Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEAD, I'm going to punch your fat head in...

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Exclamation DEAD, I'm going to punch your fat head in...

Okay, I have pretty much pinned down and accepted the fact that I am a Beta ST, according to Aushra's model and I do struggle with Ne and Fi infinitely.

But am I LSI or SLE?

[Discuss, ask questions, build arguments and I will dissect] Vibes are NOT a valid argument, need evidence.

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you or are you not extroverted?

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great View Post
    Are you or are you not extroverted?

1. Socially, I'm pretty introverted but cognitively, I would say I am pretty ambiverted, which is where my issue lies.

2. I use a great deal of Se, as is evidenced by wanting control of the environment around me, and organising it effectively.

2a. I am also inclined to use a great deal of Ti alongside the Se to:
    i) make sense of the world
    ii) systematically order/organise it
    iii) restore order in terms of "logical rules"

I'm not sure if this makes me SLE-Ti or LSI-Se.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You are SLE-Ti. No LSI has ever really asked me to spend time alone with them before, I think that would weird them out too badly lol. I know my reasonings for thinking u are SLE-Ti are almost completely 4D Fi and probably hurt ur Fi polr though... when I try to explain them, they aren't logical based- more vibe/emotional energy patterns.

I'll try to be more logical about it later maybe. but yeah dual > activity.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I um see DEAD as SEE /hides/

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    You are SLE-Ti. No LSI has ever really asked me to spend time alone with them before, I think that would weird them out too badly lol. I know my reasonings for thinking u are SLE-Ti are almost completely 4D Fi and probably hurt ur Fi polr though... when I try to explain them, they aren't logical based- more vibe/emotional energy patterns.

I'll try to be more logical about it later maybe. but yeah dual > activity.
    Yes, you can do that. You are one of the reasons why I am convinced I am Beta ST > SF. It's logically natural. I don't get the same stability and linear connection from any other type, except the two Beta NFs. Gamma NT are connected differently to me in the system of ITR. It's not dualised.

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I um see DEAD as SEE /hides/
    No one has ever given me a proper, fully fleshed out logical reason for SEE with good examples. Not just you.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    No one has ever given me a proper, fully fleshed out logical reason for SEE with good examples. Not just you.
    i'm sorry I can't. I don't have creative Te.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

i'm sorry I can't. I don't have creative Te.

Very sarcastic and not a good excuse

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When writing me you seemed pretty analytical, but not introverted.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    When writing me you seemed pretty analytical, but not introverted.
    Yeah, I am a pretty analytical person and expand on the not introverted point, please? In what way?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sarcastic and not a good excuse
    but it's not an excuse I don't know if any explanation would satisfy you? I do believe I could be wrong about this, if that helps. What I know most clearly is you are EP temperament and definitely not ILE. IEE is also unlikely. I think you are probably Se ego and you agree with that? I just can't explain easily. And even if I tried it would fail.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am a pretty analytical person and expand on the not introverted point, please? In what way?
    Usually when I'm writing an introvert I control the conversation. Or I understand that I can control the conversation if I want to. With you, you were more in control of the conversation.

Well, maybe I just think I'm in control of the conversation with introverts.
    If I look at all my conversations with introverts and compare it to all my conversations with extroverts, you seem more extroverted to me.

-Krishna

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, you are a delta NF with a brain tumor.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

but it's not an excuse I don't know if any explanation would satisfy you? I do believe I could be wrong about this, if that helps. What I know most clearly is you are EP temperament and definitely not ILE. IEE is also unlikely. I think you are probably Se ego and you agree with that? I just can't explain easily. And even if I tried it would fail.
    You could even give something simple, like Chriscorey did below:

Usually when I'm writing an introvert I control the conversation. Or I understand that I can control the conversation if I want to. With you, you were more in control of the conversation.

Well, maybe I just think I'm in control of the conversation with introverts.
    If I look at all my conversations with introverts and compare it to all my conversations with extroverts, you seem more extroverted to me.
    I see, that makes sense. In control in a logical, or Se sense?

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    No, you are a delta NF with a brain tumor.
    Impossible, Delta NF don't have brains to begin with

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se sense.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all fairness us ILE are known to simplify...

-Krishna

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE>LSI

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

In all fairness us ILE are known to simplify...
    Yeah, and people don't see that underneath the dumb stereotypes which are prepetuated by more extreme examples of ILE in pop culture, such as Rick Sanchez. Are there ILE like him? Yes. But do I think he should be held as the baseline, like the SLE who happen to enjoy fixing cars are? No. Are those activities that people with Se+Ti can gravitate towards? Of course. Like I have said many times before, it's about the IME. About how the person functions and makes sense of the world which is the most important thing. Not the stereotypes, nor the ITR. It's about programming on humans, not archetypes and there are many vairables that need to be organised and made sense of within the context of socionics. Like many subjects/topics with raw data analysis, there are going to be some anomalies within the graphs, aside from the average and the low end of the types. Subtypes can help explain the differences to a degree, as can other established elements.

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    SLE>LSI
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Even if you do you won’t be listened to lol the game is rigged inumbra.
    The game has been rigged from the start, since everyone started putting biases into the equation.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Hm hm hm I wonder who actually put the bias in the equation

Well, both sides. One side is biased toward the SEE typing, the other the SLE. If we want to be precise.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default Equations:

Aren't you tired of those sides? Just claim LSI, that's what I did for ESI. Or trade your type with me, I'm open for ESI takers!
    If I'm being honest, I know I value Se, have weak Ne and Fi, which rules out any Alpha and Delta Type, and strong SF Gamma type, due to the Fi.

Out of that, that leaves: SLE, LSI, IEI and EIE as well as ILI and LIE. My Fe isn't strong (either 1D/2D), which takes Beta NF out of the running.

Although I have strong Si, I don't value it like Se, so that means that it's either Demonstrative (4D, strong, unvalued) Ignoring (3d, unvalued), Role (2D, unvalued) or PoLR (1D, unvalued and weak).

On top of that, I think that my Ni is weak, but valued, which leaves it between Beta ST as my most likely type. Out of the functional order and functions being valued, that leaves SLE > LSI > LIE > ILI as my most probable types. You can see that despite having Strong Si and Te being the most probable of the 4D/3D functions, they are "unvalued, thus Delta ST is left out of the running. But if we were going by function strength, regardless of value, then it would be (most likely): SLE> LSI > LSE> SLI.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

There you go, SLE. Have you thought why you keep on doubting your type?
    It's more to do with the fact that I am more:

• Calculated
    • Analytical
    • Less impulsive, irl
    • I don't really "seek" Ni, I'm more into seeking Fe.

The points that contradict this are:

• I can be more unhinged online (I think this is more me winding down than focusing, and having a bad week irl, and having genuine difficulty with processing/forming relationships and emotions)
    • IEI seem to mesh better with me than EIE in terms of "completion", which I think is a better word than duality *

* I know that ITR aren't the end all and be all, but from observation, it seems that way.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with @BandD, I think you are SLE-Ti

I thought you were SLE-Se but, thinking about it more, I am pretty sure you are SLE-Ti. Most likely Dominate or Creative.

I can't see you as Gamma as you really dislike Fi. ALways going after that EII meat

You seem to have 4D Te and 3D Si in my opnion. Why? First, you get pissy at my grammar and spelling lol (im not offended I have accepted my shit weakness). Like ILE with Te, you're not afraid to instruct nor help in that area. You want to help but not take charge nor do you seem overly offend by it if I were to turn my nose up on it lol. If you were an LSI, you would rather take control of your ignoring when pushed to it. I get like that with Se.

You don't seem to get very controlling in a Te way or get on the offensive when pushed to it. I can see that with Si. I also view ignoring as the "fantasy function" in terms, I 'fantasize" about Se stuff, like being a badass assassin or pushing to the limits when I cant, but I will always choose Si instead. In daily life, I will always choose Si. You have always seemed the opposite to me in that regard. You don't seem to play around with Si that much and enjoy it in a minimal way. If you were LSI, I think you would be more...understanding and appreciative of Si if that makes sense? Especially when you mentioned on that chat one time about engaging in some Si stuff for a day.

You don't come across as a Ti dom to me. After watching @myresearch and @FreelancePoliceman interact on here and seeing their thought patterns, I cant see you as a Ti dom. You are obviously rational without a doubt. Just, the underlying thinking patterns and orientation towards Fe is different.

You are also more sensitive to Fi then an LSI and you wouldn't care about it as much if you were an LSI. In the sense, I think we are more vulnerable and aware of our POLR then we would like to admit. We lookout for that information more then we realize. I get that way with Te and can get overly rigid with it. You also seem to have a stronger distaste for Fi then Ne. Plus, you are very much Fe seeking. More so then SLE-Se. While you often Ni seek, even this post I would categorize this as Ni-seeking, you also need strong Fe approval of the group overall. Though, I think you are dual Ni seeking at the end of the day. I mean, you worship the wonderful @BandD lol

