Thread: ISTp's/Duals as friends?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTp's/Duals as friends?

Hey

Im just curious what Duals are supposed to be like as friends? I have had a number of experiences with ISTp's and they are very interesting.

ISTP #1

The very first ISTp i met was in grade 1. Somehow we ended up getting in a fight and we ended up in the principles office. We were made to shake hands and we were friends ever since. For most of my childhood we were very close. Around the age of 17 we had many adventures, driving off into the hills and sometimes skipping school etc. As time marched on, slowly we drifted apart. He started smoking heaps of dope and became very angry. Then he moved interstate. I went with a friend to visit him once and he took us for a drive skiing. I hadn't skiied for ages and when i got a leg cramp he got angry at me and skiied off and left me there.

That night in a bar he must have said something to set me off, so i told him that when i go back to my home town i never want to talk to him again. I saw him cry for the first time ever that night. I suppose now i realised that it would have hurt him a lot?

I have seen him a couple of times since hes been back. Both times he didn't really seem to happy to see me, but i think thats partially the ISTp way so i ignored it. Socionics helped me understand him a lot better which is a good thing.

Anyway now hes living back home again but we simply dont call each other so no luck there. I would always be there for him if he ever called me etc, i have always classified him as my friend.

ISTP #2
    A guy at work moved from another call centre to our call centre as their air conditioning is broken. Out of everyone he could have sat near he chose to sit near me . At first it was quite cool, we were laughing and talking etc. I very quickly identified him as an ISTp as he didn't talk too loud, he seemed to have a calm demeanor about him. Having him sit opposite me was quite calming. Quite often we wouldn't talk a great deal, we would just be quiet and do our work.

We had a few cool experiences. One day i came back from lunch and he had a new learner listening to his calls. He looked at me and i knew instantly what he was going to ask. I ended up training the newbie and he did some doco for me

Anyway he left yesterday to go back to the helpdesk. Over the last few days i have been really quiet and i haven't been that fun to sit next to. I kind of miss him a little though lol. I would never tell him that and im certian we will never even see each other again as im quitting soon.

Anyway i suppose i was wondering what everyones experiences are with Dual Friendships as i dont be seeming to have much luck with them.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one good friend who is an ISTp and a few acquaintances who are.

I think 17-year-olds can fight over a number of issues regardless of their types and socionics relationships. It could be if you had met when you were older things would have worked out differently.

I get along well with the ISTps I've met regardless of how we know each other. I think the new next door neighbor is an ISTp. I'm not sure. She's a crime scene investigator. Isn't that cool? There's also a guy down the street I think is ISTp. He owns a construction company. He comes over all the time if he sees me outside to chat. He only comes over if I'm outside though. LOL. Our neighborhood is really close-knit, which I love, so we get to know our neighbors really well.

I don't have anything else to contribute.

Oh wait, I changed my mind. So there's this dualization process or whatever, right? So maybe sometimes things don't get past that initial phase where you're not sure what to think of each other. Though maybe we'd recognize ISTps earlier so that would be easier? Although the first time I met the new neighbor next door, I thought, "Wow is she quiet. Doesn't she like me?" LOL. But then we had a neighborhood party and she pulled up a chair next to me, and stayed there. She's really cool.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. Hey words are overrated. I listen to people yabber on all the time about total crap. I think the Dali Llama said (I cant for the life of me find the quote) something like "He who talks much, rarely says anything"

or my mum just said

"Empty Vessels make the most noise".

Hehe quote central, mum just said "Still waters run deep" that describes an ISTp well i think.

Just an update. I smsed my ISTp friend about two days ago and said i would love to catch up for a beer. His reply was

"not doin so well with free time atm!!but il let u kno if i have any b4decemba!whats been happening anyway?

I had to laugh. He later replied and said they are going out for a beer soon so he will let me know. The other ISTp at work returned to his own call centre and has emailed the team leaders saying he wants to move. He has some hot birds in the other call centre but i think he misses the fun we create at our one

Lately i have been thinking an ISTp is like a wild stallion. You cannot control them, you have to work with them and they will let you ride them (yes i know that sounds dodgy)

Of course in reality its not always like that but its fun to dream.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin