Thread: myresearch's typing thread

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get the gist of this from the NE polr description on sociotype.com

Socionics Information Elements: Ne (sociotype.com)

Ne as Vulnerable Function

The individual is highly skeptical about ideas and opportunities that appear not to lead anywhere specific, and seeks assurance that new innovations will definitely bring material benefits. He prefers the kind of ideas and innovations that offer solutions to existing problems rather than the kind that have uncertain consequences and are likely to bring upheaval and unnecessary change. The individual may tend to forcefully restrict other people's activities in areas he thinks they have no natural talent in. At the same time, he or she is prone to make errors when judging whether or not a person is capable of doing something. The individual generally does not try hard to understand multiple viewpoints, but concentrates on developing only his own. He is not very good at intriguing others with his ideas, even when they have significant merit. The individual dislikes it when people evaluate others' potential to engage in activities or develop skills in which they haven't had experience yet; above all he is uncomfortable with such discussions by other people regarding himself. He is inclined to be either over-skeptical of his own potential or going to the other extreme and overestimate his possibilities in specific areas on occasion.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to our discussion that I made with IEI friend, me vs LSI friend:

General:

She drives different kinds of air land sea vehicles, I am not interested in much.

She is generally on time and I am not.

She complies with the rules even she knows it is unjust. I don't care about rules if I think environment is unjust.

I am more philosphical, she is more practical.

She likes to do things collectively, I prefer to do my own thing in terms of work, tasks.

We are both ambitious but not competitive. In a way, when others were doing good, get success,etc we are geniunely happy for them. It is very easy for me to share when I am doing better at work and other stuff, she is always supportive and celebrative. I never thought she was a tiny bit jealous, hopefully she feels the same about me, because that's how I feel. My reasons of this: I want good things happen to the people I love and when people are doing better, I think yeay so we can all do it better, so it makes me more positive towards life.

She is more precise and easier to understand. She generally doesn't get into details or she doesn't add too much layers when she is describing something. I can get into details or add layers which can cause a person to not easily digest what I have said.

When we were analyzing some work related stuff, I said to her what I was thinking and she said I am thinking too much, how can I live like this if I think everything to this extend. I generally think that much about lots of things.

She thought our director was unjust because he gives tasks to people according to their abilities, which causes unjust opportunities for others. I thought our director was unjust because he gots intel from others so he actually has no idea what is really going on, he is easily manipulated and he is not even the one that manages things. We partially agreed to each other but her focus screams Ne polr

After some work party, we as a group went out and had some drinks. LSI thought SLI was judging people in the party, she said she is going to prove this when SLI went to bathroom. Then when SLI returned, she asked him some questions to reveal what was he actually thinking. I can do the exact same thing, but I cant see myself revealing it to others since it is a work environment, she could be wrong about it and these kind of things can be used against both of them. I do such a thing to discover what is going on for myself. I reveal these kind of things and what I have done with it after some time and more likely when I am one on one with someone I trust.

She says some other stuff that I do, but do not say in work setting. She says she likes to mind read for example. We actually tried to do this and did it to some good extent but we sometimes misunderstood each other Again, I don't want to say such a thing in a work setting, because it can be used against me.

Both she and I can hold back and argue when we think that time is right. I argue with our directors, managers much more often than she does. I thought LSIs are generally more prone to take commands, at least they are more ok with this. Our director and managers complied to me when I insisted. We were choosing who wouldn't we want to fight, argue, most people chose me and LSI was one of them In our social life, she is more prone to say something back if she thinks other person is doing something bad socially. I say such stuff when it is important or too much.

Social:

She is more inexpressive than me in terms of words and facial expressions.

IEI says she looks dull and I look distinguished in terms of presence not biology. She said this before we did this comparison thing. She also said the same thing for EII. So I thought this might be due to being CD IJ type, but this might be a rationalization. I think this is the reason why EIEs were more into me when we meet them for the first time together.

IEI says she adds on the things that had been said in social group. She said I get in it, say some stuff then I pull back myself to see how people are going to respond.

She adapts to environment all the way. I always adapt partially and expect my environment to adapt to me a bit.

She doesn't know who she get alongs and who she cannot. For example, when new coworkers (SLI and SLE) joined, she thought SLI was nice but SLE was evil. Then I said to her, that I worked with SLE and he isn't evil and she will see this. After some time, she came and told me that SLE is fun and actually nice, then I said to her that I am glad to hear this because I wondered why she can't see who she can get along or not since she did similar kind of things before. IEI says she cannot understand this because she isn't self aware in compasion to me, IEI says that I can do this because I am into psychology and typology for a long time.

