Thread: How messy/clean/organized are you?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How messy/clean/organized are you?

And what’s your type? Pics of your spaces appreciated but not necessary
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am messy so no pics I tidy when people come over to my place. Besides that, I wait things to pile a bit then tidy. My clothes are organized according to style(work, life then pants, dresses, etc), my books and other things are organized that way though. Some rooms are always tidy if I generally don't use them.

This room is small and not mine so it may look messier, but my level of messiness close to this:

However, things never get close to this :

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm messy all week, then I have a clean up once a week for the sake of my sanity.
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not organized, I don't have a pic but my desk is messy. My fiancee tells me that any room I enter suddenly becomes messy. I leave cabinet doors open, leave things in random places, put things in the wrong place. She always yells at me for not putting things in their right place. She has a specific place for everything.

She says she gets really stressed out when things are messy and feels much better when everything is organized around her, she insists that I do too. I do like it when everything is clean. But I really try to avoid cleaning and when I do I just kind of look around and wonder what I should do, she tells me to clean something then I ask her what I should clean lol. She tells me and I just follow what she told me to do.

But she really gets mad at me for being so messy, it's a pain point.

EIE - LSI domestic life lol. I don't want to argue about their types but this is what it's like living with my fiancee.

and yes she has literally vacuumed our vacuum before.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I am messy so no pics I tidy when people come over to my place. Besides that, I wait things to pile a bit then tidy. My clothes are organized according to style(work, life then pants, dresses, etc), my books and other things are organized that way though. Some rooms are always tidy if I generally don't use them.

This room is small and not mine so it may look messier, but my level of messiness close to this:

However, things never get close to this :

Mine is between.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I'm messy. Everything is in a specific place, but I also don't really touch anything so it never gets a chance to get messy. Hmm...maybe I am organized.
    For me things tend to get dusty than messy. Since I don't touch anything they just stay there and gather dust most times.

I also have that weird thing where everything needs to be in a specific place...what is that about? Like if I'm sitting somewhere and a book isn't aligned perfectly I can't concentrate on anything else. I used to think I had OCD at one point.
    Even if something is messy, everything has it's place in the mess. My mother hates when I do it. She'll touch something and move it somewhere else and it really annoys me.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sadly my apartment is rather like a landfill right now, i just stay on my couch most of the time like it's a ship in an ocean of garbage. i've been having this problem for a very long time but it's the worst it's ever been. i'm scared of all the objects. i'm scared i can no longer organize anything. i'm scared i'm too incapable. everything seems insurmountable and that i can never gain the energy i need to not only fix it (that would be huge) but to then maintain it. sadly i always fall into this inertia slump where i need energy from the outside, impetus from the outside, structure from the outside. long ago before i began working full time i could manage. i was healthier then and also i had full control over my time, so i could space things in a way that align with an irrational temperament that has very little stamina. i still hope i can get better. i only grasp my peril on and off because i have 9 in my tritype - 9 is great at providing a psychological cushion against the terrifying, that is, until is disintegrates to 6 lol.

i hate my 9 but i recently have started understanding it in a less self-hating light (recently like a stone skip of a thought here and there) which isn't to say i don't hate my 9 still. but i understand 9 comes in when i can't cope. and although it doesn't help me get better, without i think i'd lose my sanity even more. but it's a holding pattern at best and a sinkhole into increasing oblivion at worst. i am convinced 9 is the darkest type in the enneagram.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty organized, but I'd choose clean over tidy if I had to pick. I'm okay with a few things strewn about because, well, I live here, but if things are actually dirty it really bugs me.

Maybe I'll post a pic when I move to the dream loft I've had my eye on the past few months...

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m messy. EVERYTHING HAS ITS PLACE DAMMIT AND IT IS LAST WHERE I PUT IT

It can get bad at times. I try and clean my room once a week. There was a thread about SEI’s being little piggies….fuck do I relate LMAO!

I refuse to let anyone see it though and not be a pig in other peoples spaces. I’m only a pig in my own pen

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m kinda…messy

on my own I’m messy, but I have 3 girls. One is a toddler, and one is a slob (she leaves her trash lay out, clothes on the floor anywhere), and my 9 year old EIE can be a slob but she loves to organize and helps me clean up more than anyone here. But I have problems leaving stuff lay out, shoving anything in a drawer, or that I just want out of the way.. throwing clean clothes on the floor to fold ‘later’. Sometimes if I’m feeling down, things can get quite…chaotic. Sometimes I clean and keep organized, obsessively so, but it seems I always revert back into my messy slobbish ways

anyway, I’m already kinda messy and have a hard time keeping up with everyone and sometimes let it go this morning I walked down stairs and about died because it looked like a tornado went through, and there were like 10 bottles of water at least just sitting around. And I thought, was it like this last night, too?? I need to clean up ugh my husband does say, it’s getting kinda messy in here if I let it go to long, then I feel like shit about myself and it’s a motivator to do something about it.

i did organize my clothes a few weeks ago and haven’t managed to annihilate it yet, so far so good there

ill show pics, but I’m not leaving them up. In the name of socionics lol
    https://imgur.com/a/3wvHKSm
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m mostly tidy. Not a neat freak but not a slob either.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm messy but I usually know where my shit is.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk There's no pattern for me really, you may find my room perfect one week and a mess the other, but it has to do with my EP temperament, which works in burst of energy. So when I'm on a high I usually put the effort to make everything look great
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty clean - I make sure I vacuum almost every day and dust when need to and pick some stuff up but I'm not really OCD about it. Probably mediocre and 2D Si-ish.