You hate Ne but you seem to be able to be a little more flexible in it then you realize. Therefore, not a POLR. You are able to recognize a lot more "possibility" then most SLE I know. You don't like it but you are at least aware. Plus, I think you would be living in a bunker right now with Ne POLR

We also get along pretty well. I know I tease but it is out of Fe care As an SEI-Fe, I tend to get along best with Ti doms and subtypes. I don't really see the benefit relation between the two. It feels more like a mirage at times. I kinda want to automatically help you with Si, Fe, and Fi. I think you kinda do the same for me sometimes with you're Se, Ti, and Te. But we are not duals so we are both looking for that Ni/Ne guidance but are not getting that from one another I can try and Ni but its wonky at best

That is my general perspective.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

/thread
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I agree with @BandD, I think you are SLE-Ti

I thought you were SLE-Se but, thinking about it more, I am pretty sure you are SLE-Ti. Most likely Dominate or Creative.

I can't see you as Gamma as you really dislike Fi. ALways going after that EII meat

You seem to have 4D Te and 3D Si in my opnion. Why? First, you get pissy at my grammar and spelling lol (im not offended I have accepted my shit weakness). Like ILE with Te, you're not afraid to instruct nor help in that area. You want to help but not take charge nor do you seem overly offend by it if I were to turn my nose up on it lol. If you were an LSI, you would rather take control of your ignoring when pushed to it. I get like that with Se.

You don't seem to get very controlling in a Te way or get on the offensive when pushed to it. I can see that with Si. I also view ignoring as the "fantasy function" in terms, I 'fantasize" about Se stuff, like being a badass assassin or pushing to the limits when I cant, but I will always choose Si instead. In daily life, I will always choose Si. You have always seemed the opposite to me in that regard. You don't seem to play around with Si that much and enjoy it in a minimal way. If you were LSI, I think you would be more...understanding and appreciative of Si if that makes sense? Especially when you mentioned on that chat one time about engaging in some Si stuff for a day.

You don't come across as a Ti dom to me. After watching @myresearch and @FreelancePoliceman interact on here and seeing their thought patterns, I cant see you as a Ti dom. You are obviously rational without a doubt. Just, the underlying thinking patterns and orientation towards Fe is different.

You are also more sensitive to Fi then an LSI and you wouldn't care about it as much if you were an LSI. In the sense, I think we are more vulnerable and aware of our POLR then we would like to admit. We lookout for that information more then we realize. I get that way with Te and can get overly rigid with it. You also seem to have a stronger distaste for Fi then Ne. Plus, you are very much Fe seeking. More so then SLE-Se. While you often Ni seek, even this post I would categorize this as Ni-seeking, you also need strong Fe approval of the group overall. Though, I think you are dual Ni seeking at the end of the day. I mean, you worship the wonderful @BandD lol

You hate Ne but you seem to be able to be a little more flexible in it then you realize. Therefore, not a POLR. You are able to recognize a lot more "possibility" then most SLE I know. You don't like it but you are at least aware. Plus, I think you would be living in a bunker right now with Ne POLR

We also get along pretty well. I know I tease but it is out of Fe care As an SEI-Fe, I tend to get along best with Ti doms and subtypes. I don't really see the benefit relation between the two. It feels more like a mirage at times. I kinda want to automatically help you with Si, Fe, and Fi. I think you kinda do the same for me sometimes with you're Se, Ti, and Te. But we are not duals so we are both looking for that Ni/Ne guidance but are not getting that from one another I can try and Ni but its wonky at best

That is my general perspective.
    You make some great points, Ducki. Thanks for your valued response. I'd like to add a few things though:

1. I used to think I was Se sub, but I realised how I still yearn for organisation, rather than just flat out ploughing into things with attack. It's like the Se has a heavy tint of Ti, if that makes sense. It seems like Se is the main outer ring, focus and the interior is the Ti under the Se.

indexxx.png
    If you look at the stucture of the Valued (blue) sections and the unvalued (orange) sections of the psyche, and 4D Se/4D Te being the ones with the most coverage, you can see how the average psyche in the SLE is -supposed- to manifest itself, based on value, coverage area and strength/usage. The Se sub would have even more and Te space used up and less Ti space, more than likely. It would have some of the Ti and Si sucked away. It would be more of an expansive type, imo. Also, imagine that Se has more area taken yup, too lazy to redraw that, but you get the idea.

2. Yeah, lol. My Dad's LIE and even his Fi annoys me. ESI-Fi are so annoying to me, tbh.

3. Yeah that's a general pet peeve of mine lol. I want to instruct you, yes. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty in that aspect. I am a bit of a control freak, yeah, but I'm not gonna snap your neck if you don't accept my help. Mostly

4. Yeah, my LIE Dad can be a SUPER control freak at times lol. I think he is also Te subtype, but he has a healthy dose of Ni. His plans are a lot more long-term and detailed than mine will ever be. He's all about timing and I'm not lol. I think my love of food/creating recipes with a combination of similar ingredients i.e. pineapple yogurt porridge, strawberry bagels etc. is my Si coming out, and wanting to watch TV series/videos after my daily grind as well. I like to relax and be a lazy bastard, but I'd rather get things done first you know? xD

5. That is a reasonable point, but don't forget that they are both most likely LII. You have been observing your activity partners more than LSI (but tbf, we don't have many active LSi here do we?).

6. Yeah, I used to be called and think I was Ti PoLR because I wasn't being overly rational here about the theory, but I realised that it was me not understanding the theory enough due to being a lazy bastard and not studying it indepth enough, and not critically examining what I knew. But once i understood what Fi and Ti actuall were, I figured out the Fi i tried to force when I was "SEE" was stressing me out. And having watched some of the Vampire Diaries and this show Gang Related I'm watching now with BAndD, I've realised that ESI-Fi are blergh to me (not as bad as EII, though), especially when they have strong morals and senses of justice. I want to punch some logic into them, especially when they go on their won moral crusades. No. As for Fe group approval, I'm pretty much a lone wolf. I do enjoy the group's company at times, but I'm not really seeking their approval most of the time (this could be seen as a rare example I guess). And BAndD is pretty cool, ok? Honestly? I can sniff out EIE and IEI very well to activate/dualise with. Maybe EIE would be the more overbearing of the two to dualise with.

7. That's interesting you say that. I've always thought of myself as a pretty rigid person, and joking aside about the Ne PoLR living in the bunker but I think that Ne is more hopeless in xSI, if that makes sense. It confuses and annoys them, with all the potential shooting out. As Ji is the antithesis to Pe, and vice versa, the differing energy sources and flows can cause a sort of meltdown in the circuitry after a while, if the currents are fighting against each other. They need a linear, direct current in order to survive.

8. Of course we get on well xD We would have to, after all the meat exchanges lol. Joking aside, interesting that you say that. Yeah, you can't get Ne from me, and I can't get Ni from you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    SLE

/thread
    Do I activate you, bb?

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

It’s been a while since I have replied to this thread, and I have calmed down a lot. I’m also less depressed and more functional, and in a good rhythm so I am gonna use this questionnaire, because the other one was badly translated and made no sense. Here it is:

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I have no idea, but I think that I would try and make sense of things because I would be confused why this so called person who “loved” me wouldn’t tell me about their cancer. I’d think about the events leading up to it, and try to connect them to what was happening. What the cause of the break up was. What is the most likely reason.

I think that I would be confused because they just up and left me and didn’t tell me about the cancer. If they aren’t answering me or giving me a reasoning, then I will continue to be confused. I would want to know why they broke up with me, instead of telling me and I’d probably press for a bit until I got the answer.

The motivations behind this are the sudden break up. Why not tell me? I want to know the truth, and where we stand. I don’t like it when people suddenly leave me out of nowhere. I want to know the reasons why. I don’t usually know the reasons. I’m generally not very good at keeping relations in general or forming bonds.

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

What does this question even mean? I think it’s poorly defined, unless you mean "am I focusing my feelings inward or outwardly to decipher the scenario?" I think that I’d be more inclined to focus on the outward reaction so that I can understand things better.

I’m not good at the whole ‘mind reading’ thing and understanding people’s intentions and true moral fibre and character all of the time. I tend to avoid people and analysing them for long periods of time.

I mean, I have opinions on things and occasionally would make comments that are considered "judgemental” to a point but aren’t really character judgments. I haven’t actually assessed the person to make one. It’s mostly just me making jokes about dumb things they wear, and say. It’s superficial and for a laugh.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

I would probably question them more and ask them why the needed the extra help, when everyone else can get on fine. I’d also ask them why they took on the class if they found it hard, and why they didn’t switch to something easier. I’d question them a bit, and poke them. It doesn’t make sense for someone to take a class that’s too challenging for them, or something that they’re lagging behind in. Especially if the end semester test is the difference between passing or failing.

If they gave me an excellent reason i.e. money concerns, the class is necessary for my degree etc, I might consider helping them, but if it’s a lame reason and they have been slacking, then I probably wouldn’t help them. I think that’s also stupid because they should have invested that time into studying and saved their partying for the next weekend.

