Thread: Eudaimonia's DCNH Poll

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Eudaimonia's DCNH Poll

I need input on my DCNH subtype. What am I? Questions are welcome.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eudaimonia

I'm quite skeptical about anything I've heard Victor Gulenko say... skeptical of DCNH because DCNH subtypes seem more fluid (they seem like they change more from my observations), unlike inert/contact which are more consistently observable through visual identification, auditory identification, and how someone thinks.. I don't trust his systems that much, all of them that I've seen are too general, somewhat difficult for me to understand because they're so general, and from what I can understand of them they seem like they're only 65% accurate. But since you asked, and since I enjoy expressing my thoughts and want to meet your request, here it is...

If going by Creative meaning C-type is more creative, original and focuses on Ne/Se, then you seem creative to me because you seem more Ne and Ep-temperament (you don't seem very Ej) for an EIE; EIE-Fe have better Ne and seem more tactical than EIE-Ni. You don't seem Dominant to me. You're REALLY don't seem normalizing. But I'm not 100% sure that you're not D, so... what are some contrasts between your behavior in real life and your behavior on the forum?

My tentative typing for you is Creative... do you want me to answer C in the poll option even though I'm really skeptical of the system it's based on and therefore not sure if my expressed thoughts are really the truth?

You definitely seem like the Fe subtype though, which is good.

I hope this helps, but I doubt it will.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 12-21-2021 at 03:20 PM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might either be Hd or Hc by DCNH.
    HD might make sense for the whole Se-base typing thingy, covered temperament is being applied towards the Super-ID > Ego, hence Hc would imply ID > Ego. Just to keep in mind that EIE-H is easily to be misunderstood as Ni-base due to the peculiar engagement towards the relaxation and balance of their own environment, while EIE-D might resemble Se-base due to their inclination towards leading or guiding others to achieve a certain goal or progress, thus EIE-C is easily a mistype Ne-base since the Ne is more accentuated that might look like IxE.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually prefer to work with IMs than with dichotomies for example. What I usually take from DCNH is one of those Gulenko's proposals that make sense; The idea that life conditions or social necessities strengthen some IMs over others.

I think it's probably difficult to determine this kind of subtype but if I had to guess yours I'd say you have either strengthened Se or Fe, meaning C or D subtype of ENFj.

Psychology BSc and statistics MSc Armitage's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 2w1-5 SX/so
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I need input on my DCNH subtype. What am I?
    A wonderful person.