Thread: Matthew Perry

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Matthew Perry

Watching Friends, what is this actor's type?

(Matt on left)

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think ni creative is a possibility?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibility? Sure. He has intuition in his ego block, that can be said.

Though I maybe mistaking the character he played in Friends with his actual, uh, personality. Chandler in Friends is for sure an ILE.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE-Te

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitive. LII or ILE.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love him!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this thread lit my curiosity and I remembered there was the Friends gag reel, I'm leaving only two of the videos here. You can see him more au naturel in that environment. He's personable and into people. Of all the members, he’s the most likely to waste money by taking precious filming time from the crew’s hands by intentionally sabotaging the lines and interjecting in a scene mid res when he’s not supposed to so that he can put on his own little show, and it's not always apparent in these videos but his comedy comes from other's mistakes and it's harmless. He has good mimicry and a relatively well-projected voice. He's EIE and probably C, maybe that's why I thought Alpha at first.

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I recall Matthew Perry, I think about his awful debate performance against Peter Hitchens. I like Matthew Perry, but he really seemed like a rambling alcoholic fighting a more serious opponent. Definitely not the best optics for him.