Thread: Falling In Love With Your Therapist.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Falling In Love With Your Therapist.

Have any of you ever had feelings for your therapist? I feel like I would end up falling hard for a Ti dom therapist.

I think the power dynamic would make it impossible for me not to have transference for her.

Also, do you think it's possible to be treated by a person you are attracted to?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You need an SLI therapist. The mayhem might look bit crazy.

What sort of therapy are we talking about?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not. Though, most of my therapist have been women and and older man that is happily married lol. If that were to happen, the therapist would have to terminate the contract with the patient I would think. It would most likely be done for ethical reasons.

I can’t see it happening. I pay them to help me figure out my shit and be a safe place for me to loose my shit lol. I have a mental division for that. It probably does happen for people but I can’t see it happening for me.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    What sort of therapy are we talking about?
    For you? Electroconvulsive therapy.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if I want an attractive therapist? That's who I would open up to.
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-23-2021 at 05:38 PM. Reason: punctuation

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, what I mean is I think I could only have an LSI woman listening to me because I feel like they are the only ones that can deal with me. I prefer to talk to women I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing vulnerability with a man.

So the dilemma is that I will be stuck in a situation where I will be paired with my dual of the opposite sex.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My therapists have all been old and ugly males.

My dance instructor, on the other hand, is a menace to my monogamy. She's LSI and fun and dancing, you know, is a lot like having sex. There is "offer made" and "offer accepted", or not, to add some tension.

Fortunately, she's had a lot of experience teaching randos how to dance, so she knows how to discourage that feeling you get when you are holding someone in your arms and are moving in unison. Lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Ok, what I mean is I think I could only have an LSI woman listening to me because I feel like they are the only ones that can deal with me. I prefer to talk to women I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing vulnerability with a man.

So the dilemma is that I will be stuck in a situation where I will be paired with my dual of the opposite sex.

I think you'd be better off with a Conflictor therapist. They are less likely to give you a pass and more likely to ask "What the hell is WRONG with this person?"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've always wanted a therapist who starts psychologically violating me and then it starts getting physical too... it only happens to movie characters and they are ofc all hot, and there's a Deeper Meaning. i'm sure IRL it would just be like when the therapist of that girl in the dragon tattoo series made her give him a bj. no fun.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    the therapist of that girl in the dragon tattoo series made her give him a bj. no fun.
    I was watching that movie with a girl on a date, I was so turned on by that scene lmao. But I was trying so hard to look disgusted.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I was watching that movie with a girl on a date, I was so turned on by that scene lmao. But I was trying so hard to look disgusted.
    i mean i think i have to face that irl i'd be scared and i wouldn't get back at him most likely because i think he would win. somehow it wouldn't be like my fantasies, it would be something else. it would be fear and probably ptsd. lol

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going to try to say things i'll regret... i feel like all the rape fantasies i like are where you don't think you want the um rapey person but you secretly do or begin to realize you do and although things feel like life and death it's not actually that you will be murdered and left in a ditch... but it could be traumatic or stockholm syndrome but in a strange "good" way... i can never reconcile these things... the therapist scenario ofc has a power imbalance which is part of it too ... BandD would call it a straight girl thing i guess.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ew no. Therapists lack eroticsm to me. Not only that, it gets in the way of the therapist-client relationship too much although I know in reality a lot of people ignore this and work around it. I think some therapists are therapists so they can meet a wider variety of people to secretly date etc. If people followed the Ti rules of therapy like don't date your therapist- respected the HIPAA privacy rules a lot better, therapy would be a lot more respectful to me but I know in reality they don't really do this.

I had some transference with a therapist once but I realized what was happening and it wasn't him I was into but a weird fantasy ideal. Once I knew the real person the crush very quickly went away lol.

I was searching for therapists once and I did find a 'kink friendly' therapist - but he wasn't exactly a looker. lol It's like I wanted a hot Chad to say he was kink friendly but instead he was just boring asexual Te lawyer-ish who would cruelly throw the book at you any chance he got. And the 'kink friendly' ones all looked fat and ugly or not-so-secretly pedophiliac lol.

/negative bitch whine moan. I hate the world. LoL.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aaaaaah and that is where the rubber hits the road... reality just isn't so adaptable...

ps i've never actually ever had a thing for a therapist... i guess there was this one a long time ago who was referring me to someone else for my eating disorder. i was suffering from... teenage mind.

for the first time (maybe) i found a therapist (without trying) who might actually be better than any of them. it's an ESI who really likes her Ni mob.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I found the most LSI looking therapist and I'm going to give her a try. I need a cold bitch staring at me and harshly criticizing all my decisions. That is how I think best.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dianetic therapists I've worked with were all men. So no.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha one thing i like about the ESI therapist is she's so gruff and cuts through bullshit... it's operating in the absence of Fe but so far maybe that doesn't matter. i mean i think my typical problem is i keep finding better and better ways to articulate my um "insights" and that doesn't really lead me anywhere except for how i've formed a clearer and clearer picture. the ESI wants actions done by next session and i can tell she will gruffly disapprove if it's not done, and i just want to avoid that. excuses won't be accepted. drama is cut short after a point. the central focus leading to the action item must be maintained. and the will is firm so it's kinda difficult to go around it.