Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 73

Thread: Member Questionnaire Manatroid92

  1. #1
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Member Questionnaire Manatroid92

    Hey all. New here, but have been researching socionics for the last 2 months or so.

    Unfortunately I've been confusing my own type several times now, and I've just decided to bite the bullet and ask for some advice.

    It's probably worth noting that I am on the autism spectrum, and also sometimes suffer from anxiety. I don't know if the latter is actually related to the IEs in anyway,
    but I'm mindful that the former might impact my own understanding of how the IEs relate to myself, if that makes sense.

    Any, here are my answers to the questionnaire below.



    What is beauty?
    I think beauty is kind of a subjective thing, but when I hear the term I typically think of physical beauty, though not always in the sense of people (ie. this person is beautiful, etc.). Things like sunrays peeking through on a cloudy day, gazing in awe at an extravagant house that I will never be able to own, a warm smile that is meaningful and sincere.


    What are your most important values?

    Kindness, sensibility, patience, stability, integrity, humility. I don't necessarily have all of these values, but they are ones that I aspire to.


    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs?

    Daoism, I guess. Not a strict adherent to it, but I have a lot of respect for what it promotes.


    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?



    I wait for the day when they're no longer a reality. Power doesn't mean much to me, at least I don't treat it as something to value itself.



    What have you had long conversations about?

    Often if I have long conversations, they will be with friends or family. Most of the time it will be about something that interests me, or at least brings me a closer connection to the person
    in question. So I don't really have a huge amount to say on that.



    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic?

    Mm, not particularly. I don't really discuss it much unless necessary, or as part of a larger conversation.



    What do you think of daily chores?

    Well I don't like them, but they gotta be done sometimes, right? I can at least be inside my own head and think about things while I do them, and I feel a kind of satisfaction when I do them well.


    Books or films you liked?

    Typically science-fiction or fantasy stuff, and super-hero movies. I kind of feel a bit hesitant to say any particular ones here, though, in case I get ridiculed for them or something, haha.


    What has made me cry?

    Situations that made me feel like I was useless or had little worth. Those are the ones that make it difficult to not be emotional. But
    I tend to avoid crying unless I feel like I'm in a safe place to do so, I don't want to be seen doing it in public.



    What has made me smile?

    Baby animals, our cats greeting me when I get home from work, appreciating a moment of peace, and just general happiness/joviality.



    Where do I feel at one:

    When I stop and notice that everything is peaceful and harmonious.


    What have people seen as your weaknesses?

    Too easy to pushover, too timid, not thoughtful/considerate enough, not being aware enough of my surroundings.



    What have people seen as your strengths?

    I'm forgiving, understanding of others' faults, gentle/not wanting to cause harm to others, internally brave/perseverant.


    In what areas of your life would you like help?

    Trying to figure out my talents, if I have any, and how to best use them. Wanting to be more useful.


    Ever feel stuck in a rut?

    Yeah, sometimes, kind of like now, haha.
    I play a lot of games in my spare time, and I think about trying something new (crocheting is one), but I feel hesitant about 'taking the plunge'.


    Qualities I like in other people:

    Bravery, composure, generosity, compassion, discipline.


    Qualities I don't like in other people:

    Greed, aggression without good reason, flaunting of status/power, violent.


    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns?

    I would worry that I wouldn't be good enough to raise them, and didn't give them enough attention and love. Most of the time I don't feel that I would be good parent-material.


    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

    I'd be taken aback inside at first, and my first reaction would be to feel disappointed and maybe a tiny bit betrayed. But I wouldn't tell them this directly, I would probably try and
    discuss things with them, and try to at least give them something else to consider.
    Quite often I won't open up to people about my own beliefs for this reason in particular, as I would rather not risk coming under fire if they thought differently.


    Describe your relationship to society.

    I'm kind of an average guy, I guess, trying to get by. Don't have much money and just trying to make ends meet. I would like to be able to contribute to society in some meaningful
    way, but I feel that I don't have the resources or energy to do so.



    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

    If their general beliefs are in-line with mine, and we get along well, then I consider them friends.
    Depending on how close I am, I'll just joke around with them. If they're closer friends, then I'm much more willing to have more meaningful conversations with them.


    How do you behave around strangers?

    I treat them politely and positively, unless I'm in a really bad state of mind. I do my best to be patient with them, and I take into account that even if some people are behavingawfully, there might be some particular reason for it. That being said, I give them space, and I avoid them to prevent conflict.


    Thanks for taking the time to read, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Manatroid92; 10-19-2021 at 12:40 PM.

  2. #2
    EIE Ni H dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    uNdeR yOur SkIn
    TIM
    bNF 641sx/spVELF
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EII or IEI
    maybe IEE
    Last edited by VewyScawwyNawcissist; 10-19-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality
    I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better
    HELLO??? COME BACK!!!!
    i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.



  3. #3
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    EII or IEI
    maybe IEE
    Thanks for the reply.

    I’m thinking that IEE is maybe the least likely out of the other two, as I sort of avoid energy expenditure in an external sense, and a lot of my focus tends to be internal.
    But I could be misunderstanding how extroversion works in socionics, I know that it is definitely different in meaning to MBTI, though.

    EII and IEI are a bit conflicting for me too, though. They both seem to be more ‘people-oriented’ than I would expect myself to be. But I have scored both before on tests (as well as other types, unfortunately, haha).
    How does each of those types typically use their functions in both familiar and unfamiliar social atmospheres?

  4. #4
    EIE Ni H dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    uNdeR yOur SkIn
    TIM
    bNF 641sx/spVELF
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

    I’m thinking that IEE is maybe the least likely out of the other two, as I sort of avoid energy expenditure in an external sense, and a lot of my focus tends to be internal.
    But I could be misunderstanding how extroversion works in socionics, I know that it is definitely different in meaning to MBTI, though.

    EII and IEI are a bit conflicting for me too, though. They both seem to be more ‘people-oriented’ than I would expect myself to be. But I have scored both before on tests (as well as other types, unfortunately, haha).
    How does each of those types typically use their functions in both familiar and unfamiliar social atmospheres?
    i think EII has more of a tendency to be reserved and try to not expose themselves. This is related to Fi Te reputation thing. Te is about formalities and reputation. Fi leading would mean they would need to spend time with someone and get to know them personally and be themselves with them.
    IEIs tend to express more things outwardly in general. Thats Fe and Se. people (SLEs) tend to get attracted by that. since they are Ni leading their expression has a certain elegance. They can be awkward but it can tend to be some kind of awkward in a "cool" way? EIIs tend to die internally more instead. That said IEIs also tend to be more loose with people they consider close.

    Kindness, sensibility, patience, stability, integrity, humility
    this among questions u chose and answered makes me guess u would be rather people oriented.
    hypothetically you could also not necessarily be INF, but say Harmonizing ILI but i really doubt that.
    Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality
    I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better
    HELLO??? COME BACK!!!!
    i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.



  5. #5
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    this among questions u chose and answered makes me guess u would be rather people oriented.
    hypothetically you could also not necessarily be INF, but say Harmonizing ILI but i really doubt that.
    Yeah, I understand what you mean.
    By ‘people-oriented’, I more intended to convey that interacting with people is of a greater focus to those types than, say, focusing on other interests or hobbies that they might have. It’s difficult for me to actually determine that, though, it is more that I’ve seen it mentioned in different sections of socionics (like here, for example) on enough occasions that I assume it’s mostly true.

    But again, I likely don’t have a wide enough perspective or experience.

  6. #6
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    Posts
    1,600
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would possibly say SEI, ESE, or EII.

    You seem to value Si/Ne. I just don't know polr or your dual seeking function as of yet.

  7. #7
    EIE Ni H dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    uNdeR yOur SkIn
    TIM
    bNF 641sx/spVELF
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    Yeah, I understand what you mean.
    By ‘people-oriented’, I more intended to convey that interacting with people is of a greater focus to those types than, say, focusing on other interests or hobbies that they might have. It’s difficult for me to actually determine that, though, it is more that I’ve seen it mentioned in different sections of socionics (like here, for example) on enough occasions that I assume it’s mostly true.

    But again, I likely don’t have a wide enough perspective or experience.
    they are still introverted. maybe if u are ennea 5 EII u would be more solitary for example. if ur autism has related hypersensitivty or social issues that would make u prefer to be alone. then especially if u have had bitter or unfulfilling experiences with other people. It is a stereotype for IEI or EII to move live in some forest far away from everyone else.
    If you are not INF then u are xNTx but least likely seems LIE.. that im sure of.
    Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality
    I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better
    HELLO??? COME BACK!!!!
    i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.



