Tell me about yourself
I'm a 20 years old male. I guess the rest of this questionnaire will tell you more about me.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
I'm a sophomore in statistics. I like quantitative subjects because I'm quite good at managing, synthesising and interpreting data. I was good at it since I was in primary school and I knew that my student career had to involve such matters. I particularly enjoy demography and actuarial subjects, in which you study the evolution of certain phenomena and try to calculate indexes that can briefly describe what the situation was and what it will be in a certain future. I usually prefer a more practical approach and don't really dig theorems, demonstrations and theoretical stuff in general. I'd rather use only the information I need to solve the problem and come to a conclusion as fast as possible.

What are your values, and why?
I just try to be honest, fair and kind to everyone, and that’s about it. I actually don't think that moral values play a big role my personality, or at least I don’t consider myself a man of great values (I lean towards nihilism). I grew up in a Christian family and village, everyone here is so much religious but I don’t completely agree with Christian values (and religion in general), hence I’m agnostic. In some ways, I envy people with strong values and faith because it’s easier to live your life when, apparently, you have less doubts. But I honestly prefer to have doubts, question things and determine what is right specifically for every situation and not following some general principles imposed by the society I live in.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
I love music. I play bass, violin and drums. I write songs, poems and I even wrote an autobiography (what a silly thing to do at the age of 18). My favorite bands are Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Smiths, The Strokes, and I could go on forever with this list. Playing and writing makes me feel good and helped me through some very hard times in my life. I have not many other hobbies and my social life is restricted only to my closest friends: I particularly love hanging out with my best friend (he plays guitar) to discuss music, songs we’re making or just have some random conversation about anything interesting/funny at the moment. I’m not a party guy, I hate large groups and I prefer smaller groups and intimacy.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
Talking about friends, I look for someone who can share the same interests as mine so that we will always have common ground to spend our time together. Music is in fact what strictly connects me to my best friend: sharing intimate things like our own songs and lyrics is something immeasurable for me.
In romantic relationships I still don’t know what exactly I’m looking for. Sometimes I think I’m a bit too shaped in my habits/routine and perhaps I’d need someone that makes me go out of my boundaries in some ways. People will surely find my routine and habits quite boring and will definitely tell me get a joy out of life. For example, even though I’ve been part of many music bands, I’ve never fully committed because I don’t really like the lifestyle of a musician (touring and stuff like that): I’m more of a studio guy, I need to stay in my comfort zone (solitude, introversion, company of my few friends) to really give my best. Probably I need someone who enjoys life more than I do to really appreciate frivolous things more.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
If I were to follow my true nature I probably would have conflicts with everyone and everyday. There are many things I can not stand, such as hypocrisy, incoherence, inaccuracy and inefficiency. I always give my best to avoid those features in my behaviour and when people don’t treat me the same way I would most definitely argue with them. This rebellious nature never really emerges with people who aren’t close enough to me, so I only end up arguing with my parents, relatives and close friends. This doesn’t prevent me from telling everyone what I think about a problem anyways: only because I avoid conflicts it doesn’t mean that I’m not honest and critical with people.

How would your friends describe you?
Weird, insightful, introspective, talkative (only in my comfort zone), talented, stubborn, intransigent, monotonous, determined.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
I have a lifestyle that is too little flexible, I don’t like surprises and change. Others criticise me for not being outgoing and open to different experiences. And I absolutely agree with them.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
I’m pretty much independent. I’ve always succeeded in school and did my job without needing any kind of help (I absolutely HATE asking for help, maybe I’m a bit too proud of myself even though I lack in self confidence at times; that’s a bit of a contradiction, I know). I probably need to learn to cook a bit better and I’ll be ready to live alone (this will probably happen as shortly as in two years). Perhaps the area where I need more help is dealing with my emotions, it’s hard for me to control them and they have often caused me to do irreversible things as serious as losing friends.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
Weddings. There’s nothing worse than a 8 hour detention to a table with people you didn’t even know they knew you.
I surely enjoy music more than others. That’s because I like to go deep into the music theory and to investigate a band’s discography until there’s pretty much no song left to listen to.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
I’d like to succeed in university and get a decent job in the statistics field. I’m not planning to get married or have children, but this doesn’t absolutely exclude that I’ll live without a partner. Also, It would be amazing to release my music, it would mean much to me.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
I’d live in a recording studio for the rest of my life. Because statistics is what I’m good at but music is what I live for.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
Harsh sincerity and authenticity. I don’t like hypocrisy and I’d rather have someone tell the uncomfortable truth than keep telling the comfortable lie.
I’m annoyed by incoherent people, everyone who tries to appear different than he/she really is. I also dislike and ban every kind of extremism.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
I’m an orderly person. I tidy up my room every morning and I don’t find it to be a chore at all. I have a minimalistic style, I prefer “less but better” than “more but worse”. Order is really important to me, it makes me feel stable.

How do you behave around strangers?
I tend to ignore them because that’s exactly what I’d like strangers to do with me. If they ask an information or make a question, though, I’m always responsive and I will try to answer them as efficiently as possible.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
I’m a lot irritable and reactive when involved in a conflict, that’s why I never want to start one in the first place. I could very easily lose my mind just for the sake of winning an argument. I’m the kind of guy that will never ever retract his decisions, it’s very difficult for me to admit that I was wrong. If the person involved in the argument is someone close to me, I feel really bad about the atmosphere of fight between us and every time I find myself in this situation I wish I had kept my mouth shut.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
Statistics is a harsh subject. It is actually the one that has most links with other disciplines, such as history, geography, medicine and finance, just to name a few.

What did you do last Friday?
I went to University two hours before my lessons started to study with some of my colleagues. I attended lessons, came home, had dinner and hanged out with my friends.

I'm open to any kind of additional questions if needed. Thanks in advance.