Thread: Socion or The Foundation of Socionics, and other articles by Aushra Augusta

Lightbulb Socion or The Foundation of Socionics, and other articles by Aushra Augusta

When people think of Augusta's writings, they usually think about Dual Nature of Man, when in fact she wrote much more than that. I am making this thread to share my own translation (I am Russian) of Augusta's other major work, Socion or The Foundations of Socionics:

https://classicsocionics.wordpress.com/socion/
    https://www.wikisocion.net/en/index....=Socion_(book)

The first link goes to my personal website. I have other materials by Augusta in there that I either translated, or machine-translated and revised (but please note that the revision of the type descriptions, except ESI, is not finished yet):

https://classicsocionics.wordpress.com/augusta-index/

Eventually I intend to translate and upload more writings by her, including the remaining two type descriptions (LSI and ILE).

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot. I owned a copy of the book in Russian, but I could never read it, so I gave it to a Russian guy. This is fantastic

To all forum members: Read Socion and the foundations of Socionics!

I find Aushra hard to read and I prefer Jung, but nevertheless your contribution to the forum is great.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Thanks a lot. I owned a copy of the book in Russian, but I could never read it, so I gave it to a Russian guy. This is fantastic

To all forum members: Read Socion and the foundations of Socionics!

I find Aushra hard to read and I prefer Jung, but nevertheless your contribution to the forum is great.
    How did you come to own a Russian book if you aren't Russian yourself? o.o
    I also got a book which is basically a collection of most Augusta's writings. I used it to create an index of all her works in Russian, maybe I could post it here as well if someone wants to machine translate them for their own use?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    How did you come to own a Russian book if you aren't Russian yourself? o.o
    I also got a book which is basically a collection of most Augusta's writings. I used it to create an index of all her works in Russian, maybe I could post it here as well if someone wants to machine translate them for their own use?
    I got it in 2012 from an American guy who had been in Ukraine. He knows Socionics (he's ILE). I then gave it to a Russian SEI whom I met at work. Here in Finland there are quite a lot of Russians also. The book looked interesting because of all the complex illustrations of functions, but now I can read what Aushra is talking about.

Btw, I think her Si description is really strange.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

I got it in 2012 from an American guy who had been in Ukraine. He knows Socionics (he's ILE). I then gave it to a Russian SEI whom I met at work. Here in Finland there are quite a lot of Russians also. The book looked interesting because of all the complex illustrations of functions, but now I can read what Aushra is talking about.

Btw, I think her Si description is really strange.
    It is pretty abstract, as is a lot of her writing, but I find it refreshing. It speaks about Si as an interdependence of processes and factors creating a particular whole, which leads to Si leads being able to understand how the factors influence the whole, and modify the factors to modify the whole. Like the cooking example, which ingredients to use to create a particular taste, or how to draw a painting to create a specific experience.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is pretty abstract, as is a lot of her writing, but I find it refreshing. It speaks about Si as an interdependence of processes and factors creating a particular whole, which leads to Si leads being able to understand how the factors influence the whole, and modify the factors to modify the whole. Like the cooking example, which ingredients to use to create a particular taste, or how to draw a painting to create a specific experience.
    But this sounds like she is inventing too much. Si perceives impressions that objects evoke. Jung has a long Si description and it is very clear to me, but I am not sure if Aushra was on the right track.

(Jung on Si)

But this sounds like she is inventing too much. Si perceives impressions that objects evoke. Jung has a long Si description and it is very clear to me, but I am not sure if Aushra was on the right track.
    I have not read Jung, so I can't really comment on his description of it. But when it comes to socionics definitions diverging from Jung's, I think it's useful to remember that socionics is not just a continuation of jungian typology, but rather a synthesis of at least 4 theories (jungian, Kepinski's IM, Ernst Kretschmer's work https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_...e_temperaments and Lichko's locus of least resistance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey...nyevich_Lichko), and Augusta was also clearly inspired by some additional sources. This isn't to say that I know how exactly all of them influenced her idea of elements, though.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not read Jung, so I can't really comment on his description of it. But when it comes to socionics definitions diverging from Jung's, I think it's useful to remember that socionics is not just a continuation of jungian typology, but rather a synthesis of at least 4 theories (jungian, Kepinski's IM, Ernst Kretschmer's work https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_...e_temperaments and Lichko's locus of least resistance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey...nyevich_Lichko), and Augusta was also clearly inspired by some additional sources. This isn't to say that I know how exactly all of them influenced her idea of elements, though.
    Right. Augusta is talking about the same functions and types as Jung, I have no doubts about that. But she is influenced by her own extraversion. Jung on the other hand is hyper-introverted (LII) and traces the introverted elements back to their archetypal foundations. (Btw, jung has excellent function descriptions but they can be difficult. I recommend reading what he says about Fe)

(Jung on Si)