Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Figure out my type...if you can >:P

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Figure out my type...if you can >:P

Anyone up for a challenge? I know my type but I'm a rather complex person. I won't fill out any questionnaires, so type me based on what you see from me on the forums. If it seems too hard for people in general I'll add a questionnaire.

Hint: You won't figure it out if you stereotype.

So...what type am I?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One quick search through your post history reveals that you typed yourself INTP at your presentation. That most probably could mean in socionics LII or ILI. Since you seem motivated to defend the ILI type in the not narcissists thread, and you seem to have good grasp of facts and good common sense usage, I would say you are gamma.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh I have automatically assumed you are ESI just by reading your posts and your profile pic. I looked back over some of your posts on here and I'm still thinking ESI. ILI could be possible. I'm getting gamma vibes though.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Fire View Post
    Anyone up for a challenge? I know my type but I'm a rather complex person. I won't fill out any questionnaires, so type me based on what you see from me on the forums. If it seems too hard for people in general I'll add a questionnaire.

So...what type am I?
    Lactating sperm whale?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...what type am I?

How do you expect to anyone to accurately type you if you refuse to give any information? Are you trolling or what?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hardR View Post
    How do you expect to anyone to accurately type you if you refuse to give any information? Are you trolling or what?
    Interactions, posts. I'll add a questionnaire if it's too tall of an order. I just want to see what people come up with, with as little bias from me as possible.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    Lactating sperm whale?
    GODDAMN IT MAN, SHHH DON'T GIVE OUT THE ANSWER SO EARLY ;~;

Banned
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interactions, posts. I'll add a questionnaire if it's too tall of an order. I just want to see what people come up with, with as little bias from me as possible.
    I see, I'm new to the forum so I will look out for your posts.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could also be LSE or SLI.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aiight...I'll write up a questionnaire once I get some time I suppose.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love all your avatars

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you an E3?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    are you an E3?
    Nope ^^ Why?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i love all your avatars
    Thank you I'm so obsessed with aesthetics. I just finished setting up my Discord appearances today, too, so I'm all hyped.

Screenshot_8.png

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    That was the last thing I typed as, actually, which I still think is wrong. Those questions are rather bad though imo.

I agree that you come off as gamma. Id go with SEE, your Se looks higher than ILI and your Fi is okay.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm sliiiiightly, just ever so, wondering about LSI...

ETA next day: i'm now thinking ESI maybe...
    Last edited by marooned; 10-10-2021 at 02:45 AM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxE
    EDIT:
    in case its a type reveal

but as an ESI/4D Fi
    yOu WonT FiguRe iT OuT If YoU sTerEOtyPe
    Last edited by VewyScawwyNawcissist; 10-12-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta or Gamma sensor & I also sense some intuitive neediness, so maybe sensor dominant(thus either SLI or SEE) & I get sx/so vibes from the pics

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll still write up a questionnaire for those who would like to type me themselves or understand why I type as such. I'm open to hearing the opinions of those who may disagree with my now-revealed ESI typing as well.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    yOu WonT FiguRe iT OuT If YoU sTerEOtyPe
    I have no idea what you're implying by saying this, but ESI's are stereotypically morally self-righteous and highly judgmental, neither of which are applicable to me. I'm probably also more logical reasoning-centric than ethics stereotypes in general, despite being human/relationship focused overall. It seems as though there is some sort of stereotype floating around that Fi base types revolve around subjective values that make no logical sense and are often unfair expectations, which would also be untrue of me. Whatever “values” I uphold are founded upon logical reasoning, cause and effect, etc. It's difficult to even imagine myself as a value-oriented person because to me, it just seems like doing math with human behaviors/psychological components rather than numbers.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCENARIO 1: FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE
    Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

1) Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?
    Ok, first of all, I was able to imagine myself in these shoes well, since I'm in a relationship with someone I've been close to for a few years and we've talked about marriage. I was imagining it as though it was taking place as I was reading.

I knew before reading the "you talked to family" part that something was off with them. (I would've talked to family as a result of my calling them, not vice-versa, btw...I wouldn't wait for that.) I had already shifted from pain to a warm and caring concern, knowing not to take it personally, because it was just some emotional thing and not necessarily permanent, something was just wrong. I was concerned and sort of..."locked on," knowing I needed to push to get to the bottom of things and try to help them. Feelings don't just switch off that way, and someone doesn't just change that dramatically for no serious reason. They also don't fake all of that only to put an abrupt end to it all. No agenda? No explanation? Nah. That's too weird. Something happened. The first possibility that crossed my mind was that they felt fear/anxiety about getting married and they were getting cold feet, perhaps. All of that went through my head before I reached the line about the parents. Once I read that part, I was like ding! makes sense now.

