View Poll Results: Are you generally on time?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 33.33%
  • No

3 14.29%
  • yes only on work things

2 9.52%
  • I am ALWAYS on time

3 14.29%
  • I am NEVER on time

5 23.81%
  • I am here to nag about others

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you on time?

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the situation. For any meeting/appointment I'm almost always on time, usually on the minute. For stuff where you have to find a nice spot like a class then I'll be there 10-20 minutes early. For work related stuff 0-15 minutes early. I can count on my hands the times I've been late for whatever. I seldom forget or oversleep for an appointment, but if I do I just run all the way there and make it on time anyways.

As for measuring how much time things will take me, I'm usually very conservative in my estimates, normally it takes me a considerably less than I thought to finish a task.
    I am prone to procrastination but make it just fine to deadlines. I like the feeling of having run almost completely out of time. Times like those really make me give it 100%.

It bothers me a bit when people are late for hanging out but I really don't mind waiting lol.

My ILI Dad's perception of time may have rubbed off on me. Except he is patient and deliberate to the extreme.

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sense of time pretty is shaky. There are moments I can not look at the clock for awhile to then later know exactly when it is when I check it again. And once during my last job I had to make sure to do a bunch of things before I could clock out. I looked at the clock, tried to get a feel, then powered thru it all and I made it perfectly on time. I amazed myself so much that I even did a little dance. What a terrific trick! But it's just that, what might as well be a trick. For the most part time either seems to take forever or I expect things to be instantaneous. Or even more so, it feels like it does not exist.

I am never late to anything now. But that's only because I'm always an hour early and use the remaining time to dick around on my phone, believing I was wise with how I expended that time. I feel there's not much need to focus on time for this reason - there's simply just always something to distract myself with. And if I need help discernming how long someone will take, I just ask someone. Regardless, I tend to feel that time is actually pointless to estimate when one is basically unaware of everything around the environment, such as myseld. I could estimate it takes about an hour to bus from place to another. But in what context? Is it snowing? Am I eating? What if the bus driver picks up two people in wheel chairs? What if I forgot what street the place is on? I don't even know most roads and streets! All these hinder my potentially adept usage of time. I'll say it again, any time I complete a task I'm not used to and do it with perfect timing is miraculous to me.

I wish I was a bit smarter with time though. If I wanted to, I could create a schedule where I learn something each morning, do a chore, and do one of my hobbies. But nope, I'm lazy and stuck in my habits. I shower, bus, wait for an hour before work to look at stupid stuff on my phone and listen to the same songs ad nauseam. It really sucks because I would hate it if I was working in my 40s and I was even more out of touch with my passions all just because I haven't used time wisely.

But I don't like thinking about time too much, fucks with my mood. As long as it's bright and sunny out and a good song to listen to, that's how I can vibe.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm always late. Don't know why. I just prefer it

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Usually I'm on time and puntcual.

I have a good feel for how much time has passed over a period of time and check time often.

My friend who I type as ILI, interestingly enough*, says he trouble with time. But when I questioned him on this and dug deeper into what he meant, he seems to mean trouble remembering dates in the order in which they happened, which isn't the same thing.

*I say "interestingly" because in socionics Ni is "time intuition" and he says he has trouble with time even if "time intuition" is his lead function. But he seems to understand "time" as something else in this case.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually am quite punctual, biggest deviation might be 5-15 minutes late if there's no exceptional event preventing me for arriving on time.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i used to worry about the social message i sent by always being overly early to things

post brain injury/accentuated c subtype, i'm still generally on time, maybe 5-10 over

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    brain injury/accentuated c subtype
    This deserves a quote
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being on time is fun, but the only thing even better is being on time with barely enough time to get ready. Life is boring enough that I have to use deadlines for adrenaline rushes.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm usually on time or a bit early.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can track time very well yet am still always late. Lol. 5-10 minutes late is a permanent personality trait of mine.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends congratulate me when I arrive only 5 or 10 minutes late.
    But I'm trying to improve because I feel bad making others wait, considering that I absolutely HATE when others make me wait.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I make sure to be at least 15 minutes early for things I need to arrive on time for. I am rarely late to anything.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

im often late because in the last moments before i gotta be ready im always like oh maybe i should drink a protein shake before leaving so that i wont get hungry later, or maybe i need to shave my beard a bit better or some shit like that. always in the last moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12