  8. #8
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I would possibly say SEI, ESE, or EII.

    You seem to value Si/Ne. I just don't know polr or your dual seeking function as of yet.
    Hello MissDucki.

    I definitely think my Se and Te are weak, not certain on if either is PolR, though.
    I don’t think Se necessarily would be, as from what I understand that usually manifests as like a sort of ignorance or rejection of power-dynamics? I know there are other traits, but that one seems so stick out the most from what I know.

    Si and Ne valuing is possible, it is difficult to ascertain how much, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    they are still introverted. maybe if u are ennea 5 EII u would be more solitary for example. if ur autism has related hypersensitivty or social issues that would make u prefer to be alone. then especially if u have had bitter or unfulfilling experiences with other people. It is a stereotype for IEI or EII to move live in some forest far away from everyone else.
    If you are not INF then u are xNTx but least likely seems LIE.. that im sure of.
    I have typically gotten E9, E5 and E6 on tests before, usually it is E9 that seems to appear the most (I have tried delving into tri-types before, but I personally haven’t given it much weight in the past, though it’s possible that it could be for this purpose).

    I don’t know if it’s socionics-related or not, but I typically do keep my autistic tendencies ‘in-check’ when interacting socially (try to not fiddle/fidget too much, try to look at who I’m taking to instead of away from them). That is quite possibly from me improving upon it after I was diagnosed, though, so not sure of any connection to socionics there.

    I generally have a positive outlook on people on the whole, I think, and I can’t say I’ve had any real ‘bitter’ experiences more than most. My hesitation, I assume, is normally from being aware of my own disadvantages due to being ‘neurodivergent’, as they say.

  9. #9
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If it helps at all, I could do a VI typing thing, when I get the time to. Which would be the best kind to do, if any?

  10. #10
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey everyone.

    I did a video questionnaire for the purposes of VI typing. I don't know how helpful it'll be, but I'm curious as to what you might think.

    The questionnaire I used is the one created by hotelambush, seen here: hotelambush Questionnaire (the16types.info)

    I wanted to avoid 'practicing' what to say to each of the questions, so I avoided reading through the questionnaire too much before recording, to make it more natural.
    Nevertheless, I apologise if my responses aren't very expansive/thorough.

    Also volume might be low due to recording equipment, so don't hesitate to increase the volume if you feel you need to.

    https://youtu.be/UdXs-fVhwEA

  11. #11
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    15,880
    Mentioned
    1516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Manatroid92, I'm going to guess SEI from VI. However, I'm usually not very good at opposite-quadra typing.

  12. #12
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I forgot to mention earlier, but if anyone has any specific/direct questions that they think might help assist with determining my, type then I'm more than happy to answer those.
    I think that I quite often answer direct/situational questions more clearly than open-ended ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Manatroid92, I'm going to guess SEI from VI. However, I'm usually not very good at opposite-quadra typing.
    Hey @Adam Strange.

    Thanks for the reply? Are there any particular things from VI that you think points to SEI? Or is it more of a 'vibe'?
    Last edited by Manatroid92; 12-20-2021 at 02:02 AM.

  13. #13
    Temporarily unavailable qaz00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Posts
    604
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VI ILE-Ti

  14. #14
    May look like an LSI, but Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    SEA
    TIM
    NH-ILI-Te
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Delta NF, EII/IEE.
    Arthur Schopenhauer (ILI-Ni):

    • “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”


    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (ILI-Te):


    • "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."



  15. #15
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    VI ILE-Ti
    Hey @qaz00.

    Is there anything specific that you think points to ILE-Ti?


    Quote Originally Posted by CecaniahTzu View Post
    Delta NF, EII/IEE.
    @CecaniahTzu Is there anything in particular regarding the VI that makes you think one of those two?

  16. #16
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A couple other thoughts I had throughout today that might give more information to come to a conclusion:

    - I'm not sure if I am Fi-Vulnerable, or if I am necessarily weak in it (may have been improved via upbringing, not sure). I don't know how much I value it specifically, though.

    - I look after my body in a pretty loose way; I don't completely disregard my health, but I also don't do much to really 'improve' it, either, just keep it in a state that I'm relatively comfortable.