2) In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
    Them and their well-being. I'd forget about my own self and focus on them, deal with my own feelings about everything later. Help them sort things out, "close the distance" by pushing (via warmth and gentleness) for them to let me be there, let them know it's okay. I'd be focused on being there for them...they may be pushing away, but they actually need that now more than ever. Basically, I wouldn't let them push me away so easily. How could I just abandon them in their time of need that way? I'd try to focus on us both getting the most out of whatever life we have left together. I'd focus on whatever it is they want to do before they die. I'd focus on trying to help them to enjoy the last of their time as much as possible. I'd be more selective about fights; tolerant, enduring, just letting things go more, seeing them as not mattering as much. Things like improvement, compromise, and work on the relationship would be less important than the joy we have during the last of our time. I'd try to focus on the present moment (as in, whatever lifespan is left) and not get too emotional, try to just create happier experiences and allow myself to grieve once they're gone, in order to create better experiences for both of us. Their last times on earth shouldn't be so depressing and I want those memories to look back on. I'd also become more protective over them, shielding them from others giving them hell or anything like that, minimizing what they have on their plate to deal with, things like that. Basically, it'd be about making their last days as comfortable, enjoyable, meaningful, and stress-free as possible. Usually I am more challenging than comforting, but in that situation the needs are different. What are they even going to be motivated to accomplish X for? Come on. They're going through deeply emotionally difficult times, they're going to be too depressed to be motivated probably, and their life is about to be over so they'll probably wonder what it's even all for. It's not only no longer a priority, but it's also just sort of cold and pointless, and adding unnecessary stress, at that point.

The meme version:
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-28-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to post more stuff, but I don't have the time or attention span to do it all at once.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?
    Ok, first of all, I was able to imagine myself in these shoes well, since I'm in a relationship with someone I've been close to for a few years and we've been talking about marriage. I was imagining it as though it was taking place as I was reading.

I knew before reading the "you talked to family" part that something was off with them. (I would've talked to family as a result of my calling them, not vice-versa, btw...I wouldn't wait for that.) I had already shifted from pain to a warm and caring concern, knowing not to take it personally, because it was just some emotional thing and not necessarily permanent, something was just wrong. I was concerned and sort of..."locked on," knowing I needed to push to get to the bottom of things and try to help them. Feelings don't just switch off that way, and someone doesn't just change that dramatically for no serious reason. They also don't fake all of that only to put an abrupt end to it all. No agenda? No explanation? Nah. That's too weird. Something happened. The first possibility that crossed my mind was that they felt fear/anxiety about getting married and they were getting cold feet, perhaps. All of that went through my head before I reached the line about the parents. Once I read that part, I was like ding! makes sense now.
    I could've used a lot of better words than "locked on"...motivated, determined, passionately driven, and focused would've all been better. I go into a tunnel vision mode when someone I care for has some sort of need or dynamic like this. Even I myself/my own feelings don't really exist.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys want to know from me? Anything? Willing to answer some questions, maybe clear some things up or whatever. Or ask questions to challenge some way I type, perhaps?

Unless you're Serenaeva not you, dear.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Tbh I have automatically assumed you are ESI just by reading your posts and your profile pic. I looked back over some of your posts on here and I'm still thinking ESI. ILI could be possible. I'm getting gamma vibes though.
    This guy right here has some friggn typology laser eyes

Seriously, that actually kind of impressed me. You caught on quick.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Lady Lunacik

"ESI-Se ✰ ISFP"
    ISFP is possible. ESI is much doubtful.

I recommend to make a videointerview.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Lady Lunacik

"ESI-Se ✰ ISFP"
    ISFP is possible. ESI is much doubtful.

I recommend to make a videointerview.
    Lol, so you disliked that I disagreed with what you said and decided to respond by attacking my type (as though it matters) rather than actually disproving anything I said. Typical internet juvenile.

Nice try, but I don't actually take typology or your ulterior motive loaded opinion of my type seriously.

Targeting type is desperate, even for an ad-hominem. Now you've gone and put yourself into an idiotic situation in which not only can you not make solid points about what I disagreed with you on originally, but now you also can't make solid points for why I'm some other type. It's just sad.

Such is the nature of human ego.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 01-27-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thread Repurposed: my typology blog

Now that the Socionics cat is out of the bag, I guess I'll use this thread for informative type related blogging/journaling.

