Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you want to know?
    The girl looks like Si subtype of delta ST(I'd guess LSE-Si) and dude looks like a normalizing central 4D Fi type, so either ESI or IEI. I say looks like bc VI is so very inaccurate; how people process information isn't written on their forehead. I also get a sx/sp vibe from them.

What happened to her?
    Well, this isn't a forum for mentalists so we'll have to keep watching the news. I just watched a police report video and apparently they both had mental health problems like bipolar, their behaviour also looked like they were codependent. A multitude of scenarios is possible. Mb he dumped her and she's been off the grid to process; mb he just abandoned her and she's been kidnapped/killed as there are recent reports of young women being killed in the area.
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 09-16-2021 at 10:12 AM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg

I just came on here to make this exact same thread and someone beat me to it

I was thinking she could be SEE, and he IXI, but idk

I think they got in a fight, and she was probably all up in his face, and he decided to smack her, and smacked her too hard. Something like that. Maybe he left her body out there and is going to claim they got separated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-vanished.html

this is what makes me think that
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Well, this isn't a forum for mentalists
    Yeah, but it’s fun!
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean he seems kinda like a more chill guy to me and she seems like she wears the pants and he’s kinda following her around. And she did try to make him stop the car and get out, so it’s possible she walked off and got lost, but you’d think he’d report it very soon after he found he couldn’t find her. The fact that he isn’t talking to police doesn’t look good.
    Last edited by Aster; 09-16-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking SEE for her too. Not sure on BL. Probably some Ixxp.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol I haven't been keeping up with the news all that much. So I first saw this video and it's like I hated them. Nobody is that happy or fake- what narcissistic crap was I watching? I didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings- but it just seemed...off. Then yeah, I dug deeper- I read the police report and the Te news. lol figures. Makes a lot of sense. Behind the veil of every narcissistically perfect image lies something evil. Whether it be Starr Commonwealth, Oprah or... this.

I don't like people who do handstands on beaches. It's douche-y. Quadra related? I don't know- but stop it.

Heterosexuality is a mental disorder lol. j/k

/tries to be serious. You know it's like.... people need to talk through shit and be normal and real and not narc handstand-on-beachy. A true healthy relationship takes so much self-honesty and realness and and.... like I would know. I don't have one. But maybe I do? So what if I want to kiss ..from his toes up to his lips. It don't mean that he has me yet. He's gonna be good, I bet. But I'd like to think it would be better than this... this is why it's so dumb and fake to do preppy str8 things with people and spend too much time together and I fucking hate this shit. Healthy couples don't do this crap anyway. "Live life fully in the real world and pretend the world is your oyster!" = FAAAAAAAKE.

idk to me it almost seems like a douche-y LSI trying to date a very naive Delta or something. He wanted to stay in the abyss. She wanted to walk away from it, so he struck her. lol I have no idea I'm just talking shit there- but maybe? At any rate I do like Beta for him and Delta for her.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I watched the video before reading the comments. One of my first thoughts was that there’s no way they filmed all of that footage while traveling around in a van because her hair is freshly highlighted in all of the shots.

As far as their types go, she seems an extroverted Te/Fi valuing type. He looks like a generic introverted dude, but not LII, SEI, or EII.

I’m guessing he didn’t plan to murder her, otherwise he would have staged an accident or invented a story beforehand.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About to dive in the rabbit hole- reddit.com/r/gabbypetito

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#melonvibes

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see SLI who is up on his moralizing Fi HA high horse.

I think what draws people to this case is the utter audacity, hypocrisy, and lack of self-awareness from this tryhard egomaniac jackass who desperately wants to vindicate himself from the rest of "impure" humanity. In short: he is utterly delusional and while I am somewhat sympathetic of his philosophy, the way he goes about it is utterly enraging and comical at the same time in all of its embarrassing cringyness.

In short: an insecure twat-waffle.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I can see SLI who is up on his moralizing Fi HA high horse.

I think what draws people to this case is the utter audacity, hypocrisy, and lack of self-awareness from this tryhard egomaniac jackass who desperately wants to vindicate himself from the rest of "impure" humanity. In short: he is utterly delusional and while I am somewhat sympathetic of his philosophy, the way he goes about it is utterly enraging and comical at the same time in all of its embarrassing cringyness.

In short: an insecure twat-waffle.
    That looks more like what an ESI or IEI would say though. I never get the obsession of people with bringing up irrelevant factoids when talking about news and investigations. That doesn't prove anything, other than that you don't like him and think he's stupid.