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

I find it very suspicious that they’ve come to me after all this time looking for help. They have had all year to come to me, so why are they trying to take advantage of me at this late point?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

I’d also want to know what they were doing, and why they couldn’t understand it. What methods they were using etc. I mean, if someone as average as me can understand it and probably get most of the answers right, what are they doing? If it was course related, then why didn’t they figure out the course wasn’t for them before that? I want to make sense of it all, and why they are coming to me this late.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

Project one because it has a point to it, logically speaking. Although I don’t always like working with people and having many ideas going at once, it makes sense to go for the group project if it actually did things and made an impact in the company. It would be worth the effort if everything was organised competently, and everyone knew their roles and what the end result was, and the kind of information they were researching etc, if the project was broken down properly and roles were delegated (that’s how I would do it anyway).

If I knew what I was doing, I could go off and work on that part alone, and analyse everything and work out what needs to be done and then come back the next day with everyone else and pies everything together so far. From past experiences, it works out smoother that way in terms of organisation and work flow.

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

In terms of the effort - outcome ratio, it makes sense to pick that job as well. Why waste time on something that requires a lot of effort with little outcome, compared to task two? Doesn’t make sense at all. Project two sounds more like a hobby that is done in your spare time, rather than a full-scale project that a business would spend/waste resources on in comparison to project one. I would also be questioning what the sense of doing project two was on the overall business, specially if it was a more vague job that may/may not have an impact on the business and moving it forward.

Understanding things and figuring out how they work in order to solve a problem that doesn’t need solved, is vague, or is meaningless and doesn’t get you anywhere much is stupid. It’s a waste of energy as well. It’s better to focus your energy on things that need done because those have a point and need prioritised and maintained much more than the pointless ones to keep things running.

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

If they are idea people, I would want to organise the ideas in order of relevancy to the project on the page. I would also want to eliminate the terrible ideas, and pick the best one (all in agreement of course). I think organising the ideas is important so that we all know what we are striving for, as his having an overall theme.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

I am more of an organiser and an implementer than an ideas person, to be honest. I’m not very creative in that way. I like to refine things and organise them and make something new through editing. I am quite a remixer and a creator that way. Also, organising things ensures that we know what we’re doing and can keep the project going. It is also more efficient this way in terms of completing the project and not backtracking on it.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

I enjoy listening to music, mostly weird music that is different and doesn’t really always follow a complete structure, and I can just look at it and enjoy the crazy visuals. It’s my way of letting go, and refreshing my mind and not thinking for a while, after thinking about things and doing things. Lets me loosen up a bit too. I find listening to stuff like CA7RIEL, BBNO$, “Meme songs”, Arca, Conan Osiris, Mahmood and Sevdaliza are good for stuff like that. It also engages creativity in the loosen, ‘unconscious’ mind at times.

At times, I like to drink as well when I listen to music. It lets me get into it and focus on the madness more and not overanalyse things.

I like to watch TV shows and YT videos to unwind and relax for similar reasons. But sometimes I deliberately watch terrible shows to analyse and make fun of them, or videos of people analysing them and making fun of them. At the moment, I am doing that to Roswell, NM.

I like to also write stories and plan them in my free time. Unleash some pent up creativity whilst doing so.

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

All those things mentioned above that I don’t have to use much brain power on, or analyse much.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counsellor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counsellor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer, Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

To be honest, from what I have experienced and know, most career advisors aren’t that good at suggesting jobs, but for the sake of the hypothetical question, I will answer it. Alright, how much do they make? Will we say $100,000 each? (For arguments sake, ok). So now it’s up to what you find easiest for your current skillset and are competent enough at doing. Out of them all (in no particular order):

- Analyst
    I enjoy analysing things, specially data and finding trends in things, believe it or not. I like organising and sorting it out too. I find it all very interesting. And yes, I split this one into two separate jobs because I would like to be a data analyst, and that has nothing to do with computer programming, per se.

- Musician
    I actually tried this one as a course and got a qualification from it, and found out that I was very good at producing and composing music. I like to use DAWs and program beats in them and make music. I tried making a few full songs, and they need more work. I know quite a lot about how songs work, and are structured and I also know a bit about the industry. Also enjoyed researching and finding out about other music genres through it too.

- Scientist
    I like the researching and problem solving aspect of science, and discovering things. And making hypothesis and measuring things. Experiments seem cool as well. Also like the data aspect and reading papers as well.

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

It was easy because most of the jobs there are generic and not well thought out for questions like these (introverted/extroverted thinking, feeling). You could have went and picked two jobs each based on groups (NF, SF, ST, NT) to make it more balanced and give a better scope of types but anyway, it was easy for me to eliminate the jobs that involved caring about people and being around them too (child care, counsellor, teacher, actor, psychology and clergy) because I’m not good at that sort of thing. Those tap into my weaknesses, and I tend to get very tired dealing with people after a short period of time.