    - Related to the above, however: I have a fairly severe anxiety about germs, more specifically about catching, like, a stomach virus. I haven't always had it, because it happened after I got a pretty bad case of
    food poisoning (objectively speaking, it certainly wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it shook me hard). I'd become paranoid about eating out, especially in food courts, and I took to washing my hands profusely. Partly why I had such a nervous reaction is because I had never really been sick for a long time (the worst was probably heat stroke I had one time, and when I got pneumonia), so I think it was a bit of a shock to me.
    I'm over much of that anxiety nowadays, thankfully, but I still wash my hands too much, and the habit had only worsened during the COVID pandemic.

    - Alpha or Delta Quadra seem to 'appeal' to me the most, but I don't know how applicable 'wanting' to be in particular Quadras actually is. Caretaker/Infantile styles seem more applicable to me than the other two

    - My broader family seems to be mostly Alpha/Delta in combination, and I get along well with all of my family members (though I don't necessarily socialize much with them all). I feel fairly close with my immediate family, but
    I don't necessarily communicate much with them unless I'm visiting them in-person (though I worry that I don't have much to talk about sometimes).

    - I've always considered that I was either Se-PoLR or Te-PoLR, mostly the former. However, I think that it's possible that I'm just Se-Ignoring. Sometimes when I get criticized for not showing enough 'force', I kind of feel like I 'could', but can't be
    bothered to, or just not wanting to. I have problems with being practical or proactive in general, but I don't know if this is more Te- or Se-related.

    - I think it's possible I value Fe more than Fi, because while I can have strong opinions about people, I can put them aside to contribute to a more positive atmosphere to 'forget' about it. However, I don't know if this is also something that
    Fi-Lead individuals do, too, I seem to read conflicting information on this issue.

    - I was praised for being 'logical' and 'creative' when I was younger, but I never really felt like I had either of those traits; maybe just an Enneagram 9 thing though, I don't know.

    - I generally like routine, but a comfortable one, not super-regimented. I go to bed looking forward to what I might do the next day, but sometimes I get into a rut/slump.


    I think that's all I can think of for now, I don't mind being asked to expand upon anything if need be.

  17. #17
    May look like an LSI, but Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    SEA
    TIM
    NH-ILI-Te
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    @CecaniahTzu Is there anything in particular regarding the VI that makes you think one of those two?
    Not really except that your peace-loving attitude sounds Delta NF, not sure for the VI, ILE probably doesn't seem to be a bad one, but you are an Ne-ego of course.
    Arthur Schopenhauer (ILI-Ni):

    • “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”


    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (ILI-Te):


    • "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."



  18. #18
    May look like an LSI, but Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    SEA
    TIM
    NH-ILI-Te
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Being practical relates both Si and Te to a certain extent, probably why Delta ST is the most pragmatic ST type by elements alone.
    Arthur Schopenhauer (ILI-Ni):

    • “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”


    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (ILI-Te):


    • "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."



  19. #19
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CecaniahTzu View Post
    Being practical relates both Si and Te to a certain extent, probably why Delta ST is the most pragmatic ST type by elements alone.
    Yeah, I'm not a very pragmatic/practical person myself. I do respect other people who can demonstrate it, but it's not the most important thing in the world to me, per se.


    Quote Originally Posted by CecaniahTzu View Post
    Not really except that your peace-loving attitude sounds Delta NF, not sure for the VI, ILE probably doesn't seem to be a bad one, but you are an Ne-ego of course.
    Two sources of Ne-ego is pretty comforting to know.

    After looking into it and thinking over it more, I think ILE kind of makes sense.

    I've always though that my Fi was sort of strong, but looking back, I don't always deal well with getting 'closer' to people. I want friendship and relationships, of course, but it's quite difficult for me to express, say, commiseration or certain
    'deep feelings' to others, and I sometimes have a bit of difficult figuring out how I feel about someone, or vice versa. It's not necessarily 'painful' to do so, it's just *hard*, like I feel a lot of internal resistance to be able to do so, and the end result of such expression ends up feeling more insincere.

