Thread: ADHD vs. Type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ADHD vs. Type?

I am diagnosed with ADHD-C. In my personal case, it manifests as a chronic inability to focus on one thing, impulsivity, constant fidgeting, hyperfixating, a nigh-inability to regulate my emotions, and frequent zoning out in conversation, among other problems.

How do I distinguish my ADHD traits from actual features of my type? You often see people saying things such as "ne-leads are constantly looking for new possibilities and have trouble commiting to one" - I really relate to a lot of things written about ne-types, but is that my actual type or just my disorder? How do I know?

The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    TIM
    Just EIE
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very much like this too. I think it's in an EJ way though, where I engage in highly compulsive activities so idk it could be OCD or both. I avoid psychologists so I've never been diagnosed with anything officially.
    “You are the music while the music lasts.”
    ― T.S. Eliot

ENFJ | EIE-Fe-D | 3w2-6w7-9w8 Sx/So | VEFL | Griffindor | Taurus Sun - Taurus Asc - Aquarius Moon | Hanged Man + Empress | Chaotic Neutral | Dolphin

twiggewed, dewusional, entitwed, snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    Kawen IEI Sx4w3 461
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cambrian explosion View Post
    I am diagnosed with ADHD-C. In my personal case, it manifests as a chronic inability to focus on one thing, impulsivity, constant fidgeting, hyperfixating, a nigh-inability to regulate my emotions, and frequent zoning out in conversation, among other problems.

How do I distinguish my ADHD traits from actual features of my type? You often see people saying things such as "ne-leads are constantly looking for new possibilities and have trouble commiting to one" - I really relate to a lot of things written about ne-types, but is that my actual type or just my disorder? How do I know?
    Ne Se and Fe correllate with ADD based on intuition. cognition is related to disroders. they are all just labels describing how ur mind works. u are EII or IEE. lots of them have ADD. they are genetically hunters along with LIIs and ILEs.
    muscle function, cranial plates posture, personality, cognition and mental illness

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

Seed my wickedness Existential Ibuprofen's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE LEVF/#unfit4lyfe
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Extroverts should usually get benefits from stimulants. Introverts should become overwhelmed by stimulants. At least in extrenes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?