Thread: What is your DISC type?

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Which Socionics type do you identify with, if you don't mind me asking?
    Some time ago I decided to keep a list of plausible types for myself, as I found it limiting when interacting on this site and any typology community. It seems pretty common that if you're discussing something on typology and the opposition cannot answer the main point, he or she will get to the lowest form of discussion which is personal attacks, which in these places seem to take the superficial form of battletyping, ignoring the original theme in favor of "you are not this type, you are the baddies type, so bad and so bad" directly making discussion impossible.

I cannot completely fit in every situation to the traits associated with X or Y sociotype, or what someone might expect from the type, and as socionics is completely subjective in experience and lacks a proper scientific validation for any indication or typing method, I cannot really decide about what should and shouldn't be taking into account from anything outside my own opinion and subjective experience, which sometimes seems to conflict with that of others, and most times I want to avoid getting into a discussion over it, when really I don't have an absolute self-typing without doubts.
    Also self-typings seem to predispose some people towards oneself, so I prefer to keep it to myself and if someone gets to some conclusion over it then I'll also have free typings.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park, thank you for including the links. I am still a bit confused though.

The issue I have with their 16 Personalities Test is that while it is based on Jung's dichotomies, its understanding of Si doesn't seem to match Jung's description of Si that is discussed on this forum. On the forum, Si is explained as internal impressions.

Instead the test goes with MBTI version of Si: conventional, orderly, tendency to default to known experiences and methods, set in its ways. I relate to aspects of "SJ" but I have understood these preferences to do mainly with "rationality" in socionics, not Si.

The reason I'm mentioning this is that ISFJ in the 16 Personalities test would translate to SEI in socionics, ISFP to ESI, and the result which you tend to get (ISTJ) to LSI. That's if the types are directly transferrable at all. It might not even matter or be relevant to this thread, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sah Kel Plaisir View Post
    Irrationality is a clearly expressed trait within me but I started working on being more conscientious. It may have influenced my results.
    I got ISTP on the MBTI test that you gave me . There is a strange association that is made in this test with Sensing and socionics extroverted thinking (people who are S are more likely to prefere dealing with facts/empirical evidences, it may be the reason why they typed Zucc ISTJ).
    I usually get IXXP on tests (INTP most of the time), so the result is not so abhorrent.

I agree that high S% seems ISXX since this description seems to describe someone who is enneagram 6/9 which is a very common enneatype for ISXX.

You can find other strange associations in their MBTI type descriptions : IXTP associated with D types, ESTP associated with S and C types and with enneagram 5...
    It doesn't make any sense .
    It might be similar with me, I try to improve precision because some work clients can be pedantic about details. I don't have anyone monitoring me, so have to be my own taskmaster That along with some OCD traits and preference for routine have led me to believe I'm a rational type in socionics.

I didn't notice a strange connection between the test's Sensing and socionics Te. Si in this test seems to be about being conventional and rule-bound, though.

Most of the responses to this thread so far have been from S and C types which I thought was interesting. Who are the D types?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Supporter - S

People with the S (Supporter) personality type tend to be calm, patient and respectful in their interactions with others. Rarely angered or excited, they are likely to work to maintain a peaceful and harmonious environment.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm offended. What sort of omega male is a Supporter?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the DISC test to see what I would get and I got these results. I've taken it before and I teeter between D and I usually.

These are the results from the OSPP DISC Assessment Test. The calculated scores for each type are shown below.

Your highest score was for Type D. There are a number of descriptions of your type on the internet.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That test sucks ass, obviously.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey I could see how you become a good manager lol the description seems like an embodiment of Christ or something
    lmao I'm no Christ but I remember one time another beta IEI male said I was like a 'McDonald's beta male middle manager' or something. I thought it was hilarious because it was true.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    Some time ago I decided to keep a list of plausible types for myself, as I found it limiting when interacting on this site and any typology community. It seems pretty common that if you're discussing something on typology and the opposition cannot answer the main point, he or she will get to the lowest form of discussion which is personal attacks, which in these places seem to take the superficial form of battletyping, ignoring the original theme in favor of "you are not this type, you are the baddies type, so bad and so bad" directly making discussion impossible.

I cannot completely fit in every situation to the traits associated with X or Y sociotype, or what someone might expect from the type, and as socionics is completely subjective in experience and lacks a proper scientific validation for any indication or typing method, I cannot really decide about what should and shouldn't be taking into account from anything outside my own opinion and subjective experience, which sometimes seems to conflict with that of others, and most times I want to avoid getting into a discussion over it, when really I don't have an absolute self-typing without doubts.
    Also self-typings seem to predispose some people towards oneself, so I prefer to keep it to myself and if someone gets to some conclusion over it then I'll also have free typings.
    Thank you for answering a bunch of questions I didn't ask, Mr. Editor.

As a side note, I find it kind of funny that you're so comfortable and nonchalant about your DISC type, yet so reluctant to say which Socionics type(s) you identify with.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    The issue I have with their 16 Personalities Test is that while it is based on Jung's dichotomies, its understanding of Si doesn't seem to match Jung's description of Si that is discussed on this forum.
    I would say their definitions (and system in general) probably match Jung's cognitive functions more closely than MBTI. They seem to have a simplified but more concise system.