I'd like to organize my drawers a bit better maybe if I ever found the time - stuff is thrown in there pretty loosely but I don't have messes too big.

I don't like dirty/messes- but in a strange way I'm more tolerant of that than if a person's home is *too* clean. It makes me think 'Serial Killer.' At Starr they were like that about messes and it seemed sociopathic lol.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The inertia slump is very real and it seems that the only way to fix it is to change things up and/or to not give yourself crippling anxiety regarding your work but just to flow with your motivation...
    yes that's what i used to do until i broke... i've read this problem is also common in severe depression which i've had for a long time.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Pretty clean - I make sure I vacuum almost every day and dust when need to and pick some stuff up but I'm not really OCD about it. Probably mediocre and 2D Si-ish.

I'd like to organize my drawers a bit better maybe if I ever found the time - stuff is thrown in there pretty loosely but I don't have messes too big.

I don't like dirty/messes- but in a strange way I'm more tolerant of that than if a person's home is *too* clean. It makes me think 'Serial Killer.' At Starr they were like that about messes and it seemed sociopathic lol.
    I'm very impressed by this.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm very impressed by this.
    lol what's so impressive about it? =D Yeah I know some people who never vacuum- it kinda drives me crazy. I guess I'm kind of anal/typical gay man John Ritter-like with it.

I even clean my filters on the vacuum cleaner once every month like you're supposed to and write down when I'm supposed to do it so I don't forget. LOL.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    lol what's so impressive about it? =D Yeah I know some people who never vacuum- it kinda drives me crazy. I guess I'm kind of anal/typical gay man John Ritter-like with it.

I even clean my filters on the vacuum cleaner once every month like you're supposed to and write down when I'm supposed to do it so I don't forget. LOL.
    How is it NOT impressive?! I bow to your homemaking skills my friend. I need to vacuum more, especially with a cat. I thought I was regular until I read your post.

John Ritter-like
    Lol

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As with most things, I am inconsistent.

Sometimes I am more organized: tidy_workspace.jpg.

Other times I am less organized: messy_workspace.jpg.

At home, I would often let things pile up for weeks or months and then take a day or two to clean and tidy everything up. I like knowing where my stuff is, though, so I tend to not move certain things around much.

Cleanliness and hygiene are more important and as such are usually very well maintained, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    For me things tend to get dusty than messy. Since I don't touch anything they just stay there and gather dust most times.
    I am this way with stuff I don't use, or rarely use.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    I also have that weird thing where everything needs to be in a specific place...what is that about? Like if I'm sitting somewhere and a book isn't aligned perfectly I can't concentrate on anything else. I used to think I had OCD at one point.
    I have this, too. For instance, I can't stand looking at a wall painting that is even slightly skewed/crooked.

I am the guy who does this anytime and anywhere something sticks out and hurts my eye, I mean brain.
    Last edited by Park; 09-21-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At home, my room is organized chaos. It may seem like a tornado hit with papers and books and clothes scattered all over the place, but everything has its spot. But at work, or just anywhere outside my bedroom, like even the rest of my house, I'm the neatest and tidiest person I know. Everything in perfect order and organization. Anything sightly out of place drives me crazy and I fix it instantly.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used to be really messy but since I've gotten normal household appliances like a dishwasher, washing machine, and storage closets, usually the only mess is clean clothes piled in the corner unless I'm in the middle of a kava bender

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not very organized. I try to keep order but it seems to just get away from me. I don't pay attention to how messy my office or house is getting until it gets really bad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 to my unclean brothers and sisters. So long as no one sees it, this place will continue to look like tornado wreckage.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very organised! Not a clean freak like Monica in Friends, but my IEI colleague did think I had ocd lol. But nope I don't have ocd, I don't even care if it's messy or not actually, it doesn't really bother me, but I think I'm naturally doing things in a proper way so everything is kinda systematic and tidy? I'm just super organised.

TIM
    EII-Ne-C
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly i dont think im so messy but my mom would disagree

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Violetx View Post
    honestly i dont think im so messy but my mom would disagree

Pics for more opinions.

TIM
    EII-Ne-C
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Violetx View Post
    no

It's nice to see a woman who can say No. It means she has good boundaries. And a messy room.

My mother used to say that her house was clean enough to be healthy and messy enough to be happy.

I don't know what, exactly, she meant by this. I was too busy fighting the jackals for my breakfast.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-23-2021 at 03:50 PM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messy, but clean.

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Organized mess.

I can't say that I'm a clean person. I used to be able to leave my clothes on the floor if they were dirty. I could also live a long time without washing dishes, leave many dishes in the sink, and constantly get clean ones out of the cupboard. Now, I'm accustomed to a cleaner lifestyle because I got a cat. A cat in the house can be a source of parasites and disease, so now I never leave my food on the table. I thoroughly clean the cat litter box, you know. I'm very afraid of catching some disease, so I behave more consciously. I also call Crown Cleaners once a month for high-quality general cleaning. After that my house is in sterility, I like it.
    Last edited by AdrianEvansgw; 04-19-2022 at 03:25 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My type is Lsi ti, Esi fi, or sli te. I generally leave things all over everywhere until my mom makes me pick them up or she does it herself. Occasionally I tidy things up and when I do I am thorough. But I don’t really see the point in doing it often.

so I am not a neat freak. I don’t really need my things organized in fact I kind of hate over organization. I take showers because I need to move around, the physical stimulation.

I hate it when people have to have everything all neat and tidy.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.