I've mentioned relating to 8 several times, but haven't explained how or why. Well, this thread is about to be repurposed for explaining that. I will also dive into whatever experience based general typology insights or curiosities I have here.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default E8's relationship to manipulation

I'm not going to ramble about my story, but I will say one thing that I always find interesting in terms of how it can relate to typology.

As a younger kid, I had abuse coming at me from home and bullying coming at me from school simultaneously, no one had my back, I had to fend for myself in a cruel/fucked up world. That caused me to snap so that I changed my style of dress; the way I carried myself; the look on my face...not really resting bitch face, more like resting angry face; became less agreeable/more confrontational, rebellious, and fierce; much angrier; stopped trying to fit in and started rejecting everyone; showed off in some ways that made me seem more intimidating. I was sick of all the bullshit and I wanted everyone to know it. My entire presence basically screamed, "either back the fuck off or I will mercilessly fuck you up."

Now, the part of this I think is interesting, is that it was when people changed the style of bullying they did. It became more indirect and manipulative. People were trying to get me into trouble with authorities at school, playing the sweet innocent victim facade card to get me kicked out of places, etc. I remember when I broke up with my first girlfriend (I'm bisexual) because she flashed her breasts to some guys while we were outside in an after school program. In retaliation for it, she cut herself and then said I told her to/made her do it. Since I had this whole “badass” look to me now, I was kicked out. That was not the only instance in which I was fucked over that way by someone. Everything people tried with me in my life from then on was manipulation like this. I began guarding more and more against manipulation. I felt more vulnerable to it than physical confrontation - that was no problem for me, and I defended people from bullies via physical confrontation. I sometimes took bullied kids under my wing and was protective over them long-term, for more than a year. I feared no one. People obviously knew that and saw manipulation as a way around my defenses. Since I had poor people skills, I struggled to build my defenses against it at first, and was genuinely vulnerable to it. I faced it at home from my mother, also. I still to this day feel uncomfortable/in a state of unrest with any home, vehicle, or other need that is not under my ownership, my name, because of those experiences. I want to hold the cards in order to prevent anyone else from doing so in a way that allows them to use them against me.

So...I don't type as E8 because I don't relate well to any Enneagram type strongly enough to have it a core one, but in Enneagram 8s, is it the appearance of invulnerability that inclines others to use manipulative approaches more often? If they appeared harmless, would they have fewer encounters with manipulation?
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 02-25-2022 at 04:04 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lunacik View Post
    I'm not going to ramble about my story, but I will say one thing that I always find interesting in terms of how it can relate to typology.

As a younger kid, I had abuse coming at me from home and bullying coming at me from school simultaneously, no one had my back, I had to fend for myself in a cruel/fucked up world. That caused me to snap so that I changed my style of dress; the way I carried myself; the look on my face...not really resting bitch face, more like resting angry face; became less agreeable/more confrontational, rebellious, and fierce; much angrier; stopped trying to fit in and started rejecting everyone; showed off in some ways that made me seem more intimidating. I was sick of all the bullshit and I wanted everyone to know it. My entire presence basically screamed, "either back the fuck off or I will mercilessly fuck you up."

Now, the part of this I think is interesting, is that it was when people changed the style of bullying they did. It became more indirect and manipulative. People were trying to get me into trouble with authorities at school, playing the sweet innocent victim facade card to get me kicked out of places, etc. I remember when I broke up with my first girlfriend (I'm bisexual) because she flashed her breasts to some guys while we were outside in an after school program. In retaliation for it, she cut herself and then said I told her to/made her do it. Since I had this whole “badass” look to me now, I was kicked out. That was not the only instance in which I was fucked over that way by someone. Everything people tried with me in my life from then on was manipulation like this. I began guarding more and more against manipulation. I felt more vulnerable to it than physical confrontation - that was no problem for me, and I defended people from bullies via physical confrontation. I sometimes took bullied kids under my wing and was protective over them long-term, for more than a year. I feared no one. People obviously knew that and saw manipulation as a way around my defenses. Since I had poor people skills, I struggled to build my defenses against it at first, and was genuinely vulnerable to it. I faced it at home from my mother, also. I still to this day feel uncomfortable/in a state of unrest with any home, vehicle, or other need that is not under my ownership, my name, because of those experiences. I want to hold the cards in order to prevent anyone else from doing so in a way that allows them to use them against me.

So...I don't type as E8 because I don't relate well to any Enneagram type strongly enough to have it a core one, but in Enneagram 8s, is it the appearance of invulnerability...
    I'm an e8, and when I was a kid, I wanted to be Superman because he was invulnerable and Batman because he was a smart detective. So, yes, e8s probably can project an aura of invulnerability, because we just do not want to be controlled, pushed, or tested.

