Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Types and Physical Confrontation

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve never been in a physical altercation before. Most people seem to have the patience of a saint with me. I’m often told I seem childlike in daily life, which may explain why people don’t try to start anything with me. If anyone did physically confront me, I don’t think I’d know how to react because I’ve never been in that sort of situation before. I’d probably just try to de-escalate and see if I can fix what went wrong between me and the other person.

Whenever I’ve been sexually harassed, I wouldn’t know how to react and I’d just smile nervously at the person and kindly tell them to stop or that I don’t like what they’re doing. Usually works, somehow… but not always. Some situations have been stranger than others. In such situations, I have to be persistent about rejecting their actions. The situations might have ended sooner if I’d actually slapped them or confronted them angrily, but since I was afraid of what else they might do, I couldn’t find it in me to be angry at the moment.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never start a fight in my life. I've been involved in fights that some loved one have been involved in twice in my life. I endorsed the role of the guy who breaks up the fight and at the same time protect his people from being badly injured. I hate violence but I like body contacts and martial arts. I don't like to strike even if I can do it but I do like joint locks techniques. I used to do pretty athletic and esthetically pleasing Martial Arts stuff when I was younger. I prefer self-defence like Aikido now even if I didn't put my mind into martial arts since an Hamstrings injury in the late 90's which kinda killed the passion put my interest in that matter at sleep (My body is a bit rusty but my spirit is not !).

Now , most of the following is highly hypothetical (plus a little bit of Drama to spice it up !) :

I adapt to the energy of the opponent. If despite my white flags signals he keeps trying to assert his dominance over me and becomes physical then I will start to dodge his attacks to demonstrate that I'm not the kind of cat he might think that I am. If that is not enough and he becomes really aggressive then I will try to grab him and immobilize him with some kind of Aikido technique. However, if despite all that or because he is clearly physically stronger than me and I can't put an end to the threatening situation, then I might go DEFCON 3 or 2 mode (which are the execution of some scenarios I thought about in my "invincible Hero" fantasies) and consider a Life or death situation. The thing that will put me in a rage mode is if I feel some kind of bullying or abuse ( towards me or others ). Finally there is the unthinkable DEFCON 1 mode and that may cost even my own life. That's pretty much my Dark Side.

The following is more Fi related considerations in conflicts (I share this for the record, maybe people can relate).

Most of what I do in a conflict situation (not necessarily a fight) is to walk away from it or to defuse it if need be. I don't like conflicts because I'm lazy and I don't like like to put myself in that mood where I have to think about the future (near and far) consequences implied by the conflict esp If it's someone who gravitate around the family circle. If I estimate that a person ( including family members) has crossed a line (I have my own rules about that) then the worst that I can do is to exclude ad vitam that person (I might even include his or her family members and friends) from my heart. I don't hold grudges although my mood can be affected by the presence of a person I either really dislike or has been "banned" but I'm guilty of "ghosting" and "door slamming". I can forgive repeatedly until I'm done doing it. I never ever forget an offence (mine and that of others) or a mistakes (esp if I've got schooled ahah!). I estimate the psychological distance between people including myself and take into those considerations to decide if something should be taken as an offence or a well intended familiar joke. I think that's pretty normative btw.

I really don't like to show my dark side. I score high (above average) in the neuroticism scale but I keep it all inside most of the time.
    I don't like to be judged and I don't like to be "lectured" with moral discourses. I have the tendency to throw the bath duck with the baby water. That's just who I am.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until about the age of seven, I used to get into physical disputes with ease , I continued for years after that in physical disputes with my brother when necessary.

After the age of thirteen, I completely stopped doing it , now I don't get involved in physical conflicts, but I can show aggression in certain situations ( eg : if I decide to wait for the bus instead of walking back, but there are many people waiting for the bus too , when the bus comes, I am usually one of the first to get on the bus and get a seat , it's so rare that I can't have a seat )
    Souls know their way back home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12