What attracts people to cases like those is the disappearance of a 22 year old 'instagrammer' middle class female. She has her whole family rousing crowds to find her. If you were right, we'd talk about all those old homeless 'twat-waffle' dudes who vanish every year.
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 09-17-2021 at 07:33 AM.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    That looks more like what an ESI or IEI would say though. I never get the obsession of people with bringing up irrelevant factoids when talking about news and investigations. That doesn't prove anything, other than that you don't like him and think he's stupid.

What attracts people to cases like those is the disappearance of a 22 year old 'instagrammer' middle class female. She has her whole family rousing crowds to find her. If you were right, we'd talk about all those old homeless 'twat-waffle' dudes who vanish every year.
    My bad. I should have specified it as "what draws people to this *particular* case"

You could also substitute "particular" for "specific."

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad. I should have specified it as "what draws people to this *particular* case"

You could also substitute "particular" for "specific."
    Haha it's ok, I think I reacted strongly to your post because I saw already on the Instagram of the dude how people were making personal attacks and assuming he's a murderer, which to me looks like jumping to conclusions. I don't think he deserves to be insulted or stigmatized like that until he's proven guilty. Sorry if I came across as rude or too direct, it's something I try to work on!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aixelsyd Have you watched the police cam footage from the domestic violence incident?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    @aixelsyd Have you watched the police cam footage from the domestic violence incident?
    I saw some if it, yeah where she was crying. I felt bad because they are both young with unrealistic expectations. She quit her job to do this. He was apparently downing her on some of her work for the vlog and neither seemed to have planned ahead for this or had reasonable expectations. I mean, a year ago, my wife and I picked up our RV which was getting fixed in Kansas and we drove it back home to FL because it was fixed enough to drive and that trip we got on each other's nerves because of my poor planning (I was trying to work while on the road but the outlets in the RV didn't work and the shocks on the RV were really shot so the thing was a super bumpy ride to where our dogs were freaking out). But I know from other experiences how tough a road trip can be and God forbid you don't have money because it is expensive.

I think what bothers me the most, aside from taking her van and not saying shit to her parents who are worried sick, is that he most likely was the one editing her IG posts and seemingly fabricating shit. Something about that just really pisses me off. I mean what is the point? Just a very strange set of priorities.

But what were your thoughts on the video? As said, I only saw parts of it.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw some if it, yeah where she was crying. I felt bad because they are both young with unrealistic expectations. She quit her job to do this. He was apparently downing her on some of her work for the vlog and neither seemed to have planned ahead for this or had reasonable expectations. I mean, a year ago, my wife and I picked up our RV which was getting fixed in Kansas and we drove it back home to FL because it was fixed enough to drive and that trip we got on each other's nerves because of my poor planning (I was trying to work while on the road but the outlets in the RV didn't work and the shocks on the RV were really shot so the thing was a super bumpy ride to where our dogs were freaking out). But I know from other experiences how tough a road trip can be and God forbid you don't have money because it is expensive.

I think what bothers me the most, aside from taking her van and not saying shit to her parents who are worried sick, is that he most likely was the one editing her IG posts and seemingly fabricating shit. Something about that just really pisses me off. I mean what is the point? Just a very strange set of priorities.

But what were your thoughts on the video? As said, I only saw parts of it.
    I fast forwarded through some parts but this is my understanding of what happened:
    - Gabby spent the morning working on her blog. She says BG is unsupportive and doesn’t think she can do it.
    - BG gets dirt in the van while Gabby is trying to clean.
    - Gabby, who claims to have OCD, is triggered. Fight ensues.
    - BG locks Gabby out of the van with no food/water. Its August, and they’re in the desert. He claims he locked her out to get her to calm down.
    - Gabby gets in the van and attacks BG by slapping him and scratching his face. She tells the police that she did this to get him to stop telling her to calm down.
    - BG pushes her away in self defense.

