Thread: Having some trouble between ILI and LII.

TIM
    INTx 5w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Having some trouble between ILI and LII.

How likely is it for an LII to be primarily Unstructured under the big 5 system (and overall, someone who doesn’t care for tidiness in the slightest and whose mind feels like quite a blur (basically, a heavier lean towards impressionistic thinking) rather than the whole “structured classification” thing that Socio Ti is often described as)? I feel like it comes to actually assembling my thoughts, typically by writing them down or speaking, they might come off as very Ti, but honestly, it feels like I just pulled them out of my ass because words often only even form in my head right as I am about to present them and my actual thoughts are often very incoherent, like an old whiteboard with marker smudges all over it. I see many people do not take Reinen dichotomies quite so seriously, but I also find myself relating a lot more to dynamic over static, although this seems to be a dichotomy I see people bring up more often.

Can an ILI be someone who isn’t particularly pessimistic and can actually be quite optimistic (particularly when I am motivated/inspired or see a positive development, although, for the most part I just consider myself a realist and feel apathetic)? I have seen some people brush this off as a dumb stereotype, but it seems to be so drilled into even more ILI descriptions that it makes me have doubts. Also, I find that for the most part I am very bad with Fe, but when I am comfortable (or have a little *too* much energy) I am fully capable of expressing myself, even if somewhat awkwardly, and for the most part I’m still quite stale. It’s somewhat childlike it seems, people are often surprised and call me ‘cute’ when I am suddenly excited or overjoyed. I also have a lot of embarrassing memories from when I was younger when it would escape me easier, like it is something I easily lose control over if I start using it. Although, around older friends who I knew from when I was younger, it is easier for me to be expressive (if I’m still comfortable around them), and it is very easy to express myself around my family where sometimes I can act playfully dramatically. I imagine my family would probably type me as an ILE if they ever found any interest in Socionics.

I overall find the Te-Fi axis to be more relatable to me, but I can’t shake off the thought that I might actually be a Ti leading, especially taking into account that for the leading/suggestive axis the suggestive may be highly suppressed (so the axis as a whole may be less apparent), I see a lot of inconsistencies over the various descriptions of Se PoLR against Fe PoLR which make me further confused (even the anecdote I shared with my use of Fe, some people and descriptions would describe that as Fe PoLR and others would describe it as Fe Suggestive), plus the thought that I might just be lying to myself since I initially related so heavily to Ni leading once first coming into Socionics that I have a bias towards ILI as being my type.

IDK I just want some extra thoughts, opinions, or some consolidation. Hopefully I do not end up even more bamboozled.

And please do not suggest me sending in a V.I, I do not feel very comfortable recording myself.

For extra typology stuff, I am an INTP, 5w4, 549/594, sx/so (by 5 subtype descriptions, by IVs alone I am sx/sp), RlUaI.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI and pessimism can be a stereotype, but they typically avoid unnecessary action and they are good at noticing what actions are unnecessary. This is why it can look pessimistic.

What temperament do you think fits you? EJ, IP, IJ, or EP?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    INTx 5w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    ILI and pessimism can be a stereotype, but they typically avoid unnecessary action and they are good at noticing what actions are unnecessary. This is why it can look pessimistic.

What temperament do you think fits you? EJ, IP, IJ, or EP?
    Most definitely IP. First part is fairly relatable except I don't think anyone would consider me a pessimist from something like that, they'd probably just see it as apathy or even suspect that maybe I'm nervous.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sentientamoeba View Post
    Most definitely IP. First part is fairly relatable except I don't think anyone would consider me a pessimist from something like that, they'd probably just see it as apathy or even suspect that maybe I'm nervous.

Yeah you sound ILI.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a lot of observance and practical examples (over static analysis), and the support expressed for IP temperament. Vulnerable function can manifest as overuse as much as under use. It is just consciously painful, and you won't be interested in it from others. Your tri-type could fit either type, but overall, I agree that ILI seems more likely here.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI don't FEEL negative, just output critism a bit too negatively (to others) usually. We have a good positive outlook as long as nobody is needing our "correction" .

So some will see ILI as negative. Whatever. It's just not the case.

ILI can be very espressive when the company is right. Knowing and liking people makes for less akwardness, much more open expression painlessly.

I feel akward under pressure of attention basically. My FE is always the big surprise to anyone. KABOOM!

At home with my family I'm pretty normal (SEE hubby, gamma!). Home is a wonderful place!
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)