Thread: ADHD vs. Type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ADHD vs. Type?

I am diagnosed with ADHD-C. In my personal case, it manifests as a chronic inability to focus on one thing, impulsivity, constant fidgeting, hyperfixating, a nigh-inability to regulate my emotions, and frequent zoning out in conversation, among other problems.

How do I distinguish my ADHD traits from actual features of my type? You often see people saying things such as "ne-leads are constantly looking for new possibilities and have trouble commiting to one" - I really relate to a lot of things written about ne-types, but is that my actual type or just my disorder? How do I know?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very much like this too. I think it's in an EJ way though, where I engage in highly compulsive activities so idk it could be OCD or both. I avoid psychologists so I've never been diagnosed with anything officially.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cambrian explosion View Post
    I am diagnosed with ADHD-C. In my personal case, it manifests as a chronic inability to focus on one thing, impulsivity, constant fidgeting, hyperfixating, a nigh-inability to regulate my emotions, and frequent zoning out in conversation, among other problems.

How do I distinguish my ADHD traits from actual features of my type? You often see people saying things such as "ne-leads are constantly looking for new possibilities and have trouble commiting to one" - I really relate to a lot of things written about ne-types, but is that my actual type or just my disorder? How do I know?
    Ne Se and Fe correllate with ADD based on intuition. cognition is related to disroders. they are all just labels describing how ur mind works. u are EII or IEE. lots of them have ADD. they are genetically hunters along with LIIs and ILEs.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Extroverts should usually get benefits from stimulants. Introverts should become overwhelmed by stimulants. At least in extrenes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org