Being a lawyer and entrepreneur would be alright, but putting in the long hours would take a lot of investment and grunt work to get the businesses off the ground. There is a lot to learn and memorise for those jobs. Managing and delegating things would also be alright, but I think I’d need a bit of experience for that job.

Being an artist and a doctor would be alright too but I’d run out of ideas for the artist for concept pieces very fast. I’m not amazing at sculpting or drawing though. Being a doctor would also take a lot of memorising and knowing what to do in a crisis and under pressure (not good at that). You also have to help people and try to save them.

- Prioritise the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfilment and why?

Out of them all? I think that I would have to go with being a Musician because I have the most experience in that field already, and because it satisfies my programming, analysing and problem solving skills in the form of making music.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

The canyons and the contrast between the darkness and the light of the caves and the sunlight.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

Because of the contrast between the darkness of the night.

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

It’s just a photo I was made to look at, I don’t care for it.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vibes are NOT a valid argument, need evidence.
    Fe < Te

TIM
    ILI 5w4
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE is obvious

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're SEE. Accept it and embrace this new chapter in your life.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Fe < Te
    Care to read the whole thread, and not take one quote out of context and answer things seriously?

Also, it's Te > Fe, which would technically still be correct for SLE because their Te is 4d, but unvalued yes. Fe is 2D but valued. In terms of functional strength, that still stands as a point. If you mean terms of valued functions (which btw, you didn't specify) then that is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post
    SEE is obvious
    Lies, expand the analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by FrauenheldLo View Post
    You're SEE. Accept it and embrace this new chapter in your life.
    Outside of the meme "DEAD = SEE", I would like to hear how you came to that conclusion. I am curious, Bud. Not saying you are wrong.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Care to read the whole thread
    nah

Also, it's Te > Fe,
    Te > Fe = Fe < Te mr Ti polr

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE.

Moving this post to DMs, too personal to you for public probably.

Btw, sorry for the Fi-PoLR post. Lol if you're going to get type feedback though, that's all I can offer.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-29-2021 at 05:37 PM.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    nah

Te > Fe = Fe < Te mr Ti polr
    Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Fire View Post
    Btw, sorry for the Fi-PoLR post. Lol if you're going to get type feedback though, that's all I can offer.
    Thanks for the actual feedback in DMs. I will respond soon.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye.

Thanks for the actual feedback in DMs. I will respond soon.
    Hey, np.

Don't feed the trolls.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Fire View Post
    Hey, np.

Don't feed the trolls.

Still replying to you, been busy lol.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still replying to you, been busy lol.
    No rush, take your time.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stupid browser erased my response, ffs but I pretty much agree with everything you've said, especially in regards to the Fi PoLR. I'll probably try and reply again in a bit.

It’s the archaic system of the forums not being able to have a save message function implemented on them that annoys me the most. Functionality in the forums and the we’ve is alright and it’s easy to navigate aside from that, but again, this forum is 17 years old and not exactly adjusted to current needs.
    Always save a backup in Word. Or write your response in Word Online. I feel you though, that has happened to me as well. I agree with what you said about the archaic aspects as well. I won't complain too much though, since there's a work around and you can still use full sized avatars. Smh, it's one of the last social platforms where you actually can. Everywhere else forces the size dimensions and forces cropping. It really limits which aesthetics you can use, as not every image is able to look good once it's cropped.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nonverbal behavior is objective "evidence". Then it's mainly interpreted by N, and not by T as is mainly with common behavior and words. N is one of 4 equally important mind functions to deal with the reality.

Typing by intuitive impressions from nonverbal behavior (VI) is one of methods existing in Augustinavichiute's texts. She described such traits of types. Intuitive feeling of types traits is popular approach. Initial info about VI.
    It's not against normal psychology that personality traits can be expressed in nonverbal behavior specifics same as in common behavior specifics. Unlike with physiognomics VI which uses static body traits, what is much doubtful.
    That intuitive impressions from nonverbal behavior is working typing method was objectively proved in my experiment of 2015. It gave real typing matches (by random typers on random youtube bloggers) comparable to IRL interview and much higher than accidental (~17% > 6%).

So "NOT a valid" is your supposing results of this method as not meaningful.

In case you want be typed - make a video, so your nonverbal could be seen.
    Besides lack of a part of important data, those who know types theory may semi-intentionally (having wishes to have some types, for example to fit better an occupation or better IR with someone) significantly falsificate such data what reduces the chance for correct type. These 2 reasons together make typing of not well-known personally people by Internet without video as not reasonable practice. Sometimes photos are good enough too, mainly when those are many.