    This doesn't point to PoLR necessarily, of course, just a likely weakness. However, Ti-base seems kind of not quite like me. I don't feel that my perspective on the world is primarily one of logic or rigidity, and it's possible that I'm just using it creatively.
    I think my own perception of Ne-base individuals was probably an inadvertent exaggeration, possibly due to how other people seem to view them. A lot of stories seem to paint Ne-bases as fundamentally erratic, 'random haha' and just in general difficult to deal with. After ILE was first recommended, I thought it was ridiculous, because I didn't want to 'be' someone like that, but looking at those peoples' experiences objectively, I also can't deny that I have acted like that in the past, and had no idea that others could've viewed me that way, too.

    In a way, I think I was blinded to it because a lot of my friends actually embraced who I was and never criticized me for it. When you don't have people confronting you harshly about the things you've said or how you've acted, you don't really get a great perspective on how those outside of your circle might view you.

    Moreover, I kind of viewed a lot of my past behaviours as merely by-products of autism (which I definitely do have!), but as I've come to learn, neurodivergence does not actually determine what cognitive functions you use.
    So there's that too, I guess.

  20. #20
    May look like an LSI, but Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    SEA
    TIM
    NH-ILI-Te
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hm, LII probably also makes sense.
    Arthur Schopenhauer (ILI-Ni):

    • “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”


    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (ILI-Te):


    • "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."



  21. #21
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CecaniahTzu View Post
    Hm, LII probably also makes sense.
    Yep, that’s a good point.
    It’s why I finally decided to ask for VI, since I figure that it could solidify any potential conclusions.

    There’s also trying to type via Reinin dichotomies, but I know that not everyone uses them.
    That or just deciding on rationality/irrationality, but I hear that those two are probably the most difficult to actually determine.

  22. #22
    May look like an LSI, but Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    SEA
    TIM
    NH-ILI-Te
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmmm, I'd suggest you to define yourself by 2 dichotomies, which are process/result and positive/negative.
    ILE and EII, both are positivist and process, while it's vice versa for LII and IEE. Just to keep in mind that each type has own way to discern the analytical assessment of their perception according to the Ego's elemental functions as well, yet as for the rational vs irrational, it's either "makes sense" or "doesn't make sense" according to the priori/posteriori of causation according to either the reasoning or perceiving of elements in general, which creates the definition of "to know but do" or "to do but know".
    Arthur Schopenhauer (ILI-Ni):

    • “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”


    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (ILI-Te):


    • "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."



  23. #23
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Still having trouble deciding between either ILE or LII (ILE-Ti or LII-Ne, more specifically).
    I had previously been certain on ILE-Ti before, but it is difficult figuring out how weak functions manifest between the two (as far as concerning myself anyway). Subtype descriptions of either seem to describe me (maybe ILE-Ti more so, but not by a huge margin).

    Does anyone know of any other specific behaviours/differences that separate each of the two types?

    Quote Originally Posted by CecaniahTzu View Post
    Hmmm, I'd suggest you to define yourself by 2 dichotomies, which are process/result and positive/negative.
    LIIs are liable to plan out their futures, and ILEs are supposed to be more the 'just wing it' kind of dealILE and EII, both are positivist and process, while it's vice versa for LII and IEE. Just to keep in mind that each type has own way to discern the analytical assessment of their perception according to the Ego's elemental functions as well, yet as for the rational vs irrational, it's either "makes sense" or "doesn't make sense" according to the priori/posteriori of causation according to either the reasoning or perceiving of elements in general, which creates the definition of "to know but do" or "to do but know".
    I think that Positivist and Process suit me more, maybe (it's one of the reasons that I assumed that I was actually EII at one point), but when I think about either trait I feel the need to determine how to compare myself relative to other people (like I can imagine someone being more Negativist than me, but that doesn't mean I'm not a negativist either.

  24. #24
    May look like an LSI, but Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    SEA
    TIM
    NH-ILI-Te
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Consider ILE then.
    Arthur Schopenhauer (ILI-Ni):

    • “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.”


    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel (ILI-Te):


    • "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."



  25. #25
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay, so heavily reconsidering my typing again after some time to be EII-Ne.
    I'd previously sat on LII and ILE for a couple months, but have recently been in a whirlpool of doubt and bouncing between other types too, namely LSI, SEI, ILI and IEI (yes, the whole gamut of Quadras).

    Maaaaybe, IEI as a distant possibility, but I don't think my Ti is so bad as to be PoLR-level of incompetence (though that's something that requires real-life communication with people, I assume).

