Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we NEED Duality?

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m going to throw my own thoughts in the rings since I started this discussion

In theory, I think duality would be the best romantically. If not romantically, I think the best for a parent/child relationship. But real human experience is way different then theory. In the Sense, just because it is always great in theory, doesn’t mean it is going to work out in real life. Plus, there are a lot of duals you will be incompatible with because of interests, backgrounds, life experiences, etc.

I also honestly believe that some people don’t really need their dual. I think there are some people in this world that don’t like their dual seeking function or appreciate it and don’t want someone like that even if it makes life easier for them. I was honestly like that when I was younger and most people want someone who is similar to them. In the sense, if you have more similar functions or on the same sensing/intuitive axis, it makes it easier to relate.

I also have a lot of friends that are very very different then me and I really appreciate what they bring to the table. They are good at things I will never be good at and vice versa. It doesn’t mean the relationship is any worse. I do think there are some inter type relationships that ARE more beneficial then duals at times. Supervisor can be one and mirage as well.

I think we know ourselves best and we know what kind of relationship is going to be best for us. Friendship wise I will honestly be open with every type. Hell, I’ve had a lot of gamma friends that I care about. (Edit: looking back, this came out wrong. Basically despite being in a conflict quadra, I still have close gamma friends that I care deeply about and get along with. Essentially we have a good relation despite theory). Romantically, I am open to dating types that are not my dual however, I am limiting to LSI, LII, and EIE personally. Though, I would personally prefer a dual, I would not think any less of my partner if I ended up with any of those other types. I know what I need at the least in a partner and I would rather be alone if my partner didn’t have them. But I know I do naturally seek out my dual and need help with it…I know I do personally.

I could most likely be easily friends with an ILE women, I don’t think I could be close friends with an ILE man at all. It would be more of a respect thing then me not being able to control myself lol. I would like a close ILE friend Just I haven’t found someone around me yet that wants to get close.

Also, I survived this long without duality. I know I’ll be fine. Though…I think the right dual would make my life brighter. But the important thing is finding the right one for me. Be that friendship, romantic, or both.

I can get by on my own, but I do think duality would make life nicer but it is not always required thing.
    Last edited by MissDucki; 10-03-2021 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Edit

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I’m going to throw my own thoughts in the rings since I started this discussion

In theory, I think duality would be the best romantically. If not romantically, I think the best for a parent/child relationship. But real human experience is way different then theory. In the Sense, just because it is always great in theory, doesn’t mean it is going to work out in real life. Plus, there are a lot of duals you will be incompatible with because of interests, backgrounds, life experiences, etc.

I also honestly believe that some people don’t really need their dual. I think there are some people in this world that don’t like their dual seeking function or appreciate it and don’t want someone like that even if it makes life easier for them. I was honestly like that when I was younger and most people want someone who is similar to them. In the sense, if you have more similar functions or on the same sensing/intuitive axis, it makes it easier to relate.

I also have a lot of friends that are very very different then me and I really appreciate what they bring to the table. They are good at things I will never be good at and vice versa. It doesn’t mean the relationship is any worse. I do think there are some inter type relationships that ARE more beneficial then duals at times. Supervisor can be one and mirage as well.

I think we know ourselves best and we know what kind of relationship is going to be best for us. Friendship wise I will honestly be open with every type. Hell, I’ve had a lot of gamma friends that I care about. Romantically, I am open to dating types that are not my dual however, I am limiting to LSI, LII, and EIE personally. Though, I would personally prefer a dual, I would not think any less of my partner if I ended up with any of those other types. I know what I need at the least in a partner and I would rather be alone if my partner didn’t have them. But I know I do naturally seek out my dual and need help with it…I know I do personally.

I could most likely be easily friends with an ILE women, I don’t think I could be close friends with an ILE man at all. It would be more of a respect thing then me not being able to control myself lol. I would like a close ILE friend Just I haven’t found someone around me yet that wants to get close.

Also, I survived this long without duality. I know I’ll be fine. Though…I think the right dual would make my life brighter. But the important thing is finding the right one for me. Be that friendship, romantic, or both.

I can get by on my own, but I do think duality would make life nicer but it is not always required thing.
    You're more familiar with yourself than I could ever be. It isn't my deal to advise on life choices anyway.

One of the cooler sh*ts about socionics is it's take on interaction between functions. It buys that irrational/rational might have different vital rhythms while Se/Si are psychologically corrective of one another.

Imo, you have a great relationship with your HA/DS. Folk like you are interesting to talk to cause you're a listener, a contributor to conversation & desire to make the best choices for your life.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    You're more familiar with yourself than I could ever be. It isn't my deal to advise on life choices anyway.

One of the cooler sh*ts about socionics is it's take on interaction between functions. It buys that irrational/rational might have different vital rhythms while Se/Si are psychologically corrective of one another.

Imo, you have a great relationship with your HA/DS. Folk like you are interesting to talk to cause you're a listener, a contributor to conversation & desire to make the best choices for your life.
    Thank you!

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, the most important thing in a relationship is that you love each other. The annoying things about a non-dual won’t seem to matter so much if you genuinely care for each other. If you are content in your relationship you will naturally seek experiences in and outside of your relationship that help you develop/ fulfil the needs of your weaker functions.

edit: ok thinking out loud.. You may even begin to resemble each other’s duals more as you grow as people and strengthen all your functions. Sometimes I read stuff written by smart SEEs and I think wow, why are they not my dual? It’s why they say a good semi-dual is better than a bad dual. (Same could go for other types). Now, I wouldn’t mind an SLE who was a bit ‘broken’ and needed support but if a wonderful SEE came along and instead wanted to ‘help me’ with my past issues..the SEE might seem more appealing. I notice how it’s harder to type older people sometimes and that might be because they’ve become more well-rounded, same goes for privileged celebrities.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 10-03-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Have fun...

Ends up in a scene "saving damsel in distress" (SLE-IEI)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Duality certainly isn't a key ingredient for a meaningful relationship; most people could survive and some would be happier without a partner of any type. Dual pairs have little in common; many may share common goals but achieve them through entirely different processes. These relationships can take more effort than some others in order to grow accustomed to one another, if at all. A partnership would benefit from dual thought processes and approaches but each partner could easily survive without the other, and such a partnership may offer no benefits whatsoever depending on their personal baggage. Duals don't tend to irritate each other as much over the long haul although they will indeed irritate. The differences in the potentials for discord are rather insignificant among duality, super-ego, semi-dual, illusionary, comparative and look-alike pairs. I'm only talking statistics here because it's very possible for the other pairs to form peaceful, long-lasting relationships - just not as probable.

a.k.a. I/O

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think too many people on this site take typology too seriously.

Having said that...I recently realized I'm accidentally in a relationship with my dual. I'm happy.

I would never actually go looking for a peron's type in order to qualify or disqualify them from a relationship though. Once I log off of the forums I generally don't even think much about typology at all. I don't go around typing everyone or whatever.

I can't really wrap my mind around seeking dual partnerships...I've been mistyped for years and I know I'm not the only one. I also had a very rocky start with my dual partner.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When interacting with someone is a pain, no matter how much you love them, it simply is not sustainable.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think something that’s missing from a lot of duality fantasising is that it can be really annoying to carry your dual and their weaknesses. Like I will spend a lot of time considering how what I’m saying / doing affects my LSI’s feelings but in return, he just forces whatever his opinion is (Ti bluntness plus Se assertiveness; plus Ne-Polr meaning he struggles to hold other points of view; plus 1D-Fe meaning he can’t tell how what he says is going to affect me). But I value Fe so this is annoying, and sometimes funny, but often not.

We have similar arguments around him carrying all the Si weight and managing the household because I don’t value that at all. My spatial awareness is so bad I’m a nightmare to live with

so we work as a unit where all bases are covered but that doesn’t mean the individuals don’t get resentful that they are the only ones doing X IM
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaveYourself View Post
    I think something that’s missing from a lot of duality fantasising is that it can be really annoying to carry your dual and their weaknesses. Like I will spend a lot of time considering how what I’m saying / doing affects my LSI’s feelings but in return, he just forces whatever his opinion is (Ti bluntness plus Se assertiveness; plus Ne-Polr meaning he struggles to hold other points of view; plus 1D-Fe meaning he can’t tell how what he says is going to affect me). But I value Fe so this is annoying, and sometimes funny, but often not.

We have similar arguments around him carrying all the Si weight and managing the household because I don’t value that at all. My spatial awareness is so bad I’m a nightmare to live with

so we work as a unit where all bases are covered but that doesn’t mean the individuals don’t get resentful that they are the only ones doing X IM
    "Carry each others faults but get annoyed by it" sounds more like conflictor than dual.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I feel lucky that I have SEE and LSI siblings. I may not have a dual around but it’s nice knowing I have se-types around in my life for good.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Nothing more needs to be said than that.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don’t need a dual, we need a 17th type

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    We don’t need a dual, we need a 17th type
    What would be their IE configuration?

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    What would be their IE configuration?
    IEI SLE Hybrid?

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my SEE sister thinks I’m such a weirdo for talking about duals and type compatibility lol. Ok, she is a very romantic, adventurous SEE and maybe not old enough to worry about life-long compatibility but sometimes I feel like she knows a secret I don’t know and she’s gonna figure out the key to ever-lasting love all on her own whilst having fun along the way..

Also, going home on the tube today I saw the nicest couple looking tired from travelling holding on to each other with their eyes closed the whole way. I looked at them thinking, wonder what types they are. And thought what does it matter, that is love..

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI SLE Hybrid?
    haha yessss. Can we grow one in a lab

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yessss. Can we grow one in a lab
    I think those Boston Dynamics robots are coming along, so It might not be too far away! lol.... I'll guess that's what a lot of ppl would choose? an identical Dual hybrid?... or maybe something else???

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think those Boston Dynamics robots are coming along, so It might not be too far away! lol.... I'll guess that's what a lot of ppl would choose? an identical Dual hybrid?... or maybe something else???
    They have SE covered already

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has started already....

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rtht they are pretty good dancers!! I’d hang out with them!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think my SEE sister thinks I’m such a weirdo for talking about duals and type compatibility lol. Ok, she is a very romantic, adventurous SEE and maybe not old enough to worry about life-long compatibility but sometimes I feel like she knows a secret I don’t know and she’s gonna figure out the key to ever-lasting love all on her own whilst having fun along the way..

Also, going home on the tube today I saw the nicest couple looking tired from travelling holding on to each other with their eyes closed the whole way. I looked at them thinking, wonder what types they are. And thought what does it matter, that is love..
    @Bethany, maybe you can handcuff her to a male LII and lose the key.

If that doesn't convince her of the value of learning Socionics, nothing will.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rtht they are pretty good dancers!! I’d hang out with them!
    Just don't spill your drink on one..... you don't want it to die, and fall on you

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange aww. Well I can slowly teach her over time by referring to examples of good ITR between people we know. But she’s too young and carefree to worry yet. She did say she is becoming more open-minded to a nice boy oops that might end up being an LII

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality is best to learn "how to be yourself" in a world that teaches us to fake our entire personas but if "yourself" is an asshole than it ain't gonna really help. I know some Beta ST jockbros who are very sexist, cringy, harass other people who are usually with Beta NF women who don't really dissuade their disgusting habits and usually encourage it with their submission and degradation kink. Which I'm not necessarily shaming but it's good to have a backbone and not be a pussybitch just because you have a special connection or whatever. Anyway I know more than a few miserable people who want to expel their misery with power games and duality ain't gonna solve whatever's going on there, LOL.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions of need are unanswerable if a goal isn't specified. For example, "Do we need water?" only works as a question because we all assume you mean "Do we need water to live?" It might seem pedantic, but it's important. Do we need duality for... what exactly?