Romance:

We both had a relationship for 5 years, we both got cheated (I caught him before he actually cheated). We both ended it and never return to them although they knock the door. However, she says she can be ok with a person who cheats if she doesnt caught them, she says she can do it herself. She kissed someone else when she was seeing someone. I think kiss is more innocent, I kissed someone else when I had feelings for another and when I knew he also had feelings towards me. But I cannot do such a thing when I am in relationship. I have more strict rules that I apply and expect other person to apply. IEI says she says/does such things because she is not self aware and she would not be ok with that.

We both play mind games, but hers is generally more apparent, mine is more complex.

We both seem indifferent to the guys we flirted at inital stages, then they say stuff that suggest we are actually thoughtful and care a lot when we get into relationships. Despite seeming indifferent we are both calculating but we don't like too much calculation, so the things that are calculated are important. Besides that both of our devotion increases in time.

She is most similar person to me in terms of how someone is in romance. However, she wants to get married and have kids now, I don't have such a desire. So she is into trying things before evaluating to see where things go. So she is more willing to jump into some relationships compared to her past self and me now.
    Last edited by myresearch; 10-02-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    What do you think about Gulenko cognitive styles @myresearch ??
    I related with result cognition much more than process. Because I generally assess a thing from looking different sides. I can postpone some part if we got stucked, I'll move on other steps that comes later and return back to that later.

However, in highschool, I thought if we had accumulated everything happened and interpreted in a way then we could predict every thing, so I am deterministic.

I do different kinds of test to see what happens or predict a thing, that seems VS.

When I change myself, I generally swing back and forth in terms of opposites that seems DA.

So......

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did see a bunch of stuff which can be argued as N>S to me, which I can mention if you want, though I did already mention what looked to point away from NE polr in you before....

I also saw a sign of Democratic>Aristrocratic for you below, by her abiding to 'rank' and you not....

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post

Both she and I can hold back and argue when we think that time is right. I argue with our directors, managers much more often than she does. I thought LSIs are generally more prone to take commands, at least they are more ok with this. Our director and managers complied to me when I insisted. We were choosing who wouldn't we want to fight, argue, most people chose me and LSI was one of them In our social life, she is more prone to say something back if she thinks other person is doing something bad socially. I say such stuff when it is important or too much

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did see a bunch of stuff which can be argued as N>S to me, which I can mention if you want, though I did already mention what looked to point away from NE polr in you before....
    @rtht I don't relate to Ne polr at all. I also see what you see.

I also saw a sign of Democratic>Aristrocratic for you below, by her abiding to 'rank' and you not....
    Yeah, this is another difference between me and her. She also mentioned this herself. I don't try to get closer to people who have power, I know how I can if I want such a thing, but this is not a thing that I am allured to. She is more prone to do that.

I can recognize who has power, why does that person has it, I can get it myself, I am getting it in different areas. But I don't assess people mainly about in this aspect. I don't treat them differently. I said hold the door to CEO and subordinate, their rank doesn't matter to me when I want to catch the elevator I noticed both Si/Ne and Se/Ni people refrain from doing such things though. I don't know if this Se-polr power or not

There are things that bothers me with lack of power in others though such as cowardness, passive agressiveness, not able to take a side when it is needed, when things are important, etc. I will mention these in detail.

In some other thread, I said I dont care about people's status, but I see it, I dont want to get undermined in this way or any other way. It is also a bit cringe to me when people say omg you so rich to some rich person. I think it is also ok to want things, ofcourse if I had more money, I would live in bigger better house. I think these things are more related to how much a money person has. So when a rich person buys some shinny things I think that is natural. I wrote these kind of things on a thread months or a year ago and selftyped LIIs suggested I am seeing hierachies and I want things, hence I cannot be Se-polr, I can be LSI. Which sounded absurd to me, because this is how human nature works. How can a person not see this.

Irl, some Se egos don't want to argue with me. It can be because Se ego don't want to be attacked in a way that they don't expect if I am a Ne ego. I thought these stuff could be due to argumentative side of Ne. However, nobody mentions such things here.

Based on these, if I am LII, how things work in real life clashes with what forum members say here. Polr descriptions also don't reflect reality.

If I had known more variety of types, things would be more easier for me to assess. However, I don't know any alpha NTs irl.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this is another difference between me and her. She also mentioned this herself. I don't try to get closer to people who have power, I know how I can if I want such a thing, but this is not a thing that I am allured to. She is more prone to do that.