... that inclines others to use manipulative approaches more often? If they appeared harmless, would they have fewer encounters with manipulation?
    I don't think that a person's enneatype directly inspires others towards manipulative approaches. I think that everyone tries to get what they want, and there are only three ways to do that.

1. Ask for what you want.
    2. Trick someone into giving you what you want.
    3. Use force to get what you want.

Which approach is used probably depends on the characters of the two people, but I don't think that #2 manipulation is guaranteed.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why I don't type as counterphobic 6

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but there are a lot of ways I relate much more to 8 than 6.

• I don't relate to the fearfulness. In situations you'd expect someone to feel fear, I usually instead feel nothing but raw, visceral, passionate anger. The first example that comes to mind is that when I was 14, I was a runaway living on the streets to escape home, and I was almost abducted. As he approached me, his words made his intentions clear, and I felt 0 fear...only rage. I stood up to him and I was ready to kill if necessary. A car pulled up, shining their headlights on us, and he left.

• I relate more to the gut triad than the head triad overall...the way it talks about taking up your own space, etc.

• I've always been fiercely protective. I was the only one in my family who stood up to my abusive father; I was always taking bullied kids/those who were more vulnerable under my wing; I still take people under my wing when they are naive and being manipulated in a relationship.

• I have a thing about innocence. I feel rage in response to cruelty, and I am capable of becoming very sadistic toward those who are cruel, especially toward the innocent and defenseless, such as animals and children. That side of me only comes out in extremes: raping kids, killing puppies by stepping on them with high heels, things that are just downright evil. I always have thoughts of giving them a taste of their own medicine and implementing vengeance for justice (prior to then doing worse to them than what they've done). When someone fucks with innocent babies (animals, children), momma bear comes out and I have the capacity to actually enjoy implementing sadistic justice due to my rage toward them.

• I'm always restless when I don't have control. I am not controlling, but I have learned to position myself to have it for my own safety, stability, and security. I've dealt with a lot of manipulative people throughout my life. Before I even take one step into a living arrangement in which my name is not the one on the paper, I'm restless and looking for a way out into something that is within my own control. Trust is irrelevant, I simply want things in my own hands.

• I loathe a victim mindset, and I have low tolerance for weakness that is within peoples' own hands to resolve, fix, overcome, or conquer.

• I am energized by opposition/challenges. The harder things/people come at me, the more determined I become.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don't think that a person's enneatype directly inspires others towards manipulative approaches. I think that everyone tries to get what they want, and there are only three ways to do that.

1. Ask for what you want.
    2. Trick someone into giving you what you want.
    3. Use force to get what you want.

Which approach is used probably depends on the characters of the two people, but I don't think that #2 manipulation is guaranteed.
    Yeah, but the point I'm making is that, theoretically speaking...with E8, people might see that they can't get away with option 3, thus resort to 2 more. With others besides the 8, that same person might usually use 3, but because of the 8's nature, resort to 2. That is what I wonder.

The alternative theory is that, perhaps, the tendency to appear to be more threatening might result in others having a more frequent provocation to respond to the perceived threat.

Of course, it could be that neither are valid, but it would also make sense if they were.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoE be like...

Me when I was homeless:
    "I'm fine, this is no problem. It's not even a big deal to me. I don't even get anxiety about it anymore. I just go into survival mode and do what I have to do to get through it."

Also me: has high blood pressure at only age 30.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Every time I read your posts I feel such a weird mix of admiration and horror. I still can't tell if we "get along" lol
    I tend to relate to quite a lot of the things you say you can't stand, but I feel like our relations on the forum are pleasant enough ^^;
    I just read this excerpt and then remembered this post...

I prefer honesty. I don't care if it upsets me. I don't befriend those who aren't brutally honest with me even if it hurts, and I find it patronizing for others to take it upon themselves to decide what they think I can or cannot handle. Even if it's at times masochistic, I NEED to know. It drives me insane not to. Pain is significantly easier for me to process/move on from than an endless sea of questions I will never have the answers to.

All of my friends have that in common: they're blunt, direct, straightforward, and will tell me something even if it's painful to hear. I do get upset sometimes, but so fucking what? Who gives a damn? It'll pass and I'll get over it. At least I can trust you to be honest with me. That is much more important to me.

"I'm not angry (I just don't know my own strength)"
    Holy fuck, this hits home...

why did I ever stop typing as 8 core again???

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://mega.nz/file/4Q8UGbjK#xcZv04...iX1Kpr2bwcQ_Gs

268 Tritype by Katherine Fauvre ^
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 02-28-2022 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS, I feel so called out...

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)