I don't think we need duality to be happy. A lot of people seem to be living perfectly happy lives while single or in a long-term relationship with a nondual (even with a conflictor in some cases). If you're asking if we need it in order to become "whole" then "whole" also needs some kind of definition. Our ideas of what a "whole" psyche look like are very likely going to be different in some ways and similar in others. Even so, I'm doubtful that we need it for that unless you bake "being in a dual relationship" into the definition of being whole. Perhaps the question is about whether we need duality to accomplish some vague psychological work like "being dualized". Even if we set aside how vague the idea of "being dualized" is, I think it's more likely that whatever it is, it can occur through relationships with a wide variety of people. You don't need just one person to be everything for you. That's a lot of pressure to put on someone. I think you can get bits and pieces of whatever you need from many different people in your life.

Additionally, I would be suspicious that someone who argues that you absolutely need it for whatever reason may be operating under a circular definition which boils down to something like, "You need duality so that you can be dualized, which is what happens when you have duality."

That being said, I would very much like to find a dual. The dynamic sounds nice
    Last edited by AWellArmedCat; 10-18-2021 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Had another thought to add
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI/LIE drawbacks:

ESI - craves closeness, connection
    LIE - gets too caught up in projects, etc. and ESI hates that they always have to be the one who initiates closing the distance/reviving or maintaining closeness, always chasing even while together

ESI - Needs connections, prioritizes them above all else in their lives while sort of helpless to change that fact. Connects through exchanging deep, intimate contents, rather than shared activities.
    LIE - Struggles to open up, share intimate aspects of themselves/their lives, expects ESI to always do the initiating.

ESI: tries to share analytical thoughts about human/relationship dynamics just to chat and connect and share thoughts about a personal interest (relationships/human dynamics) (which is often their biggest, most important interest, even, not just some trivial one), feels like LIE just doesn't get whatever ESI is saying and it causes arguments (LIE opposes/argues what ESI is saying because LIE doesn't actually get it, it wasn't broken down enough by ESI, misunderstandings about what is being said create conflict), ESI doesn't want to talk to LIE about the subject that is the most important thing to them anymore, seems like can't have a casual, laid back, non-teaching, conversation with someone as an equal in this department, without having to explain every little thing. Lack of connecting via "Finally, someone actually gets it!"

I fail to see how this is the most desirable relationship pairing in the typology system for these two types. Personally, I'd much rather get with some other ESI (preferably female, since females aren't culturally influenced to be less emotionally open). Both big on self-improvement, both big on challenging selves/others, both crave connections, etc. Shared values. Pretty much capable of being a power couple, tbh.

TLDR:
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki
    want to take on a different perspective for the hell of it. Do we NEED duality? Is duality always the best? Are there drawbacks to duality that nobody talks about?
    Hell no we don't need duality. Hell yes there are drawbacks. And as for filling our own weak spots...we can work on our own weaknesses and get by in life. We don't need to go around unifying to become masters of all, people specialize in their specific areas for a reason. Society is a whole that covers all needed aspects, you don't need to do that in a relationship with others 1 on 1 in addition to it.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 11-02-2021 at 11:05 PM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think diferent type have diferent PoV of what it's mean to be a partner. For me a partner is someone who being able to play with me, either it's a physical game or a video game, or just achieve some goal together in an exciting way. And SEE seem to be the most obvious choice...

It' doesn't mean we cannot live without duality, but I still think we do need duality to some degree. I see how my ESI mother need Te so much without realizing it, and she've always been draw back when she meet a Te lead, it's hilarious... I just hope she find a Te - lead friend so she doesn't have to pull Te from me, such a pain in the ass...

My Te is a passive version of LIE's Te. It work best with people with extreme high energy toward their goal, so I could pull them back. But when it come to pushing/leading people to do shit, it work very very bad...

So, by having a dual, you make yourself less trouble to other types.... seriously.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 11-05-2021 at 09:24 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need for what?

It's safe to say we don't need duality to avoid e.g. psychosomatic illness as some socionists have said. As others have said, it's neither wise nor practical to depend on others for personal development, you need to learn how to do things for yourself. Dual relationships are not always harmonious either, like most relationships these days they may end prematurely.

Are they nice to have? Sure, in the best cases duality can be a really special thing. But you don't need it.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you can compare it the questions: do you need to have the perfect job to be happy? Do you need to have a lot of money to be happy? No, these things alone, similar to a dual/partner will not make you happy. It’s having a good balance of all three that will make you happy.