Takeaways:
    - Until more information comes out, I’m holding off judgement on BG. I would be surprised if he murdered her in cold blood.
    - BG doesn’t want Gabby charged with DV, which suggests that he’s looking out for her in some respect. When the cops ask him the van swerved when they pulled Gabby and BG over, BG claims that Gabby pulled the steering wheel. When the cops ask Gabby the same question, she says that she was hitting his arm. I think this discrepancy also shows that BG is trying to minimize Gabby’s violence towards him (probably to protect her from getting arrested).
    - I think the cops did a good job in deescalating the situation and separating the two for the night.
    - I feel torn on BG staying silent. I think her parents deserve answers, but at the same time we don’t know what happened in the desert. The cops will likely pin her death on him. This kind of situation is why 5th Amendment exists. He’s acting on the advice of his lawyers.
    - Both looked really tired like they haven’t been sleeping well.
    - Telling someone to calm down NEVER works lol.
    - I think Gabby saw their trip as a business venture, and BG saw it more as a lifestyle.
    - Mostly I just feel sad for both of them. I don’t want to judge them too harshly for the cringey vlog or their poor planning because they’re both so young and inexperienced.
    - Gabby is uncomfortable driving her own van. If you’re going to live the van life, you should be comfortable driving a van.
    - Living in a van during the months of July and August is a really bad idea if you’re going to the desert.
    - Heat + lack of sleep + thirst/hunger + stuck in a van with another person + boredom is a recipe for disaster.
    - If they were duals, this wouldn’t have happened (jk)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I fast forwarded through some parts but this is my understanding of what happened:
    - Gabby spent the morning working on her blog. She says BG is unsupportive and doesn’t think she can do it.
    - BG gets dirt in the van while Gabby is trying to clean.
    - Gabby, who claims to have OCD, is triggered. Fight ensues.
    - BG locks Gabby out of the van with no food/water. Its August, and they’re in the desert. He claims he locked her out to get her to calm down.
    - Gabby gets in the van and attacks BG by slapping him and scratching his face. She tells the police that she did this to get him to stop telling her to calm down.
    - BG pushes her away in self defense.

Takeaways:
    - Until more information comes out, I’m holding off judgement on BG. I would be surprised if he murdered her in cold blood.
    - BG doesn’t want Gabby charged with DV, which suggests that he’s looking out for her in some respect. When the cops ask him the van swerved when they pulled Gabby and BG over, BG claims that Gabby pulled the steering wheel. When the cops ask Gabby the same question, she says that she was hitting his arm. I think this discrepancy also shows that BG is trying to minimize Gabby’s violence towards him (probably to protect her from getting arrested).
    - I think the cops did a good job in deescalating the situation and separating the two for the night.
    - I feel torn on BG staying silent. I think her parents deserve answers, but at the same time we don’t know what happened in the desert. The cops will likely pin her death on him. This kind of situation is why 5th Amendment exists. He’s acting on the advice of his lawyers.
    - Both looked really tired like they haven’t been sleeping well.
    - Telling someone to calm down NEVER works lol.
    - I think Gabby saw their trip as a business venture, and BG saw it more as a lifestyle.
    - Mostly I just feel sad for both of them. I don’t want to judge them too harshly for the cringey vlog or their poor planning because they’re both so young and inexperienced.
    - Gabby is uncomfortable driving her own van. If you’re going to live the van life, you should be comfortable driving a van.
    - Living in a van during the months of July and August is a really bad idea if you’re going to the desert.
    - Heat + lack of sleep + thirst/hunger + stuck in a van with another person + boredom is a recipe for disaster.
    - If they were duals, this wouldn’t have happened (jk)
    @Poptart, yours is a very balanced analysis. I'm glad there are Alphas around, because I was all set to feed the guy to the wood chipper.

I watched some of the first video, and she has brief moments where she reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on who that is. However, she does seem to have an undercurrent of what I would call a slight insanity, and personally, I'd stay far away from her. She seems to be low-level insisting that both she and her life are perfectly normal, and don't you dare look behind that curtain. DON'T LOOK, I SAID. GODDAMMIT.

Her BF gave me ILI vibes a few times. I've seen ILIs who are nice like him, and he might be that type. Or not. It's hard to tell.

I hope this whole thing turns out well for both of them, since I think they both have had some very bad days so far.

Road trips and roommates can be funny things. You can go into them with high expectations, and then everything turns bad for reasons which you can't understand. Been there, many years ago.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another observation- When I first watched the vlog, I kinda assumed Gabby was the dominant one in the relationship because she was always guiding and prompting him and holding the camera. I’m walking back on that assumption now that I’ve seen the police cam footage. It seems like he was more disinterested and not contributing to her project. This might change my perception of his type, idk.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I hope this whole thing turns out well for both of them, since I think they both have had some very bad days so far.
    I hope so too, but… I think she’s dead.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another observation- When I first watched the vlog, I kinda assumed Gabby was the dominant one in the relationship because she was always guiding and prompting him and holding the camera. I’m walking back on that assumption now that I’ve seen the police cam footage. It seems like he was more disinterested and not contributing to her project. This might change my perception of his type, idk.

He might have had a hard time seeing how she was going to monetize a blog. That would be my problem with her, plus her devotion to her image over filling the gas tank.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hope so too, but… I think she’s dead.

Yes, I think that's likely.

I had an SLI tell me that he's only ever lost it twice in his life, and he completely blanks out when that happens, but when it's over, he's completely smashed everyone around him.

I don't think the guy is SLI, but rather I think he's a super-nice ILI, but a super-nice ILI is a guy who is in denial of a lot of things, including how he really feels about stuff. If you're nice all the time, it's most likely an act.

High Te and low Fi is not a great combination for being in touch with your feelings.

I remember once, in the last days of my marriage, when my SLI wife was talking to me as I did the dishes, and I suddenly started smashing a Revere Ware pot against the sink until it was completely bent out of shape. As I watched myself do this, I thought "Hmm, smashing things is what people do when they are angry. I wonder if I'm angry? Maybe I am."

Yeah. I'm kind of fucked up in many ways.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might have had a hard time seeing how she was going to monetize a blog. That would be my problem with her, plus her devotion to her image over filling the gas tank.
    Ugh, yes I got that impression too. Her van was decorated with flowers and shit lol.

Also, it’s kind of funny that Gabby is trying to become an influencer and monetize an anti-capitalist lifestyle where you minimize consumption, live off the grid, give up your 9-5 job, practice yoga in the desert, etc. She’s not the first to do this—van life vlogs became over saturated a long time ago on YouTube. She probably saw those videos and thought it would be a fun way to make money and a romantic trip with her boyfriend. I have trouble blaming her for that.

Also, someone call @Braingel because here’s a perfect example of people over 18 not acting like adults.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ugh, yes I got that impression too. Her van was decorated with flowers and shit lol.

Also, it’s kind of funny that Gabby is trying to become an influencer and monetize an anti-capitalist lifestyle where you minimize consumption, live off the grid, give up your 9-5 job, practice yoga in the desert, etc. She’s not the first to do this—van life vlogs became over saturated a long time ago on YouTube. She probably saw those videos and thought it would be a fun way to make money and a romantic trip with her boyfriend. I have trouble blaming her for that.

Also, someone call @Braingel because here’s a perfect example of people over 18 not acting like adults.

I think I knew someone in HS like Gabby, and at the time, I thought the girl was borderline insane.
    In the first few seconds of the first video, she gives me Beta vibes, but that's just a faint impression. Her desire for acceptance from an anonymous society and her de-emphasis of money might point to an unhealthy EIE. But that's just a wild guess.

If you can't tell, I'm searching for their ITR, and if she's EIE and he's ILI, then she's his Supervisor. Starts out fine, quickly goes off the rails.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I knew someone in HS like Gabby, and at the time, I thought the girl was borderline insane.
    In the first few seconds of the first video, she gives me Beta vibes, but that's just a faint impression. Her desire for acceptance from an anonymous society and her de-emphasis of money might point to an unhealthy EIE. But that's just a wild guess.
    Interesting…I kinda thought she was SEE because of poor planning (lack of Ni), but I can also see how EIE would not think about Si things like heat, water, and a cramped living space. I also thought her youtube/ influencer project might suggest Te HA since SEEs gravitate towards risky business ventures. I can’t really say for sure what her type is based on these videos alone, though. I can see her being SEE or EIE. I also thought LSE was a possibility until I saw the police cam footage.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an SLI tell me that he's only ever lost it twice in his life, and he completely blanks out when that happens, but when it's over, he's completely smashed everyone around him.

I don't think the guy is SLI, but rather I think he's a super-nice ILI, but a super-nice ILI is a guy who is in denial of a lot of things, including how he really feels about stuff. If you're nice all the time, it's most likely an act.

High Te and low Fi is not a great combination for being in touch with your feelings.
    I don't know for sure if he's ILI based on the video, but I can see it, and you're right about the super-nice ILIs. I've known a couple like this. Usually have strong e9 in there and possibly a secondary Social instinct giving more of a "nice, normal" impression, and very unaware of the anger that's building.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    I don't know for sure if he's ILI based on the video, but I can see it, and you're right about the super-nice ILIs. I've known a couple like this. Usually have strong e9 in there and possibly a secondary Social instinct giving more of a "nice, normal" impression, and very unaware of the anger that's building.

