Thread: Plastic Surgery

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Plastic Surgery

Have you gotten plastic surgery? Would you get plastic surgery? If you wanted to and could, what would you get? Thoughts?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I would get plastic surgery. But I have thought about getting laser hair removal and hair transplants if I ever lost my hair.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had so much money that getting it was like buying a candy bar then I'm sure the idea would cross my mind, but really I'm pretty happy with how I look for the most part and I don't think the risk of it getting botched would be worth the relatively minor rewards of it working. Most people probably don't even notice the little things I do (e.g. my nose being slightly crooked). I'm certainly not morally opposed to plastic surgery, but I would worry that it might offend my family and would just feel a little bit dishonest changing my appearance in that way. I'm not saying I think it is dishonest. I don't. I just would feel that way if I got it I think
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve never gotten it, no. Idk if I would, but if I did, I’d prob try tweaking my nose a bit. The end of it, to where it isn’t so rounded. But nothing major. I think that it can prob be addictive, though, and if I were to get too much, a bit disconcerting when it comes to my identity and self-image
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never would, because I want my inner transformations of entity and idea space to be the dominant lion king of the jungle.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahem it often seems to not go so well... but i don't know if i only end up randomly seeing before/after pics in which it didn't. i think if i was super well off and this were an option i would probably get help naturally making my body better first... and then after a baseline was established, my facial symmetry is kinda off because of my neurotic chewing on the inside of my mouth but i don't know if this would be how to fix that, if at all...

and like @reverie said people do get addicted to it, it's a quest for perfection and i don't want to end up in that spiral at all and i could say i don't think i would but a lot of ppl don't think some form of addiction can happen to them and it's easy for me to see how things can change in a way in which i get caught in some spider's web i didn't even see (or i did but it was such a safe distance away...). it feels like the brain is eager to get stuck in a new "way of things" and once a certain threshold is surpassed it falls the rest of the way fast, and undoing it is not as easy as doing it in the first place (really it can't be undone, it has to be overridden by something else new).

i would definitely get a lot of hair removed. i really don't like that it's there growwwwing out of me. that it has to be tended to over and over if one is trying to look better. it's a real pain.

the other thing about plastic surgery i don't know is how often is it botched lol. like an unnecessary surgery is kinda automatically not something that appeals to me... so i really probably wouldn't get it. like there are other ways to address one's appearance if one can... so many things i haven't even done. i am just considering it for the sake of it really, like when the answer is no, but you orbit around the edges where any yes might reside.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of this as very different from plastic surgery but both @Eudaimonia and @inumbra have mentioned laser hair removal, which I have gotten. I definitely recommend it if you get sick of shaving. It can take quite a few treatments and is a bit spendy, but the time saved not shaving is worth it I think. I hate shaving
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I was thinking of this as very different from plastic surgery but both @Eudaimonia and @inumbra have mentioned laser hair removal, which I have gotten. I definitely recommend it if you get sick of shaving. It can take quite a few treatments and is a bit spendy, but the time saved not shaving is worth it I think. I hate shaving
    I've been doing an IPL laser at home and it's helping thin out the hair but it's definitely not as powerful as going in to get a real laser treatment! It's just nice having it grow back slower even if it's not completely gone.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    It's interesting we in the US think of plastic surgery as such an Instagram model or Beverly Housewives thing, but I have a friend who lives in the Middle East and she said it's incredibly common there. Almost assumed you'll get it, and at a young age, if you can afford to.
    Yeah, that's the case in quite a lot of Asia, not just the Middle East. It's not as popular in Japan (they're a little too conservative for that here I think), but South Korea for example is obsessed with plastic surgery
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Yeah, that's the case in quite a lot of Asia, not just the Middle East. It's not as popular in Japan (they're a little too conservative for that here I think), but South Korea for example is obsessed with plastic surgery
    K-pop stars come to mind instantly.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched too many episodes of the show Botched & would be afraid. I'd like a boob job though.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone looks off after getting it. it cant be good for ur body. things perceived to need surgery are due to flawed perception. if something's wrong with ur body its due to how u use it and environment surgery creates more problems that are impossible to fix now.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching some clips of some women talking about plastic surgery and I follow a lot of different blogs and stuff in regards to beauty.

the Most „plastic surgery“ I have gotten is laser hair removal. I’m in the middle of it and have 3 treatments left so we shall see how that goes

I don’t think I could get it. I’ve had times where I was stressed about certain areas of my body but, that makes me….me! I think I would look weird if I ever got plastic surgery. Meh, it is was it is~

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's idiocy.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

The only reason I can think of is corrective plastic surgery. Cosmetic? Nty.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger, yes I wanted to get plastic surgery. Now, not at all.