    Apart from some other things, a thread that made me reconsider my typing is this one. https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ose-of-Ti-role


    As before, any reliable advice is welcome.

  26. #26
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    Okay, so heavily reconsidering my typing again after some time to be EII-Ne.

    I don't know why you think you are Fi ego, I see that people start to get type X type as a first or second post and then everybody starts to type that person that way and hence person naturally start to think like that as well, I think we all fall into this trend when typing ourselves and others.

    But I am sure that you are not Fi ego based on your video.


    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    I'd previously sat on LII and ILE for a couple months, but have recently been in a whirlpool of doubt and bouncing between other types too, namely LSI, SEI, ILI and IEI (yes, the whole gamut of Quadras).
    I think you are LII>ILE based on sources on VI and your formation of speech. They fit to Ti a lot especially. However, I haven't met any alpha NT and I haven't met anyone similar to you. Hence I cannot be certain and your other considerations seem possible.



    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    Maaaaybe, IEI as a distant possibility, but I don't think my Ti is so bad as to be PoLR-level of incompetence (though that's something that requires real-life communication with people, I assume).

    Apart from some other things, a thread that made me reconsider my typing is this one. https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ose-of-Ti-role


    As before, any reliable advice is welcome.
    I don't know what made you reconsider it, but Ti egos can make moral judgement and their moral judgement is generally based on reason instead of a disgust that occurs without them knowing why.

  27. #27
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After reconsideration:

    You seem to get information within which suggests information.

    Te is both unvalued and not used in speech, innotation with suggests Te polr or ignoring.

    Your body language seems N to me. Your speech also seems to be detached I think that is due to high N. After I reconsider I thought your speech more flowing, fluid more than certain hence I thought that might be due to either low T or high N:

    IEI= LII > SEI > LSI

    I added SEI, LSI because some people think touching your self suggests S and you have done that in the video often, however, I don't think that is the case.

  28. #28
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey @myresearch, thanks so much for replying to the thread. I had stopped visiting the forums for a little while, so I'm glad to see there was still some activity in the thread, haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    After reconsideration:

    You seem to get information within which suggests information.

    Te is both unvalued and not used in speech, innotation with suggests Te polr or ignoring.

    Your body language seems N to me. Your speech also seems to be detached I think that is due to high N. After I reconsider I thought your speech more flowing, fluid more than certain hence I thought that might be due to either low T or high N:

    IEI= LII > SEI > LSI

    I added SEI, LSI because some people think touching your self suggests S and you have done that in the video often, however, I don't think that is the case.
    Just wanted to say it's kind of funny that you mention this; at this point in time I feel pretty certain that I might actually be either SEI or IEI, as you suggest (I think Te Vulnerable fits me better than Se Vulnerable does), and that LII and LSI were also what I was considering a while back, too!

    You mentioned that my Te is unvalued and not used in my speech, just wondering what specifically do you mean by that? I don't disagree, I'm just not sure how the lack of Te is reflected in the video.

    I personally feel that SEI suits me better than IEI at this point in time, mostly because I don't really relate to being able to connect future events together as well as (what I understand) Ni-dominant types are able to. I generally feel like I value comfort and sensations more than what a Ni-dom also would (I understand this is likely the Role function coming into play, I'm just trying to make things clear).

    Strangely I do feel like my Ti is 'not good enough' sometimes, this may be indicative of not being a Ti-dom after all and actually being a Pi-type.


    Anyway, I'm looking forward to see your thoughts again!

  29. #29
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kind of a long shot, but I figured I'd post another video in case anyone thinks another VI format is helpful.

    https://youtu.be/S7i1ydmMVEw

    This one is from earlier this year, and was used for typing purposes for a different typology theory (Cognitive Typology/Vultology).
    The questionnaire itself didn't directly related to Jungian functions at all, but might be something useful in the answers I gave.

  30. #30
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Manatroid92 Your speech pattern, body language seems N to me.


    However, I don't think I met anyone like you or watched a typing video of any person that is similar to you. So take what I am saying further with a grain of salt. I think you are Fe/Ti over Fi/Te in terms of VI. Based on content I also dont see much indication of high valued Te.

    So my bet is alpha NT and beta NF because of that, I think you are more introvert than extrovert so I am guessing IEI or LII.

    I am curious about what they think, keep us informed when they get back to you!