I can recognize who has power, why does that person has it, I can get it myself, I am getting it in different areas. But I don't assess people mainly about in this aspect. I don't treat them differently. I said hold the door to CEO and subordinate, their rank doesn't matter to me when I want to catch the elevator I noticed both Si/Ne and Se/Ni people refrain from doing such things though. I don't know if this Se-polr power or not

There are things that bothers me with lack of power in others though such as cowardness, passive agressiveness, not able to take a side when it is needed, when things are important, etc. I will mention these in detail.

In some other thread, I said I dont care about people's status, but I see it, I dont want to get undermined in this way or any other way. It is also a bit cringe to me when people say omg you so rich to some rich person. I think it is also ok to want things, ofcourse if I had more money, I would live in bigger better house. I think these things are more related to how much a money person has. So when a rich person buys some shinny things I think that is natural. I wrote these kind of things on a thread months or a year ago and selftyped LIIs suggested I am seeing hierachies and I want things, hence I cannot be Se-polr, I can be LSI. Which sounded absurd to me, because this is how human nature works. How can a person not see this.

Irl, some Se egos don't want to argue with me. It can be because Se ego don't want to be attacked in a way that they don't expect if I am a Ne ego. I thought these stuff could be due to argumentative side of Ne. However, nobody mentions such things here.

Based on these, if I am LII, how things work in real life clashes with what forum members say here. Polr descriptions also don't reflect reality.

If I had known more variety of types, things would be more easier for me to assess. However, I don't know any alpha NTs irl.
    Yeah so everything you're saying points away from you valuing status/power......

Like you say, buying things has nothing to do with status....unless you are buying those things to show of your..........status! so ppl might have confused things there..... there are plenty of useful/good reasons to buy things.....

If some SE egos irl don't want to argue with you, it could be because they know they will lose.... if they lose, that could put a dent in their self-perceived status...... so that is a possible reason......

Definitely still not seeing anything to point towards SE ego, but if someone else does, then maybe they will mention it

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big G will see you now.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@myresearch when I read the list you made comparing yourself to your LSI friend I think it is very unlikely for Ne to be your polr. It makes more sense to me that it would take at least 2D Ne to identify as many examples of differences that have the potential to be independent of each other and useful for a type diagnosis.

Might be related: I took a test recently which asked whether I prefer giving essay style answers to questions, or to select from multi choice. I chose multi choice, because sometimes I just don't know the relevance of something until it is singled out to me as relevant.

Above you mention that your LSI friends adds on to things that have been said in a social group - that's how I am too, usually, and I identify most with ESI type.

Have you ruled out ST for yourself, in your mind?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    @myresearch when I read the list you made comparing yourself to your LSI friend I think it is very unlikely for Ne to be your polr. It makes more sense to me that it would take at least 2D Ne to identify as many examples of differences that have the potential to be independent of each other and useful for a type diagnosis.

Might be related: I took a test recently which asked whether I prefer giving essay style answers to questions, or to select from multi choice. I chose multi choice, because sometimes I just don't know the relevance of something until it is singled out to me as relevant.

Above you mention that your LSI friends adds on to things that have been said in a social group - that's how I am too, usually, and I identify most with ESI type.

Have you ruled out ST for yourself, in your mind?
    @thistle I also don't see myself having 1D Ne. But I can't also see myself as 1D Se. I don't get feedbacks from others that suggest I might have 1D Ne/Se. That's why this typing thing is confusing for me. As I said before, my nurturing conditions were different in a way which can increase Ne, Se and Fe a bit. I am not sure which one get increased or whether they decreased or stayed neutral etc. Hence, right now I can't eliminate anything in my mind, I want to find a type that clicks or understand how my current type clicks with me.

I think I fit IJ temp the most, however, I can be wrong. I am going to give Fe and Fi examples also. Maybe that can clear up certain things, it can suggest another type besides a Ti-dom.