Instead the test goes with MBTI version of Si: conventional, orderly, tendency to default to known experiences and methods, set in its ways.
    What makes you think they associate these things (and I'm assuming you are deducing this from the questionnaire) with Si, and not Te, or Judging?

That's if the types are directly transferrable at all
    They aren't. MBTT and Socionics are completely different systems, they just draw from the same source to establish their foundations. They both add their own spin to Jung's work and expand on it in different ways. Hence, their types are not interchangeable.

I haven't bothered to read through many of Crystal's descriptions, but if I'm getting pegged as ISTJ this probably means their interpretations of Si and Te are closer to Jung and possibly Socionics, than they are to MBTI.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Counselor - Si (81%)

People with the Si personality type tend to be even-tempered and accepting. Empathetic and supportive, they may seek to help others frequently and sincerely.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for answering a bunch of questions I didn't ask, Mr. Editor.

As a side note, I find it kind of funny that you're so comfortable and nonchalant about your DISC type, yet so reluctant to say which Socionics type(s) you identify with.
    For the DISC type there's no absolute judgement and I don't have to get it definitive, I consider it mostly secondary. With socionics, personal experience and ITR tell me it's probably more important when determining personality, and socionics forums or communities tend to take out the worst characters in it's participants, making it impossible to discuss some personal typings seriously without personal attacks and all sort of things that contribute nothing, that's why I'm more reluctant to say my list of self-typings specially in socionics forums.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say their definitions (and system in general) probably match Jung's cognitive functions more closely than MBTI. They seem to have a simplified but more concise system.
    What makes you think they associate these things (and I'm assuming you are deducing this from the questionnaire) with Si, and not Te, or Judging?
    That's a good point. I realised I can't isolate many examples for you, because the cognitive functions have topics/concerns in common and I can't always tell which dichotomy is being tested.

From the questionnaire I supposed that: "commits" (vs. keep options open) and "accepts things as the way they are" could both be testing for Si.
    Or, they could be testing for Ne. Or neither - they could be testing for rationality.

To go slightly off-topic... when I mentioned above that cognitive functions have topics in common, was sort of thinking of how strong Si can mean a person does not want to overdo things or strain themselves. Strong Te can mean a person calculates whether an exercise is worth the effort. The same end result could have been arrived at by use of either or both of these cognitive functions.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thistle Don't forget that the rationality/irrationality dichotomy only exists in Socionics and is not to be conflated with Judging/Perceiving in MBTI. Or if you do refer to them by the same nomenclature, remember they mean different things.

TIM
    ESFp-Fi 7w8 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Di-Driver

People with the Di (Driver) personality type are typically assertive, capable of putting themselves forward boldly, and resistant to influence from others. Convincing others to work toward their goals, they may be seen as decisive, forceful, and persuasive

I score this an ID-Influencer on different tests pretty regularly
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post

This technically means phlegmatic-melancholic.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was defeated by the first question. I think any combination of answers for it would be about as justified as any other.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    This technically means phlegmatic-melancholic.
    Thank you
    I self type as Phlegmatic Sanguine

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    Thank you
    I self type as Phlegmatic Sanguine
    That's understandable.
    I did say that because I'm a self-type Planner/Sc or, in other words, Phlegmatic-Melancholic according to temperaments blend.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got SC, the stabilizer. I thought it was a meh result so I checked around and did enneagram and 16-personality tests.
    I got 5 and INFP.
    SC is linked to e6 and ISFJ, ISTJ.
    E5 is linked to C(analyst), Cd(skeptic), CD(questioner), Dc(architect) and ESTP, INTJ, INTP, ISTJ.
    INFP is linked to IS(harmonizer), Si (counselor) and e4, e9.

Maybe ISTJ appearing twice makes it the winner, but since it's not socionics, is it SiTe or TiSe?
    Maybe it's Maybelline?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My result seems to fit my job, but I'm not interested in rules...

TIM
    IEI-H 4w5 496 sx/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporter

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People with the Cs personality type tend to be more reserved and solitary. Editors typically limit their contact with others to interactions that are more structured than informal, so they may find themselves hesitant to join in casual group conversations.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, it would be helpful if you can post the wheel and/or the percentages/rankings of each trait. And state your Socionics type if it's not already apparent, so we can see the correlations.
    Architect (Dc)

Xxxx probably feels most comfortable when she is seeing constant growth and improvement around her. She tends to direct others easily and closely monitor results.

D - 64%
    I - 2%
    S - 4%
    C - 30%

Socionics type: I get LSI and SLE on tests.

Edit: Before doing the test, I did look at the wheel thingy and reading the labels, I did feel the most comfortable with Architect. Not a bad test I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by seeking it; 01-04-2023 at 06:06 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    DISC is just DCNH and 4 humors for corporate nerds. Debate me.

Anyways just took it right now. Got the skeptic...

Huh.
    I'll debate you. DCNH is just DISC and 4 humors.

They aren't. MBTT and Socionics are completely different systems, they just draw from the same source to establish their foundations. They both add their own spin to Jung's work and expand on it in different ways. Hence, their types are not interchangeable.

I haven't bothered to read through many of Crystal's descriptions, but if I'm getting pegged as ISTJ this probably means their interpretations of Si and Te are closer to Jung and possibly Socionics, than they are to MBTI.
    No. Their interpretations are MBTI. ISTJ is very rational, rigid in their description. So their functions do not match Jung's originals. Not that this is a problem as it's all just bullshit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12