I suppose you want to get some concrete types:
    "the fact that I am a Beta ST"
    Fact is objectivity. There are no known objective traits to say 100% about some types. There are only probabilities based on _more common_ behavior of some types.
    To control your nonverbal behavior is much harder, unlike with what you say. So you may try to mislead by words to get wished types and more fail to get wished opinions by VI. Probably unwished types goten by VI predisposes you to reject VI without good rational reasons.

If you don't want to give normal data for your typing, what is videointerview. Then it's better to identify your type yourself.
    T types tend to do so after initial geting of opinions about own types and then reading theory themselves. Typing is T region, - where they are assured.
    It's more F types problem to ask about own types for too long, to trust too high some typer without objective reasons (when knowing about low typing matches and no objective proof of skills), to doubt in own types for years instead of noticing the needed data to understand the type, to reject some methods without adequate reasons, etc not so reasonable activity.

What you do is doubtful for T types. And seems you want get such opinions by irrational reasons and so hide important typing info about yourself. Or mb placed a video/photos in the past and now just want to get other types by more controlling ways from your side.
    Objectivity is not what you follow or mb want.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Nonverbal behavior is objective "evidence". Then it's mainly interpreted by N, and not by T as is mainly with common behavior and words. N is one of 4 equally important mind functions to deal with the reality.

Typing by intuitive impressions from nonverbal behavior (VI) is one of methods existing in Augustinavichiute's texts. She described such traits of types. Intuitive feeling of types traits is popular approach. Initial info about VI.
    It's not against normal psychology that personality traits can be expressed in nonverbal behavior specifics same as in common behavior specifics. Unlike with physiognomics VI which uses static body traits, what is much doubtful.
    That intuitive impressions from nonverbal behavior is working typing method was objectively proved in my experiment of 2015. It gave real typing matches (by random typers on random youtube bloggers) comparable to IRL interview and much higher than accidental (~17% > 6%).

So "NOT a valid" is your supposing results of this method as not meaningful.

In case you want be typed - make a video, so your nonverbal could be seen.
    Besides lack of a part of important data, those who know types theory may semi-intentionally (having wishes to have some types, for example to fit better an occupation or better IR with someone) significantly falsificate such data what reduces the chance for correct type. These 2 reasons together make typing of not well-known personally people by Internet without video as not reasonable practice. Sometimes photos are good enough too, mainly when those are many.
    That's not a very good explanation. I want to know what these nonverbal signals are and how they are determined. And who sets the criteria for them within the socionics system? They didn't just pull themselves out of thin air one day. How do you know that someone who raises their eyebrows is Fe, or people who aren't overly animated are said to be Fe devaluing, etc? Without a baseline to compare it to, and it being pulled out of your asshole, it has no consistency.

I don't want you to inaccurately type me based on some nonverbal cues, without analyzing the other content. You can not determine IR through a picture. It's a process of information. No amount of pictures is going to match people perfectly to their so-called 'dual'. The only way you can actually do it more accurately is by putting the theory to practice, and figuring out what works and what doesn't work.

I suppose you want to get some concrete types:
    "the fact that I am a Beta ST"
    Fact is objectivity. There are no known objective traits to say 100% about some types. There are only probabilities based on _more common_ behavior of some types.
    To control your nonverbal behavior is much harder, unlike with what you say. So you may try to mislead by words to get wished types and more fail to get wished opinions by VI. Probably unwished types goten by VI predisposes you to reject VI without good rational reasons.
    What the hell are you talking about here? Not a single person has VI'd me ever. You're also just assuming things here, and also assuming that your method is more important than the foundations of the theory itself. Okay, I admit that I might have overstepped a built by declaring Beta ST 'as a fact', but the more I think about it as a type in terms of the IMEs, then the more it makes sense over something like xEE or EIE. Nothing wrong with that making sense.

If you don't want to give normal data for your typing, what is videointerview. Then it's better to identify your type yourself.
    T types tend to do so after initial geting of opinions about own types and then reading theory themselves. Typing is T region, - where they are assured.
    It's more F types problem to ask about own types for too long, to trust too high some typer without objective reasons (when knowing about low typing matches and no objective proof of skills), to doubt in own types for years instead of noticing the needed data to understand the type, to reject some methods without adequate reasons, etc not so reasonable activity.

What you do is doubtful for T types. And seems you want get such opinions by irrational reasons and so hide important typing info about yourself. Or mb placed a video/photos in the past and now just want to get other types by more controlling ways from your side.
    Objectivity is not what you follow or mb want.
    Nope, I just want to think about things and decide for myself the best fit type and not be shoved into the wrong box. I don't hide important typing information about myself, and I don't care about controlling other people's perceptions of me. If anything, they're trying to control and push the indefinite narrative that "DEAD=SEE" when I have explained my stance multiple times. I do not trust their objective data at all. Why do you think I have made so many threads?

I also know that VI can be easily manipulated, especially with photos. NO two images will be the same, and you can easily manipulate images (i.e. lighting, changing your hair, different times of day, etc). And there is no one set behavior for set type either. As far as I am concerned, Socionics is about how people process information (IME) and how well they can process it (Dimensions) within the system (Socionics). Yes, there may be correlations between how X is and how X type is on the surface, but VI isn't always accurate. And even when you are doing a video questionnaire, you can only select questions from a certain scope of information, and a lot of that information can and will be biased. It's only within the confines of said data. Heavily controlled data.

Even within this reply, you are limiting the scope of accuracy by not actually thinking about all the factors involved. You're drawing to conclusions and assumptions too soon. I don't think that based on how I actually organize and process information in terms of function usage, I am an ethical type > logical type.

If you're just going to go by behaviors and VI as your chief typing method, then what is the actual point in working out the strength of IMEs and how people process information and their focus areas? Doesn't that nullify a lot of the actual theory itself?

And you have also assumed that I, a private person am not objective because I don't spill out my life on a socionics forum to strangers? No, that's not the way it works. Some people are private, and that has nothing to do with type. Maybe they aren't hiding or looking to change anything. Maybe they want to keep their real-life separate from their online life because of privacy concerns, or because they don't care about other people's opinions/reactions to how they live, etc.

There are plenty of t-types who make more than one thread, and who don't settle for vibes or opinions alone. They want to collect data, and they want to compare the data with their own understanding, which I am doing now. You also have made a lot of unclear assumptions about me that are incorrect, and that you are using as a basis to determine my type, which isn't how it works.

It's a system, and you can't break the chain. You can try and make the chain more accurate and stronger, but you can't break it. How someone acts is a [small] part of how they process information. Yeah, it can be a result of it, but most of the process takes place cognitively, within the mind. The final result has been processed to adapt to the outside world.

Also, I'm not rejecting your methods, I am questioning them. I want to know how they make sense. I question everything that I want to make sense of, in order for me to make sense of it. The reason why I reject any 4D Fe type (and especially SEE) is because I see contradictions between my own evaluations on how I use the functions, and what people see of me online. Something isn't lining up, and I think that's causing frustration. And people aren't reliable anyway. No one is really that consistent. They get swayed too easily. At least I am trying to make sense of why I think I am X type.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    SEE..with high IQ or something, maybe strong influence from another type. Or maybe you’re just well-developed in different areas. I guess you could be SLE but I feel a bit more wary of you than I do of SLEs on here. Which is a common semi-dual dynamic.
    See? You're basing that off 'vibes' and 'what you can see', and not actually properly measuring the ITR. How do you actually know that you're typed right as the baseline, and those SLE are actual SLE, and not another type?

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See? You're basing that off 'vibes' and 'what you can see', and not actually properly measuring the ITR. How do you actually know that you're typed right as the baseline, and those SLE are actual SLE, and not another type?
    I'll get back to you..It's an interesting question. I often talk to my friends/sister about socionics but it's really hard to convince them that it's real or explain the difference between types etc. I guess it comes with practice, but we also need better resources than we already have.

It was all way too much for me at first to get my head around...(nvm why, it just was..). I was just happy when I discovered Rebelondeck's posts and probably read every single one he ever posted as well as screenshotted them...because he was CLEVER and he simplified socionics down to something that resembled science/ or a sort of general wisdom. Most of what I know about socionics I know from him..then there are my own observations from typing and also stuff I pick up from various people on here. But yeah I'll try to explain why you are possiblyy SEE later.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 02-14-2022 at 08:55 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This mere affirmation is interesting by itself.

It shows a strong needs to have something that is solid or maybe explanable in words which is to me a indication that you could be SLE over LSI.

The LSI's introverted axis Ti-Ni is more encline to accept "vibes" things than the SLE's extraverted axis Se-Fe, a suggestive Ni could repress "vibes" and argument based about intuition. Besides, you ask others their opinion which could be a proof that you have a better Fe than a LSI who doesn't like ask others for advices or help.
    Last edited by Nicozeyo; 02-16-2022 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Grammar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast