Thread: Long hair on men Y or N?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Long hair on men Y or N?

What do you think about long hair on men? Does it look weird or is it attractive?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love seeing men with long hair, I think it's attractive.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How do you define long hair?

I mean I let my hair grow and I have around 2 cuts in a year. Obviously it is not LONG.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it short personally. I like medium length curly hair on men but I don’t want to see a man bun. No man buns!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long Hair should be REQUIRED on men, and top scientists should shelve epidemic-curbing research in order to cure hair loss.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had long hair when I wasn't ready for Prime Time.

https://i.imgur.com/y2i3xXh.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/uUdZtoL.jpg

After I started figuring out that I wanted a solid place in the world, I cut my hair shorter.

https://i.imgur.com/JmA2tx8.jpg

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on the person…if it suits them. Some people can pull it off and some can’t so well imo
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    How do you define long hair?

I mean at least long enough to touch your shoulders.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's good if it comes with a beard.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I had long hair when I wasn't ready for Prime Time.

https://i.imgur.com/y2i3xXh.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/uUdZtoL.jpg

After I started figuring out that I wanted a solid place in the world, I cut my hair shorter.

https://i.imgur.com/JmA2tx8.jpg
    short hair looks better on young bill gates

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are into an androgynous or barbaric look, it might look good. I had it in my early twenties when I was a sort of a vampire during some time. Attracted lots of chicks.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I associate long hair on men with being obnoxious, but without those associations, I guess it doesn't matter at all to me.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These setups for party and veils of polymath rising steeds to the destiny stars seem so confusing and queer, like the shadow of painting the human rainbow is flapping into telephone wires.

I find my tastes much easier to read in video games, where blowing off restrictions and smiting arsenals of onslaught nifty crosshairs of flinging the mobile destruction engine get me exhilarated.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Depends on if they can pull it off or not.

If you're Jason Momoa, or Chris Hemsworth sure but Billy from Accounting? Prolly not.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Depends on if they can pull it off or not.

If you're Jason Momoa, or Chris Hemsworth sure but Billy from Accounting? Prolly not.
    Momoa and Hemsworth are just gorgeous regardless of what they do lol

I don't know, personally I think Billy from accounting could use a bit of... character. He's a bit boring otherwise, but slap some long luscious locks on that boy, and BOOM. Character. Suddenly he looks like he might play D&D on the weekends. I might actually go over and talk to him now lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it matters not a'tall. but i can be scared of some hairstyles like mine right now (t'was all chopped off, irrecoverable!) or... a mullet?

i mean i like when ppl are true to their self-expression...

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I will speak of a practical reason why a man should have long hair besides being metal and attractive to many a woman I've encountered. Long hair saves on sunscreen to be sure, but it does increase the cost of shampoo somewhat in return.

However, getting sunburns increases the odds of skin cancer whereas nobody has ever had to go to the hospital because of a lack of shampoo. So I'd say the extra few bucks a month and the extra few minutes in the shower is worth a foolproof way of avoiding sunburns and by extension skin cancer on the back of your neck .

Plus if we're being serious that's just about the worst place to get it. If you get cancer there it doesn't need to travel far to metastasize in your spine. Yeah, if that happens you're pretty much fucked. Lesson of the day: don't knock the dude rocking a pony tail or anything like that.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a purely aesthetic POV I agree with those who have said it depends on whether they can pull it off. Some guys look better with long hair imo but it's not common. That aside, I prefer short hair on my romantic partners.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we’re talking down the back, I could take it or leave it. But neck-to-shoulder length is one of the few features that stick out to me in terms of attractiveness.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I guess that means more protection but if anything SPF50 sunscreen can do the work just fine lol. Having long hair is negligible to the whole thing. Also if they put it on ponytail then the skin is still exposed lmao
    I put mine up in a ponytail every day and I've yet to experience a sunburn upon the back of the neck. I think I know how and why that might be a bad idea but that involves multiple bands and/or ponytails and I don't think any normal straight man employs those...

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    If we’re talking down the back, I could take it or leave it. But neck-to-shoulder length is one of the few features that stick out to me in terms of attractiveness.
    That's about as long as mine is and it serves both purposes. Keeps me from getting sunburnt and has served to draw women towards me. Sadly I was all too dismissive of their attempts to get to know me for the reason I've been harping on so hard. Though they weren't exactly HB6-7 either so even if I did lack such issues I may have faked them there.

Then again them going on the "offensive" in an overt fashion while sober would have really turned me on and only one of them did that and...

Ahem, not sharing that story out in public but I am an ILI and I did encounter one very "aggressive" woman in my past. Like, SEE/SLE I am certain. Tragedy: We were both still quite and very broken and it would be over a decade before I discovered that final truth and managed to connect all the dots my told me were there. We drifted apart soon after and I was left utterly confused as to why. Now I know why and it really is a tragedy. Could/would have become partners in marriage, but that would have been in an ideal world and this one is just about to go into dystopia if something doesn't change hard and fast!

I didn't even know of the concept of attachment issues or socionics back then, but I do now. If only I knew then what I know now I could have made a family out of that. Sadly that is now an eternal "what if" as it were...

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step 1: Find a haircut that specifically suits you

Step two: make sure that when it grows, it grows well and doesn't get too ugly

Step three: You no longer have to cut your hair every one of two months, if the average haircut is 10$ and you go to the hairdresser once every six months you'll save 50$ to spend on other things, all the while looking good

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks good on some, but i prefer hair on the shorter side.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking rapturous and flowing with honey and blossoms counsels with the ace of the kingship royal wear and Sunday trance for catapulted meat balls and spaghetti of long strands is how your hair should be, like, totally, right. I guess. I think. Maybe.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it smells good

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just need more a half year and my hair would be as long as I need to have a ponytail.

Should I let it grow as long as that fucking Griffith?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I usually think it looks weird/unattractive but depends. It can be beautiful and Fabio-like or creepy and serial killer-ish. In general though I like longer hair on women and shorter hair on men. Unless it's a lesbian. Super curly hair on guys is also a turn-off for me unless its like idk slightly curly at the top sort of thing ((hard to fully explain what I mean...)) then that has the opposite effect and I like that lol. I'm not sure it even matters that much to me unless it's so bad that it's noticeable type of thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a certain age their long hair has the tendency to become foul and vomit-inducing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still hot.

The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the curtains hair style, that’s really popular with young men in the UK right now. Brown over blonde

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesssssssssssssssssss
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I find long hair stressful, they end up everywhere.
    I guess that means no, applies to women too.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Most guys would probably look better with longer hair than they have but they cut it short so they don't have to take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I like it short personally. I like medium length curly hair on men but I don’t want to see a man bun. No man buns!!!
    That being said, I don't like man buns either. Men should let it flow down or get a ponytail, braids, or dreads, like a rock star, Viking, or @Sir Isaac Newton. I don't care if you're Japanese and you want to be a samurai, I don't think buns and topknots look good on women either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Long Hair should be REQUIRED on men, and top scientists should shelve epidemic-curbing research in order to cure hair loss.
    Speaking of @Sir Isaac Newton, you're a scientist, right?

TIM
    IEI-H 4w5 496 sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell yes. Gimme that hairy ass. Oh wait we're talking about head hair, well that's fine too!

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like short hair on men. I think my ideal would be a standard short cut that isn't too short. I think that I also sometimes like medium hair cuts, depending on the man and their facial hair.

I'm generally pretty convinced that I can get used to how guys look, provided they're interesting in some other way. I think this especially if they have one attribute that doesn't look great to me, but have others that do.
    Last edited by Clarke; 10-27-2022 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Updating hair preferences.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by born2simp View Post
    If it smells good
    Would you go for like an axe body spray smell, or a fruity shampoo smell? Or maybe a sweat based smell, you could sniff it and let your imagination take over.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in cultures where short hair is more normal for men it's probably somewhat more common for irrationals, same with casual clothing
    irrational women may be more attracted to stuff like that, too

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like both short and long depends on general style, appearance of the person. Not one model fits all case.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I like both short and long depends on general style, appearance of the person. Not one model fits all case.
    Some sites say that haircuts should fit the person's face shape. I think there's information about this on both males and females.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    in cultures where short hair is more normal for men it's probably somewhat more common for irrationals, same with casual clothing
    irrational women may be more attracted to stuff like that, too
    So basically

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Most guys would probably look better with longer hair than they have but they cut it short so they don't have to take care of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast