Thread: Evaluations of Attractiveness Scale Test

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Evaluations of Attractiveness Scale Test

This is an interactive version of the Evaluations of Female Attractiveness Scale.

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/EFAS/

This is an interactive version of the Evaluations of Male Attractiveness Scale.

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/EMAS/
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The female one was way more in-depth.

These are your results on the Evaluations of Female Attractiveness Scale. The EFAS measures two scales: Appearance Perception Factors 1 and 2. Scores are adjusted so the average score is 100 and they fall between 55 and 145. Your scores are graphed below, and below the graph is a guide for interpreting APF1 and APF2.

APF1 (your score: 109)

APF1 could possibly be described as a preference for unconventionality. APF1 is measured by items that contrast a typically feminine woman with one who has an alternative look.
    In the table below are two of the items used to measure APF1, in each of the examples, individuals who score higher in APF1 have a relative preference for the individual on the right.
    Example 1 Example 2
    APF1 has significant correlations with personality. Individuals who score higher in APF1 are more likely to be politically liberal and artistic.
    APF2 (your score: 90)

APF2 could possibly be described as a preference against overt sexuality.
    In the table below are two of the items used to measure APF2, in each of the examples, individuals who score higher in APF2 have a relative preference for the individual on the right.
    Example 1 Example 2
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For males:

These are your results on the Evaluations of Male Attractiveness Scale.

The EMAS measures one variable, traditionalism. Your score was 69/100 where 100 is the highest possible score and 0 is the lowest. Individuals high in traditionalism prefer traditionally masculine men and are inclined to not be extremely comfortable with sexuality. Individuals low in traditionalism are attracted to a wider selection of men and are inclined to appreciate tattoos.

For females:

APF1 (your score: 99)

APF1 could possibly be described as a preference for unconventionality. APF1 is measured by items that contrast a typically feminine woman with one who has an alternative look.
    In the table below are two of the items used to measure APF1, in each of the examples, individuals who score higher in APF1 have a relative preference for the individual on the right.

APF2 (your score: 90)

In the table below are two of the items used to measure APF2, in each of the examples, individuals who score higher in APF2 have a relative preference for the individual on the right.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have to say I don't really completely understand the results...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

APF1 (your score: 99)

APF1 has significant correlations with personality. Individuals who score higher in APF1 are more likely to be politically liberal and artistic.
    APF2 (your score: 112)

The examples shown for APF1 were wrong. I didn't prefer them; I'm pretty sure I answered that I preferred the opposite, actually. And I don't at all think of myself as disliking sexuality. But these were the results.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EMAS measures one variable, traditionalism. Your score was 63/100 where 100 is the highest possible score and 0 is the lowest. Individuals high in traditionalism prefer traditionally masculine men and are inclined to not be extremely comfortable with sexuality. Individuals low in traditionalism are attracted to a wider selection of men and are inclined to appreciate tattoos.

lol the male one says like nothing... really i don't know that this was measuring my "traditionalism" anyway. i am looking trying to figure out who someone is from a picture and if i like who they are. there are some packages i don't like but i mean just as an example there are plenty of "traditional man looking" ESE and LSE that i would be absolutely miserable with. it doesn't matter that they look "masculine" lol. one hits my polr and the other is actually really emo in a way that doesn't quite work with me. i know to beware the EJ temperament and i find both Si EJ often to like blunder about terribly and they could cut their activities in half and still accomplish the same results. /hides as a biased evil creature misusing socionics!/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EMAS measures one variable, traditionalism. Your score was 72/100 where 100 is the highest possible score and 0 is the lowest. Individuals high in traditionalism prefer traditionally masculine men and are inclined to not be extremely comfortable with sexuality. Individuals low in traditionalism are attracted to a wider selection of men and are inclined to appreciate tattoos.
    I would have expected a much lower score than 72.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a 66/100 and I didn't get the graph stuff in my result at all

so moderately masculine? If so, seems correct. Got 69/100 second time

The EMAS measures one variable, traditionalism. Your score was 69/100 where 100 is the highest possible score and 0 is the lowest. Individuals high in traditionalism prefer traditionally masculine men and are inclined to not be extremely comfortable with sexuality. Individuals low in traditionalism are attracted to a wider selection of men and are inclined to appreciate tattoos.