Hybrid View

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you don't need it. And it's not even necessarily desirable. Socionics is right about the chemistry though.

Von Franz writes:

In marriage, as Jung points out, one tends to marry the opposite type (= dual / semi dual, my comment). And then again he is, or so he thinks for the moment, freed from the disagreeable task of confronting his inferior function. That is one of the greatest blessings and sources of happiness in the early stages of marriage; suddenly the whole weight of the inferior function is gone, one lives in a blessed oneness with the other, and every problem is solved. But if one of the partners dies, or the need comes up in one of them to develop the inferior function instead of just leaving those section of life to the other, the trouble starts.

Lectures on Jung's typology (von Franz, Hillman)

As we can see von Franz states the obvious fact that duality can be comfortable, but that things are more complicated than that.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    If your dual dies can't you just find another?

Edit: not specifically romantic too. I mean if I'm less lazier I would go out and befriend several duals. If I'm richer too I might hire one even after being married to one.
    Some ppl will be too broken after a death, to want to get someone else...... and then some ppl know socionics and still find it really hard to get with a dual....

I'm not against duality btw.... I just don't see it as the only option