- healthy relationships, ideally a partner but there are always friends out there if you need them, (even temporarily, friendships come and go and can come back too)

-a job that you find meaningful or where you feel you fit in and your strengths are valued

-enough money so you can live comfortably and gives you freedom to save as well as experience new things.

I think that juggling all three of these things, keeping the balls in the air, is what might make me feel ‘self-actualized’, content or finely in tune with the world and appreciative of my own existence and that of others, and more aware of my own humanity, my strengths and weaknesses I bring to the world. If I can experience that in the next however many years I live, I think I will find peace before old age. It is not duality that will help achieve those things, but a dual may provide some of those things. Another type could also provide you with some of those things. Some, you will have to find for yourself. But really, it is the initial romance stage of duality that people yearn for, because it’s that feeling, I imagine that makes you feel like there’s some huge purpose to life. It’ll pass though and you’ll have to keep finding meaning?

Other than healthy relationships, learning about psychology can do wonders for helping you move from a position of weakness and helplessness to one of happiness and strength. Finding meaning in life and feeling fully alive is true lasting duality. It’s your own story, your own adventure, your own quest to find joy and peace and a sense of importance or happiness to being alive.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 11-05-2021 at 03:11 PM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More detail (my opninion):

Ti lead: most independent people. They don't really need a Fe lead relationship if they don't want to, all they need is just to find a place with strong/good Fe environment, problem solve.

Ni lead: can struggle hard without Se, especially IEI (Te polr). Find a strong Se environment is not a good idea since they can get hurt themself. A Se lead partner is a better choice.

Fi lead: like Ti lead, they can just find a good Te environment to work with for Te seeking. BUT, the nature of Fi is about relationship, so they will end up depend on some other people, whose are not Te dom (lol)

Si: Not sure, but I think they are capable to live by them self. SLI may need a close relationship more (compare to SEI) since they value Fi

Te: struggle hard without Fi, and since Fi is about relationship, it must be someone close to them, not random people they pick up from the bar. Poor these guy, really.

Ne: have huge troubles without Si. ILE seem worse than IEE. But they can still find some Si environment for their Si - seeking. But IEE would prefer a relationship more.

Fe: Can handle themself pretty well, though EIE may need a specific partner more than ESE.

Se: Most SEE I know still have an ok life without ILI (not very good, only ok), but a SLE without an IEI is a little bit hopeless.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 11-05-2021 at 02:16 PM.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the person matters more than their "personality type".

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can survive without it, albeit harder to lead a psychologically individuated life in its absence.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m dim and unsuccessful so I can’t see myself having any sort of equal relationship with an LIE. They can only be mentors, bosses, one night stands and people to buy snake oil motivational dvds from
    Last edited by Averroes; 11-09-2021 at 10:38 PM.

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't need duality per se, but I still do think that it is important to have someone in your life who can take care of your weaknesses when educating a children.
    For example, if you are an individual who is too passive it is best to have a more assertive partner , otherwise your child won't be disciplined enough.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but not around you the whole day the whole week the whole year etc

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any good relationship improves your life
    duality has the highest chance of a good relationship of all the ITR

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    duality has the highest chance of a good relationship of all the ITR
    That's a bold statement. I have doubts about that. Obviously it can create good chemistry especially in the beginning, and mental support. I know how it feels to date a dual. But duals live in different worlds, and when they start to understand that, then what happens? It's also not possible to develop the inferior function with a dual, they just override you. I'm not criticizing the reality of duality though, I know perfectly well from personal experience how nice it can feel.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EIE girls are able to show me emotions in such a kaleidoscopic yet unconditional way that their energy fills me. But, although the feeling is wonderful, I feel overwhelmed by it. It is like a life-changing experience, while I prefer sticking to something I'm more accustomed to. Something more stable and with a flow I can control and predict. I consider those with EIE girls the only real important romantic relationships I had (with that with the ILI being very close), but I had to drop them because undermined my success in studies and my future plans overall (and there was too much drama for me).

Probably the experience with duals are those which helps you more (highest chance) to improve yourself and in understanding yourself in general. At least this is what I can confirm with my experience lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast