Thread: Plastic Surgery

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Plastic Surgery

Have you gotten plastic surgery? Would you get plastic surgery? If you wanted to and could, what would you get? Thoughts?

The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    TIM
    Mb IEI
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I would get plastic surgery. But I have thought about getting laser hair removal and hair transplants if I ever lost my hair.
    “You are the music while the music lasts.”
    ― T.S. Eliot

TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had so much money that getting it was like buying a candy bar then I'm sure the idea would cross my mind, but really I'm pretty happy with how I look for the most part and I don't think the risk of it getting botched would be worth the relatively minor rewards of it working. Most people probably don't even notice the little things I do (e.g. my nose being slightly crooked). I'm certainly not morally opposed to plastic surgery, but I would worry that it might offend my family and would just feel a little bit dishonest changing my appearance in that way. I'm not saying I think it is dishonest. I don't. I just would feel that way if I got it I think
    猫が生き甲斐

⊱⋆⊰ child of the corn ⊱⋆⊰ reverie's Avatar
    TIM
    Abby Normal 9w4
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve never gotten it, no. Idk if I would, but if I did, I’d prob try tweaking my nose a bit. The end of it, to where it isn’t so rounded. But nothing major. I think that it can prob be addictive, though, and if I were to get too much, a bit disconcerting when it comes to my identity and self-image
    ·:*¨༺༻¨*:·.𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
    քɨռȶɛʀɛֆȶ
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TopCity JogiLow JoviXD001 BunnyTale 2016-2019 KardashevBunny's Avatar
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle [Part 18] Gerald Robotnik's Last Words!
    TIM
    Germany Brazil 7-1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never would, because I want my inner transformations of entity and idea space to be the dominant lion king of the jungle.
    https://sabrinacasey.webstarts.com/9systemswishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    Kara (the16types.info)
    To graph the functionality of plane after dimension of limitless worlds of miraculous vistas of great penetration shows that curiosity and adventure unveil existences after auroras of sublime and pure oceans of big uproars into the continuum of pleasant groves and paradise fields for seeing Bunny pixel splash the axioms of freedom and signature springs erupt and glide with luminous waves and redirecting shorelines as the most profound consequences of journeying and fabling the numb trance of intense ambitions and extreme goals as the totality and meaning of thought and emotion channels such a long ranging gift of courage and friendship enacts the Millennium of peace
    Pokemon Anime 1997-2002

TIM
    no more
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahem it often seems to not go so well... but i don't know if i only end up randomly seeing before/after pics in which it didn't. i think if i was super well off and this were an option i would probably get help naturally making my body better first... and then after a baseline was established, my facial symmetry is kinda off because of my neurotic chewing on the inside of my mouth but i don't know if this would be how to fix that, if at all...

and like @reverie said people do get addicted to it, it's a quest for perfection and i don't want to end up in that spiral at all and i could say i don't think i would but a lot of ppl don't think some form of addiction can happen to them and it's easy for me to see how things can change in a way in which i get caught in some spider's web i didn't even see (or i did but it was such a safe distance away...). it feels like the brain is eager to get stuck in a new "way of things" and once a certain threshold is surpassed it falls the rest of the way fast, and undoing it is not as easy as doing it in the first place (really it can't be undone, it has to be overridden by something else new).

i would definitely get a lot of hair removed. i really don't like that it's there growwwwing out of me. that it has to be tended to over and over if one is trying to look better. it's a real pain.

the other thing about plastic surgery i don't know is how often is it botched lol. like an unnecessary surgery is kinda automatically not something that appeals to me... so i really probably wouldn't get it. like there are other ways to address one's appearance if one can... so many things i haven't even done. i am just considering it for the sake of it really, like when the answer is no, but you orbit around the edges where any yes might reside.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of this as very different from plastic surgery but both @Eudaimonia and @inumbra have mentioned laser hair removal, which I have gotten. I definitely recommend it if you get sick of shaving. It can take quite a few treatments and is a bit spendy, but the time saved not shaving is worth it I think. I hate shaving
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI Sx/So, VELF
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I was thinking of this as very different from plastic surgery but both @Eudaimonia and @inumbra have mentioned laser hair removal, which I have gotten. I definitely recommend it if you get sick of shaving. It can take quite a few treatments and is a bit spendy, but the time saved not shaving is worth it I think. I hate shaving
    I've been doing an IPL laser at home and it's helping thin out the hair but it's definitely not as powerful as going in to get a real laser treatment! It's just nice having it grow back slower even if it's not completely gone.

Carnivore | Student | Still a hedonist one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm okay looking this average for the rest of my life so no thanks. I think I would rather get a fitness trainer and a dietician with that money.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    It's interesting we in the US think of plastic surgery as such an Instagram model or Beverly Housewives thing, but I have a friend who lives in the Middle East and she said it's incredibly common there. Almost assumed you'll get it, and at a young age, if you can afford to.
    Yeah, that's the case in quite a lot of Asia, not just the Middle East. It's not as popular in Japan (they're a little too conservative for that here I think), but South Korea for example is obsessed with plastic surgery
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI Sx/So, VELF
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Yeah, that's the case in quite a lot of Asia, not just the Middle East. It's not as popular in Japan (they're a little too conservative for that here I think), but South Korea for example is obsessed with plastic surgery
    K-pop stars come to mind instantly.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched too many episodes of the show Botched & would be afraid. I'd like a boob job though.

twiggewed, dewusional, entitwed, snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    Kawen IEI Sx4w3 461
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone looks off after getting it. it cant be good for ur body. things perceived to need surgery are due to flawed perception. if something's wrong with ur body its due to how u use it and environment surgery creates more problems that are impossible to fix now.
    muscle function, cranial plates posture, personality, cognition and mental illness

i'm afraid it will hurt like hell, i am afraid of screaming and i am afraid of crying, i am afraid of forgetting but i'm not afraid of dying.

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching some clips of some women talking about plastic surgery and I follow a lot of different blogs and stuff in regards to beauty.

the Most „plastic surgery“ I have gotten is laser hair removal. I’m in the middle of it and have 3 treatments left so we shall see how that goes

I don’t think I could get it. I’ve had times where I was stressed about certain areas of my body but, that makes me….me! I think I would look weird if I ever got plastic surgery. Meh, it is was it is~

TIM
    SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's idiocy.

YOU MAD, BITCH?
    TIM
    Bonobo Ballsack
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

The only reason I can think of is corrective plastic surgery. Cosmetic? Nty.
    16 TYPES' RESIDENT BONOBO

BATH SALTS;
    ALL I GOT ARE BATH SALTS,
    I GOTTA MAKE SURE THEY DON'T REIKI

TIM
    Thinking
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger, yes I wanted to get plastic surgery. Now, not at all.

I didn't know laser hair removal was considered as plastic surgery.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penis and testicle reduction.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post

I think @MissDucki has a knife.

Seed my wickedness Existential Ibuprofen's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE LEVF/#unfit4lyfe
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    I've been doing an IPL laser at home and it's helping thin out the hair but it's definitely not as powerful as going in to get a real laser treatment! It's just nice having it grow back slower even if it's not completely gone.
    Check this
    http://lasikathome.com/index.html
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Naw
    What good is a book that does not even transport us beyond all books?

~Nietzsche

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think @MissDucki has a knife.
    I have always been good with my hands and got A's throughout art class in high school. I can carve you up something nice

TIM
    IEI Sx/So, VELF
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    Technology has really come a long way. What will they think of next?

TIM
    Te-SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am fortunate in that I don't have any disfigurement that warrants getting plastic surgery. If I had a disfigurement, like a hair lip, I would probably get it. My cousin's first son was born with a hair lip but they did surgery on him as soon as they could and you can't really tell he was born with a hair lip.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would love to have excess skin removed from my tummy, my upper arms, and inner thighs. Perhaps a breast lift, but that makes me nervous.

This is my TMI contribution for the day.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. I have a unique face but only a handful of people have called me ugly so that's good enough.

Carnivore | Student | Still a hedonist one's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care about plastic surgery but seeing that link really makes me want to do lasik in a few years. My eyesight is not perfect anymore, I would do better with eyeglasses but I hate seeing myself wearing eyeglasses so I don't wear mine as much as possible.

Also lol that site is not even secure