What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diane could be ILI

It's an interesting documentary since cats have been holy animals in ancient Egypt and in Norse mythology the goddess Freya was accompanied by cats.

They seem to represent a part of the psyche of their owners. I don't know exactly what.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about loneliness / not having friends, kids, or family?

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Is it just loneliness / not having friends, kids, or family?
    i think its also cognitive problems, incapable with dealing with other humans or being fixated on cats as some sort of toy, routine, pacifier. Margo is the most depressing one. She's black at least partially. Frustration with the world around her, failure to conceptualize and cope further. Finds no place in the world for herself.
    Jenny is pissing me off innitially bc she talks as if she already knows something and she makes perfect sense? she says "like" a lot. very "duh" energy. i think falling into that pattern is due to isolation. ive seen other IEEs struggle like that. i get in a lot of fights with them when it comes to living with them.

Diane is Te Fi valuing. Ni eyes. maybe LIE

Ziggy... im brain dead now. like subscri

cats seem to be some kind of helplessness and infantility, weak independence < cats are associated with independence more than dogs. the owners are alone. themselves are "stray" and confused.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

margo maybe ese, diane ili, ziggy eii
    jenny is funny & seems most normal

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need to foster a cat, saying to remind myself again

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hmm ppl are different. It would drive me nuts if the government health department told me I couldn't have my own bed due to safety reasons jesus- but she just accepts it all for her love of cats lol. My bed is a kind of private santrucary and to think even Te has power over that annoys me lol. /defiantly rips off mattress tag and sticks it in somebody's mouth. I'm also a pussy prince and I'm not sure I could easily sleep on a folding lawn chair like that and just make do with it... I'm kinda glad I never really liked anything too much in a Fi way to get obsessed over it like that lol. I was accused/'falsely supervised' by a LIE for potentially being 'too nice' to my cats but meh I've always just been good with animals like Fluttershy lol. I still know how to keep a good distance with them but things like that vary depending on PoV. I love them but I also like my boundaries lol.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by them View Post
    margo maybe ese, diane ili, ziggy eii
    jenny is funny & seems most normal

Nice typings!

So...

Margo ESE
    Jenny IEE (?)
    Diane ILI
    Ziggy EII

Yes, Jenny is funny and verbally talented. (She is hot also).

Ziggy seems to be the most insane of all the ladies, because she seems to lack self insight.

Diane has a better knowledge of her personal problem.

Margo is very Fe oriented in what she talks about.

Jenny seems to be a borderline case. She has some nervous reactions, and I'm thinking that she is still relatively sane, but she could get worse if she doesn't watch out. She talks about this herself.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Jenny IEE (?)
    ILE could work.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smh, just CATastrophic.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you guys more interested in typing them, or in seeing how others type others in general?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jenny: "But don't worry, I'm not on medicine or anything like that... ... anymore."

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jenny: I've had boyfriends. One of them was stoned all the time. And he must have forgotten to smoke one day. And he was like "OMG I have a girlfriend". And that was that.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diane: "I have a girl who comes and helps me in the middle of the night"

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.ESE/ILE
    2. EII-Fi
    3. SLI
    4. EII-Ne

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Margot said it herself, that she feels loved unconditionally by her cats. Theirs is a special relationship and to leave home and try building human relationships is risky because she may not be accepted and to be away from home she would be away from familiarity, her pets.

The documentary got me thinking about a stored history/memory bank of codependent or unsuccessful human relationships.
    Margot described an upbringing in which she wasn't "seen" for who she was. To fit in with her siblings who received praise, she needed to be more ambitious than was true of her nature. Expectations were impressed on her and have left her with insecurities.

Jenny's boyfriend didn't sound like he contributed much to their relationship. It seemed more like he took from her when he needed and was absent or inconsistent when he didn't have needs to fulfil. Her history of human relations is of unreliable people who won't be there for her.

Diane was made redundant and soon after this she noticed her habit of capturing lost, homeless cats. It's a crude comparison to draw, but I thought that for both her and Ziggy the cat rescuing had a self-soothing effect because they both feel let-go, overlooked or as an outsider - no longer part of a friend group, without a workplace culture, having a lifestyle outside of the norm. Cats don't pay attention to your reputation or your baggage or how anyone else perceives you based on events from your past.

I wonder if it's like the feeling you get when seeing a child's soft toy donated to a charity store bin or tossed in the rubbish. You feel sorry for the toy because this was maybe once loved but has now been discarded by its previous companion and it's a heart-sinking sight. Better the charity store option, because then it does get a second life. Anything can become imbued with human qualities if you see something there to relate to.

Maybe pangs of loneliness can be dulled by being doting on cats who couldn't possibly receive as much attention and love from someone else as they do from you. They need you for any shelter, food and loving care you can possibly offer them and they reward your dedication with affection. The documentary is from 2009, so I wonder whether Diane still looks after cats today.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a long shot but I get the feeling that most cat people are Fi valuers and dog people are Fe valuers. I don't get along very well with cat people. Probably because in many ways I'm like a dog.

People I've known who really like cats: LSE, EII, LIE, ILI
    People I've known who really like dogs: EIE, SEI, ILE (myself), SLI

Dogs are energetic and expressive, cats are lazy and aloof. So ESE vs ILI in terms of personality maybe Also dogs require higher maintenance because of how energetic and needy they are. So dog hoarding isn't really possible I guess.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My two cents, from VI:

Margo = ESE
    Jenny = Looks LIE, acts ILI. Probably a severely damaged LIE.
    Diane = ILE
    Ziggy = IEE

I once read the comment of a local detective who was quoted in the local paper because he was investigating a murder. He said that when they arrive at a crime scene, they always count the number of cats in a house. If more than three, they assume that the owner is insane.

In that particular case, the murderer had killed his GF, cut her up and put her in the freezer for while, then after a few months had decided that keeping her body around the house was too dangerous, so he put the body parts in his car and drove towards Oregon (from Ann Arbor) to bury the pieces. He was traffic stopped in South Dakota IIRC for a traffic violation, and the arresting officer asked to look in the trunk, where he discovered a severed head.

More than three cats, I believe.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is unclear to me why Diane has to get up at night to clean. And even having the girl over to help her at night. Can't it wait until the morning? I know 123 cats is a lot, but still.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    It is unclear to me why Diane has to get up at night to clean. And even having the girl over to help her at night. Can't it wait until the morning? I know 123 cats is a lot, but still.

Lol.

Being constantly jet-lagged can distract you from your crappy life.

I’ve been there. I might be there now. Not at 123 cats, but at the jet-lagged part.