Thread: Socionics/Dimensionality and Intelligence

TIM
    C-ESI-3Se
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics/Dimensionality and Intelligence

Do you think there is any relation between them? 4D is considered high level, and 1D low level, but hypothetically speaking…

1) Do you think someone with lower than average cognition (say there's some sort of brain injury/head trauma) might resemble something more along the lines of 2D, but as Base?

2) Do you think someone like Einstein might be able to operate at higher dimensionality in the functions that are typically 1D? I don't want to argue Einstein's type on this thread, so I'll just use Bob as an example instead: if Bob is the smartest person on earth, and is an ILI, do you think Bob's Fe will still be 1D?

3) Alternatively, suppose that dimensionality does remain consistent no matter what someone's intelligence level is. Do you think Bob, the hypothetical genius from the 2nd question above, would probably be using some lower D IE (any, but we will go with 2D for the hypothetical) with more proficiency than an average intelligence person with that same IE as their Base (4D) IE?
    Last edited by Lady Lunacy; 11-03-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Showing only bits and pieces
    'Till the light betrays you and your empty elocution
    Searching your eyes for a hint or a trace of humility
    Searching your eyes for the saint is an act of futility

You're deceived by inner demons that were fed by your own hand
    Shaded veils hide your perception, shooting nails into the heart
    Still deceived by inner demons that were fed by your own hand
    Shaded veils hide your perception, shooting nails into your head

The blood that runs within my veins
    Keeps me from ever ending up the same
    The fire that's pushing me on and on and on
    To me it's everything and it makes me fucking strong

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a thorough reasoning for this. The first thing which came to mind for points 2) and 3) was that someone very smart might zip through the development of their functions including their ego function earlier on in life compared to the average person. For example Bob (ILI) could exhibit strong use of Ni already as a child.

The other thought I had was that a person with exceptional skill or intelligence may stress their stronger functions and become imbalanced in other areas of their life which receive less attention. Bob may have fewer opportunities to develop Fe and it could remain weak.

I'm not sure how it would work, for someone very intelligent to have high dimension opposing functions. For example exceptional Fe and Ti. It seems like one must win out over the other.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    It seems like one must win out over the other.
    Yeah basically you can't be in 8 places at once.....

But I do think that intelligence will help you understand/and be able to resolve mistakes better, that arise from you not paying attention to the other places....

I think it will help with understanding other types better also

It should also help with contingencies for those other elements that you are not paying so much attention to

So due to contingencies, and understanding, yes I think that you could look better at lower functions, then is expected of you......
    Last edited by rtht; 11-03-2021 at 09:34 AM. Reason: wording

TIM
    C-ESI-3Se
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    3) Alternatively, suppose that dimensionality does remain consistent no matter what someone's intelligence level is. Do you think Bob, the hypothetical genius from the 2nd question above, would probably be using some lower D IE (any, but we will go with 2D for the hypothetical) with more proficiency than an average intelligence person with that same IE as their Base (4D) IE?
    Realized this one makes absolutely no sense based on what Dimensionality eans. It's not like it's a measurement of how good you are at it based on subjective/vague/undefined interpretations. 1D=via experience, etc.

wegilheariogaeriga why can't I clearly articulate my thoughts anymore these days? I used to be very articulate. Communication, pls.
    Showing only bits and pieces
    'Till the light betrays you and your empty elocution
    Searching your eyes for a hint or a trace of humility
    Searching your eyes for the saint is an act of futility

You're deceived by inner demons that were fed by your own hand
    Shaded veils hide your perception, shooting nails into the heart
    Still deceived by inner demons that were fed by your own hand
    Shaded veils hide your perception, shooting nails into your head

The blood that runs within my veins
    Keeps me from ever ending up the same
    The fire that's pushing me on and on and on
    To me it's everything and it makes me fucking strong

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Realized this one makes absolutely no sense based on what Dimensionality eans. It's not like it's a measurement of how good you are at it based on subjective/vague/undefined interpretations. 1D=via experience, etc.

wegilheariogaeriga why can't I clearly articulate my thoughts anymore these days? I used to be very articulate. Communication, pls.
    I think I sort of follow. With 1D functions, every instance can feel unfamiliar, like you have no footing. You don't have a head start in this area and you have to cobble together a solution from scratch. 1D Se = how much leverage can I apply here? I feel like I'm being too much, but someone else says I'm stalling and not acting on what I should (?)

More than intelligence, it seems that having a strong ability to recall memories will help someone improve their 1D function because it is experiential, and you are taught by recalling the previous times you made a similar mistake and how you resolved it. This could tie in somehow to point 1)