Thread: Fe-Ti vs Fi-Te valuing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fe-Ti vs Fi-Te valuing?

This dichotomy is the reason I'm having problems typing myself. I just don't know which of them I value. I went through some descriptions and behaviorally I relate more to "serious" than to "merry" but I'm still unsure because it's as if I value all four judging functions but in different circumstances. (The types I'm considering are IEE, ESE, EII, SEI but I'm open to other suggestions as well)

Fe - I am very capable of being lighthearted and cheering up others/making them laugh and I'm also emotionally expressive. It's pretty easy to influence my values and opinions.

Fi - I have a very strong internal moral compass/I feel whether someone or something is good or bad strongly. I want to have stable relationships and I am sensitive to people's individual feeling needs, i. e. what's acceptable and what offends them. I also probably care more about individuals than groups. I become attached to/infatuated with people very easily.

Te - I mainly use facts when reasoning and arguing. I am quick to judge people on disregarding what is objectively true and I love to correct others (I see how this could be ti).
    Tx. (? ) - I love explaining and learning how things work

Ti - I like to understand things before I apply them. I also am interested in stuff such as formal logic and philosophy. I can argue and understand causal reasoning pretty well but I wouldn't call it my strongest area as I'm too scattered to check everything I say for consistency.
    My interests also don't really have a practical application and are mostly theoretical (linguistics, history, literature, etc. )

Maybe I don't understand the IMEs correctly?
    Last edited by d8didiswi; 10-10-2021 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added explanation

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds IEE at first glance to me. As an IEE you'll have strong Fe - it's your demonstrative. Your Fi description sounds more like creative Fi than lead or demo; particularly "I get attached/infatuated with people easily." And the way you talk about Te/Ti is consistent with what I've seen in other IEEs - especially being interested in formal logic and philosophy. I've seen both delta and beta NFs involved in those, but can't think of any alpha SFs who were (doesn't mean it's not possible ofc, just sharing my experience)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Would you say an IEE could be aware of their sensations and be able to remember them vividly or does that point towards having stronger si? I remember many associated sensations just by smelling or tasting something. Idk if this is a type thing or just a human thing.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cambrian explosion View Post
    Thanks! Would you say an IEE could be aware of their sensations and be able to remember them vividly or does that point towards having stronger si? I remember many associated sensations just by smelling or tasting something. Idk if this is a type thing or just a human thing.
    Well, you'd have to ask IEEs I suppose. I'm inclined to think it's a human thing, but I also have a tendency to think that if I can do something, everyone else can too, so I'm not the best source on that. I don't know what their experience with that is, if they have any issues or unique perspectives there or not.