I didn't know laser hair removal was considered as plastic surgery.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penis and testicle reduction.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post

I think @MissDucki has a knife.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    I've been doing an IPL laser at home and it's helping thin out the hair but it's definitely not as powerful as going in to get a real laser treatment! It's just nice having it grow back slower even if it's not completely gone.
    Check this
    http://lasikathome.com/index.html
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Naw

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think @MissDucki has a knife.
    I have always been good with my hands and got A's throughout art class in high school. I can carve you up something nice

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    Technology has really come a long way. What will they think of next?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fortunate in that I don't have any disfigurement that warrants getting plastic surgery. If I had a disfigurement, like a hair lip, I would probably get it. My cousin's first son was born with a hair lip but they did surgery on him as soon as they could and you can't really tell he was born with a hair lip.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would love to have excess skin removed from my tummy, my upper arms, and inner thighs. Perhaps a breast lift, but that makes me nervous.

This is my TMI contribution for the day.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d get some surgery done but don’t want to say what. One of the things I’d like to do is a procedure to remove a few acne scars. I wish I’d cared more about money sooner and saved up to have this done asap. It would be nice when I’m older to fall back on surgery if I’m feeling unhappy with my appearance.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-07-2022 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a hypothetical world where plastic surgery is inexpensive and has no chance of ruining my body/face, I'd go for it. But as things stand, I would not be willing (even as an insanely rich person—I think) to sacrifice insane amounts of money for the sake of my appearance, which is ultimately such a trivial thing. And the idea of a botched surgery is obviously awful, ugh; it would just worsen the sources of my (appearance-related) insecurities rather than making them go away.

And honestly, I'm pretty ok with my features. Once I can get over my excoriation disorder / dermatilomania (and I have been getting better lately! :3), I think I'll be relatively satisfied with how I look. At least for a while, and then I'll probably start to feel insecure again as I age...

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably something subtle like orbital implants or fillers for my undereye bags. As much as I rag on my appearance, I don't think I could stomach looking like a completely different person for the rest of my life
    Last edited by Averroes; 10-01-2022 at 01:33 AM.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two minor things. Other than that, no.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had plastic surgery and would do again. I'd change a few things. Highly worth it. Huge plus plus my confidence, and my health for the rest of my life. I also had major dental orthodontics as a kid and I think that also qualifies. Thank you Mom and Dad. But pure hell for years. One step above medieval torture.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah wouldn't get. Makes people look like fucked up cat-people. EIE Joan Rivers was obsessed with it- further proof that EIEs are evil or maybe she got too addicted it because people treated her too much like an evil jew when I just found her compassionate and funny. She loved the gays too. "When they come here tell them they can sit up in the front." <3

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should never do this to yourself, lose elsewhere potions of the real stations of bliss and love, that a face crank would depart you from suffering, no, never. Please be happy and sweet however your concept art of self beauty seals your eyes on the lofty staircase of grander things than mere silver and gold.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I began to lose my hair in my twenties and by the age of 28-30 my androgenetic alopecia hits its maximal curve i.e. I was bald. I wasn't particularly sad about it, I didn't go to some kind of grieving process although I had to let go of my strange OCD-ish habits with my hair which included a form of Trichotillomania (of all things !) and to complete the picture I was an adult thumb-sucker until recently although some erotic thoughts could trigger that reflex but it's pretty exceptional. I am the kind of person who accepts what can't be changed and adapt to reality updates. I looked at the bright side of the situation and found that not having to go to the hairdresser anymore is at least a relieve in terms of budget and that Investing in a hair clipper was my better option, and so I did. The problem is that I have to shave my head as regularly as I shave my beard and that's inconvenient because I'm lazy and depressed, now I wish ALL my hair stop growing ! I've never considered to treat my baldness and spending money on such things when you're not rich sounds like a carence in terms of life priorities. Some people have a hard time accepting it though..

Dr. Gary Linkov might have an SEI sociotype.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't want to...but if it improves someone's quality of life (where mental health stuff is not compounding it) to where it is decent or good...I can understand

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Plastic surgery is same inadequacy as doing tatoos to "look better".
    Peoples' neuroticism leads them to false tasks, where they spend resources without a use or even get a harm.

girls. leave your body as it is. it's good and mb even best in initial match of traits.
    think as anyone has unique kind of perfectness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want rhinoplasty to fix the left side of my nose, the inside part hangs out a little. Nothing too bad, but my nose also droops a tiny bit, so a tip rotation would be nice if I was going to fix the other thing (not a big deal, but I notice it when I smile and it has always bugged me).

Never did it though. Not a priority. If I get everything else paid for and all my finances completely in order, then I probably will do it.