  31. #31
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch
    @Manatroid92 Your speech pattern, body language seems N to me.


    However, I don't think I met anyone like you or watched a typing video of any person that is similar to you. So take what I am saying further with a grain of salt. I think you are Fe/Ti over Fi/Te in terms of VI. Based on content I also dont see much indication of high valued Te.

    So my bet is alpha NT and beta NF because of that, I think you are more introvert than extrovert so I am guessing IEI or LII.

    I am curious about what they think, keep us informed when they get back to you!
    Thanks @myresearch !

    I’ll take your words of me being a unique case as a compliment, haha.
    I do think Ti/Fe is most appropriate for me, so I agree with you there.

    Reading through Gulenko’s detailed sociotype descriptions in his book, LII does seem to fit me pretty well, but I am often hesitant about completely cleaving to a type right now until I find enough evidence to be certain. That or if I was typed by G himself, but I unfortunately don’t earn enough money to have disposable income for it.

    The CT Discord channel soft-typed me as Beta, funnily enough. They said Ji was pretty apparent, so TiSe seemed most likely by their estimates. Again though, not an official typing, but it and some other readings into the LSI profiles, did make me think I may be LSI-H for a while.

    Anyway, still kind of keeping my options open a little, but I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts again!

  32. #32
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    Thanks @myresearch !

    I’ll take your words of me being a unique case as a compliment, haha.
    I do think Ti/Fe is most appropriate for me, so I agree with you there.

    Reading through Gulenko’s detailed sociotype descriptions in his book, LII does seem to fit me pretty well, but I am often hesitant about completely cleaving to a type right now until I find enough evidence to be certain. That or if I was typed by G himself, but I unfortunately don’t earn much money to have disposable income for it.

    The CT Discord channel soft-typed me as Beta, funnily enough. They said Ji was pretty apparent, so TiSe seemed most likely by their estimates. Again though, not an official typing, but it and some other readings into the LSI profiles, did make me think I may be LSI-H for a while.

    Anyway, still kind of keeping my options open a little, but I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts again!
    Interesting I am guessing they read "touching your face" indicator of Se shared in their youtube channel.

    For example when I watched SaveYourself's video or Suspiria's or Catalysm's or Varlawend's video, they all seemed similar to you in terms of body language and they are Ni types, but LII has 4D Ni also.

    Apart from that you frowning for example something I again see more with Ti ego types.

    Have you read LSI descriptions on G's book by the way? I think that can help also.

  33. #33
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch
    Interesting I am guessing they read "touching your face" indicator of Se shared in their youtube channel.

    For example when I watched SaveYourself's video or Suspiria's or Catalysm's or Varlawend's video, they all seemed similar to you in terms of body language and they are Ni types, but LII has 4D Ni also.

    Apart from that you frowning for example something I again see more with Ti ego types.

    Have you read LSI descriptions on G's book by the way? I think that can help also.
    I wondered if the face-touching/body awareness had something to do with it, too, but it wasn’t explicitly mentioned in the chat at the time, most of it was expression and eye-toggling that they commented on (though there was debate there, too).

    For the most part I saw very little of G’s LSI profile in myself. The only part of it which really came close is the H-subtype, which kind of makes sense if Harmonisers really do use their PoLR as he had stated another time. Oddly though I can’t pin myself to one single subtype of the LII ones, though C, N and H all seem to have a bit of me in them.

  34. #34
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    I wondered if the face-touching/body awareness had something to do with it, too, but it wasn’t explicitly mentioned in the chat at the time, most of it was expression and eye-toggling that they commented on (though there was debate there, too).

    For the most part I saw very little of G’s LSI profile in myself. The only part of it which really came close is the H-subtype, which kind of makes sense if Harmonisers really do use their PoLR as he had stated another time. Oddly though I can’t pin myself to one single subtype of the LII ones, though C, N and H all seem to have a bit of me in them.
    Now that you mention it, I can LSI H(Fi,Ni) for you. For LII H(Fi,Si). LxI-H and xEI-N can explain the shadow of others.

    There are not so many LII examples except old politicians and dead/ancient people so I don't know the difference much.

    However, I also read both descriptions and I can say LxI's Si seemed similar to me on the book.

    If we disregard, creative, polr, the biggest difference was Fi-, Fi+. It was phrased in a way that LII dont, cant socialize people much if they don't know the person and if the topic is not an interest to them, while LSI can socialize people if they want to.

    Besides that about their N vs S, it is written that LII can separate primary from secondary. When you read this, it may seem like something you can do. But do you actually do this when you are working or do you think you can do all of it without separation?

  35. #35
    EIE Ni H dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    uNdeR yOur SkIn
    TIM
    bNF 641sx/spVELF
    Posts
    2,488
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://ibb.co/sR8b9R8
    U resemble this SEI
    Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality
    I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better
    HELLO??? COME BACK!!!!
    i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.



  36. #36
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch
    Now that you mention it, I can LSI H(Fi,Ni) for you. For LII H(Fi,Si). LxI-H and xEI-N can explain the shadow of others.

    There are not so many LII examples except old politicians and dead/ancient people so I don't know the difference much.

    However, I also read both descriptions and I can say LxI's Si seemed similar to me on the book.

    If we disregard, creative, polr, the biggest difference was Fi-, Fi+. It was phrased in a way that LII dont, cant socialize people much if they don't know the person and if the topic is not an interest to them, while LSI can socialize people if they want to.

    Besides that about their N vs S, it is written that LII can separate primary from secondary. When you read this, it may seem like something you can do. But do you actually do this when you are working or do you think you can do all of it without separation?
    Yeah, Normalising subtype was my assumption in the event that I actually was an IEI.
    I do know that I find socialising difficult with newer people. I’m not suspicious of them per se, and in fact I have a generally positive view on people in general. I think it generally depends on the disposition/mood of the person in question: if they act like they’re happy to see me despite me being a stranger, I’ll be perplexed but more open to talking. But I pretty much never do small talk, generally even with coworkers unless we share an interest (one coworker plays Total War games, for example, and since that’s relatively close to my keener interests, I can talk pretty easily with him on the topic).

    I’ve noticed the “separate primary from secondary” trait is mentioned very often across LII articles through Socionics at large, and I have a vague idea of what it means, but I don’t actually know if I’m confusing it with something else.
    When I’m trying to make a point to someone, I avoid belabouring on the details too much if I think they’re not important to the point I’m trying to make. And I don’t really mean that in a cherry-picking way, like their inconvenient to me, it’s just that I find it kind of stifling to go through the details unless the person in question needs me to, or if I think that they haven’t understood me. Essentially, the ‘point’ is where I’m trying to get to, and the details are kind of in the way *until* they become important to the conversation. There are other times, though, where I *will* just miss the details altogether, in which case…uh, oops.
    That being said, it really sounds like I just described the Result part of the Result-Process dichotomy, so let me know if I’m off-track or not.

  37. #37
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    https://ibb.co/sR8b9R8
    U resemble this SEI
    She looks like a much cooler person than me, will say that much.

  38. #38
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    That being said, it really sounds like I just described the Result part of the Result-Process dichotomy, so let me know if I’m off-track or not.
    It is result Ti, IEE is result type but IEE cannot make such a separation.

  39. #39
    Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    7,632
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI, I'd say.

    Unsure Se all the way. Uncomfortable Si. Fe comes out towards the end of the vid.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    NO Private messages, please. Use Discord instead.

  40. #40
    Manatroid92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    TIM
    INxp
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    It is result Ti, IEE is result type but IEE cannot make such a separation.
    Makes sense. Both LII and IEI are Result-types, though, so the only thing we can probably be certain of is between those two (Benefit relations, no surprise there), and LSI has become less likely (being a Process-type).


    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post
    IEI, I'd say.

    Unsure Se all the way. Uncomfortable Si. Fe comes out towards the end of the vid.
    Is this in the first video or the second video I linked not long ago? Just making sure which one you're looking at.

    For the record, I felt nervous talking about myself in the first video, whereas I felt much more comfortable in the second video.
    Part of the 'Fe' release at the end is because I was relieved/happy that I had finished the video, that and I wanted to end it on a positive note. I don't know if this makes me Fe creative, though, because I've grown up in a pretty Fe-infused environment throughout my life, so it makes sense that I would 'pick it up' as a Fe-valuing type regardless.

    IEI is still in consideration, but I will say that very little of G's descriptions of the type (or even in other bits of Socionics literature) can really apply to myself, negative and or positive traits included; the exception being when those traits overlap somewhat with the LII description as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •