhere near the same thing the only way I really relate to this is how often I re-roll RPG characters so much from scratch to find the perfect class I like.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 11-09-2021 at 01:05 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uh-oh. Cover your ears everybody. It also reminds me of a Miley Cyrus song:

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, Im coming in with a fun take. I went to catholic school. They preached abstinence. Had a born again virgin come in and preach abstinence. Honestly......I understand this. I mean, its not like you can go erase you past but, its saying, "Yeah, I did this. To be honest, looking back it wasn't worth it but I didn't know what I know now. I wish I waited to feel this safe and happy and I wish it was you who was first."

Women have a lot more pressure on us in terms of our sexual partners. No matter our beliefs, someone is going to scrutinize us about it from both genders. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I cant imagine what it would be like if virginity is such deeply honored in your country yet extreme double standards.

On an emotional vibe, I get it though. There is a part of me that legit feels that way. However, I am not ashamed of my past because of it. You have to give something to get something. Knowledge and experience is power in this sense that I am thankful for and can help me avoid the shit now lol. But...Im not going to lie, there is something special with just being with one person and feeling safe and loved. Young me wanted that. Older me wants that ideally but realistically, she is thankful that shes got some info even at the cost of ideals. Sadly, that's not the reality for most people nor are relationships supposed to work out perfectly.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Yeah, I did this. To be honest, looking back it wasn't worth it but I didn't know what I know now. I wish I waited to feel this safe and happy and I wish it was you who was first."
    This makes sense to me. I also think like young people aren't really thinking in terms of 'safe' and are just hormonal. I mean more people from my age group- teens now grew up more with the internet compared to me and it's different because the internet shelters people so much in a weird way. Adolescents/coming-of-agers just stereotypically wanna have fun and be thrilled they are looking more for experiences and sensations not so much safety. Stuff like that when you are younger stereotypically seems boring and unsexy and uncool lol but I mean I don't know, I'm weird and backwards and I've never really been too much like that cuz of 1D Se issues lol but I mean yeah..... in an objective way it makes sense.

I know I can't naturally relate well to this but I mean lol the first person I had sex with it was so bad emotionally/intimately but carnally and in a purely physical shallow way it hit all the right buttons lol. Sort of like it felt emotional and deeper than it really was at first because it was so carnally good. Appreciating the other stuff you referred to requires a maturity I didn't really have back then even though I was a lot more mature and adult-like compared to kids my own age and less puerile- I still was immature in this sense I think.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing gets me off faster than surgically added skin over a 40 year old woman’s cavern giving me that extra millisecond of extra c0ckbl0cking