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't also see myself as 1D Se. my nurturing conditions were different in a way which can increase Se
    I know things like toughness and aggression are linked to SE, but I just see those things as potential tools for an SE ego....tools which they may or may not even need, or have.....

non SE ego can have/use those tools too, because of.... environment....genetics.....lifestyle.....maybe low SI.....self defense

How do you describe your SE?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know things like toughness and aggression are linked to SE, but I just see those things as potential tools for an SE ego....tools which they may or may not even need, or have.....

non SE ego can have/use those tools too, because of.... environment....genetics.....lifestyle.....maybe low SI.....self defense

How do you describe your SE?
    I can get agressive when I am angry or sometimes when it is needed. At work, I am generally not aggresive, however I can be, again person's rank doesn't matter. For example, I opposed to my manager and get angry just a little bit, then after we calmed a bit, after a few mins, he told me that he knows I am a good person but there is this dominating part of me.. If you missed my other posts, there is no way that he can be objective or on my side in any way. So there is no reason for me to hold back that much. However, again, I only do such things, after some lines have been crossed. I am not going to fight with him or his lover for every single petty thing.

In my close relationships and when I am outside with strangers, I am more prone to show this side.

Generally I use it for defense and there are some other things that makes me angry, for example, a person touching, taking, using, changing the position of my stuff without asking for my permission. If I warned someone about something for a few times and if they keep doing that again and again I can get angry.

I generally hold back, I don't go all in, my anger increases until other person gives in or gives up or some mutual understanding established.

I spent a lot of times with different kinds of people, I am generally calm as a person. Some people generally never makes me angry, however, I get agressive towards some people regardless of me liking/disliking them.
    Last edited by myresearch; 10-13-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I think @myresearch is an LII, but at the risk of annoying everyone I want to bring psychosophy into this. I think you are 1st Will in psychosophy and that's where a lot of the confusion about this Se PoLR stuff is coming from.

I think your type is "Socrates" WLEP. 1st Will, 2nd Logic, 3rd Emotion, 4th Physics.

I know people hate it but I think it can be used in conjunction with Socionics to explain differences in type.

I am in comparison "Ahmatova" WELP. I think I recognize a lot of similarities between us that come from having 1st will.
    Socrates ventured aloud with vehicles of imaginative feet for motioning the right sector of concepts to make people stream their consciousness.

I think that looking further into the gloom, and including more mansions of perception to rotate around your fashion of quest undertaking, and shooting off through the paradigm roof into that much larger idea based world is forever entering us into the codex of greatness.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    The time is alway right to do what is right.
    Become who you are.
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight on voice chat, on the new server, I have been on voice chat with myresearch.

It had been discussed that she is an SLE based on results.. I being higher in Ni, was initially suspicious, given a self-typing of LII—an Se PolR, versus the Se base of SLE being a major discrepancy.. Also of her self-typing 5 being withdrawn and out of logical alignment with being a far more extroverted type.

I went into my interrogative mode, and began an intensive questioning.. Asking her if her culture factors unto the results at all.. If she was focused on the test whilst having of its taking…

Then I went into why she sees herself as good with Ne..

Immediately, I noticed that the way she goes about the Ne, is a very 6 core reminiscent way of approaching.. I asked her if she could see herself as a 6 core, from this, but she wanted remain focused on my Socionics assessment…

It became clear that the way of her approaching things is a very strong Te way of going about things, but it is not valued.

When asked (by me) of why she would be more successful of her mother, she had said because she knows how it works, and the companies and people.. Which to me, shows stronger Te, and also Se with having to put oneself out there to see and experience those connections.

Poor self-awareness, saying, “I don’t know” was reflective throughout my questioning, indicative of weaker, unvalued Fi.

She had too, initially when I had asked why she is reserved, said she is so out of fear things can be used against of her… Then she had talked about accruing enough money to resist against future possible illness.. Then when I asked her how she would approach someone in need of helping on the street, in her deciding of whether or not to help them, how she would, she had said based on if she felt genuinely they were in need, or if or not, they were conning. This screamed 6 behaviors and then upon her saying she used to be extroverted prior to age 14 (after I had asked her if she felt any trauma can be making her appear more reserved and withdrawn than is she) I broke in and told her that I believe that she had become an E6 from her trauma, and mistakes being introverted and also of having Ne, as the result of her traumatic happening.

I believe Beta ST is quite feasible, and any Ne and withdrawn behavior is resulting from her own trauma, and with her being a clear 6 core.

How she doubts her own self-typing and wants others to give of their input, even over course of three years, can even be seen as an E6 manifestation.

I was skeptical of the test being a reliable metric.. But it was a 600 question one. And also, she when I asked if had she been focused in its taking, said she gave an 80%, and the results were well beyond marginal in their results.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, how she had said she had issue with the seeing how it would be 100 years from now, shows weakened Ni.. Even though she values it.. As I asked her if she prefers expand or limit.. She said she tries predict far more, which is Ni>Ne.

It is weakened, but valued.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123