User Tag List

Thread: Introduction

Smile Introduction

Hello, I am Sophia. I am a native Russian speaker and have known about socionics for a while, but only got more serious about it in the last 2 years (until now I was only present on Discord). Nice to meet you
    I know Russian speakers are pretty rare in these circles, so if you have questions about some specific Russian sources, I'd be glad to help.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! If you’d like to translate any articles not available in English, or whose translation is fairly bad, I think that’d always be appreciated.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, and thank you for your first translation.

What is your opinion on the Russian forums ? And what model is the most popular there, currently ?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Welcome! If you’d like to translate any articles not available in English, or whose translation is fairly bad, I think that’d always be appreciated.
    Did you notice? Axiom has translated one of Aushras major works. Socion and the foundation of Socionics. This is a sensation!
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    Welcome, and thank you for your first translation.

What is your opinion on the Russian forums ? And what model is the most popular there, currently ?
    I would say that socionics in Russia is in severe decline. It used to be more popular when I was a teenager (I am now 25), but it was also used by many people in the same way MBTI is currently used - to type fictional characters, RP as different types, draw fanart of them etc. There was actually a big community called "Socionics is a Fandom" lol But there were also more serious forums similar to this one, and even socionics journals where people would publish their socionics articles. Right now, though, all of that is pretty much nonexistent. There are still forums but they are a shadow of their former self. I'd say that the only things keeping socionics alive are very small socionics school that try to sell classes (of which Gulenko is the most popular), a VK group for the Talanov's questionnaire (which afaik is led by his son), and some Discord communities. I'm not active in any of these, but from what I've seen people do still mostly use model A. But, on the other hand, Gulenko's website is definitely the most popular resource for socionics as of now, if you google "socionics" in Russian his website is the first that comes up after Wikipedia.

And thanks for the welcome everyone

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your type? What made you interested in doing all these translations
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    What is your type? What made you interested in doing all these translations
    I type myself ESE, Normalizing subtype, enneagram 6 sp/so. In the past I also typed ILE and SEI, wish I had an LII phase so that I could say I have been each member of the alpha quadra at some point
    With the translations... Basically, I got reintroduced to socionics through English-speaking Discord servers where I ended up accidentally, and this reignated my interest in the theory. Once I became more serious about it, I wanted to contribute to my newfound community and friends in some way, and the translation option seemed like the best way to do that. It was something only I could do, since I met no other Russian-speaking people in the community. It's nice honestly, people seem really appreciative of me doing this, and when I'm translating I'm also forced to read the original work in depth, which helps improve my own understanding.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    I would say that socionics in Russia is in severe decline. It used to be more popular when I was a teenager (I am now 25), but it was also used by many people in the same way MBTI is currently used - to type fictional characters, RP as different types, draw fanart of them etc. There was actually a big community called "Socionics is a Fandom" lol But there were also more serious forums similar to this one, and even socionics journals where people would publish their socionics articles. Right now, though, all of that is pretty much nonexistent. There are still forums but they are a shadow of their former self. I'd say that the only things keeping socionics alive are very small socionics school that try to sell classes (of which Gulenko is the most popular), a VK group for the Talanov's questionnaire (which afaik is led by his son), and some Discord communities. I'm not active in any of these, but from what I've seen people do still mostly use model A. But, on the other hand, Gulenko's website is definitely the most popular resource for socionics as of now, if you google "socionics" in Russian his website is the first that comes up after Wikipedia.

And thanks for the welcome everyone

Do you have any thoughts on why the Russian community is in decline? What do you think can be done to introduce more discourse into the topic? Many of the original writer in socionics were academics, but I feel a void here as far as analysis and commentary on socionics from various viewpoints.

I think forums in the west have been in decline for a long time due to the rise of social media and Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    Do you have any thoughts on why the Russian community is in decline? What do you think can be done to introduce more discourse into the topic? Many of the original writer in socionics were academics, but I feel a void here as far as analysis and commentary on socionics from various viewpoints.

I think forums in the west have been in decline for a long time due to the rise of social media and Reddit.
    I think this is because socionics basically failed to establish itself as a serious theory worthy of consideration in the minds of most people. From what I've seen, 15-10 years ago it was basically in the same state MBTI is in the West right now, mostly used by teenagers and the types of adults who would also enjoy mainstream astrology. The majority of socionics content and conversations were surface level, with stuff like memes, joke descriptions, art, fanfics etc. So socionics became known as another astrology and not anything serious (also, and this is East-specific, type nicknames like Napoleon, Dumas, Dostoevsky definitely didn't help with branding, since they made socionics look even less legitimate and more like some weird roleplay). Now it faded into obscurity because mainstream teenagers have their own more contemporary trends. I didn't monitor the situation heavily though, because until 2 years ago I wasn't deeply invested.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    I think this is because socionics basically failed to establish itself as a serious theory worthy of consideration in the minds of most people. From what I've seen, 15-10 years ago it was basically in the same state MBTI is in the West right now, mostly used by teenagers and the types of adults who would also enjoy mainstream astrology. The majority of socionics content and conversations were surface level, with stuff like memes, joke descriptions, art, fanfics etc. So socionics became known as another astrology and not anything serious (also, and this is East-specific, type nicknames like Napoleon, Dumas, Dostoevsky definitely didn't help with branding, since they made socionics look even less legitimate and more like some weird roleplay). Now it faded into obscurity because mainstream teenagers have their own more contemporary trends. I didn't monitor the situation heavily though, because until 2 years ago I wasn't deeply invested.
    @Axiom, why are you invested now?