Unacknowledged anger is what scares me about e9's. I mean, maybe they all don't have that, but I'm much more comfortable with anger that is out in the open.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He reminds me of a former friend of mine. He was a recovering heroin user and was a really cool guy. I had the best time of my life being in a band with him. However, he relapsed and it turns out he was lying about a lot of shit. He accused one of the drummers of stealing his xanax but it was later revealed he was selling the pills to buy opioids. We got free tickets to a 3 doors down show. He, one of my friends, and I were in the car he was borrowing and said he needed to hook up with a friend to get xanax. Well, turns out he was getting blues from her. We stopped at McD's for food. He went to the bathroom and when he came out, he was practically falling alseep on his food. He was driving and I had to shove him to keep him awake and he kept disappearing at the show.

So yeah, he was a nice and charming guy (not sure on his type but his best friend who was doing heroin with him struck me as ILI) but it hurt realizing he was lying behind a smile so often. It's dumb but I can't help but think of him when I look at BL. It's crazy how someone can seem so cool and caring but have so many demons hiding underneath the surface.

Idk if BL and GP were duals but it wouldn't shock me. Duality doesn't guarantee shit though.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unacknowledged anger is what scares me about e9's. I mean, maybe they all don't have that, but I'm much more comfortable with anger that is out in the open.
    Takes a really healthy 9 to be first aware of themselves and then express themselves. I've known both ends of the spectrum of 9s. If they resist self awareness, I steer clear. Anger that's out in the open like e8 can be scarier to me, I kind of shut down. But at least it's more straightforward and when it's over it's really over and you usually won't hear about it years later.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The following is 100% pure speculation and assumptions I drew while watching the video:

What I got from this video is that he doesn't like that she's vlogging, wants her to pay more attention to him, and is slightly irritated the whole time. She's annoyed with his clinginess because she's doing this as her job. A sad moment was when she said, "I love the van!" He started to brighten up for a second, like, oh she loves me! and then she said "the van" He feels like he's ignored, unimportant, and playing second-fiddle to her audience. She doesn't really even like him that much, and there's a lot of passive-aggressive comments and body language between the two of them. The whole granola thing for example. Then they put on their bright fake smiles and pretend like everything is great. . .

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The following is 100% pure speculation and assumptions I drew while watching the video:

What I got from this video is that he doesn't like that she's vlogging, wants her to pay more attention to him, and is slightly irritated the whole time. She's annoyed with his clinginess because she's doing this as her job. A sad moment was when she said, "I love the van!" He started to brighten up for a second, like, oh she loves me! and then she said "the van" He feels like he's ignored, unimportant, and playing second-fiddle to her audience. She doesn't really even like him that much, and there's a lot of passive-aggressive comments and body language between the two of them. The whole granola thing for example. Then they put on their bright fake smiles and pretend like everything is great. . .
    I can see this interpretation. Kind of makes me wonder if it was indeed a supervisory relationship.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean.. the brain generally is not fully developed until 24-27 years old.. So it is indeed foolish for people to in society, expect 18-early twenty year olds to act like grown men and women, and able abstain from impulses and all that..

This especially becomes true for people who are victim of childhood abuse and missed out on a normal, healthy parental relationship that would have allowed someone to get what they needed to more timely, be mature. Also for people with developmental issues and who face mental health challenges.. These groups of people are not to conflate with already not grown adults.. They are even lesser times ready to be adults, assume full culpability, and to have life figured out.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2779518/

The heightened importance of peer influence is a hallmark of adolescent psychosocial functioning (Brown, 2004). Peer pressure is commonly invoked in discussions of adolescent misbehavior and is implicated in many accounts of adolescent risk taking, because most risky behavior in which adolescents engage, such as delinquency, substance use, and reckless driving, takes place in the company of peers (Chassin et al., 2004; Simons-Morton, Lerner, & Singer, 2005). Although studies of homophily (the tendency for individuals to affiliate with like-minded friends) during adolescence have yielded different estimates of the relative importance of selection versus socialization as contributors to behavioral and attitudinal similarity between adolescents and their friends (Brown, 2004), there is little doubt that peers actually influence each other and that the effects of peer influence are stronger during adolescence than in adulthood. Indeed, one recent experimental study found that exposure to peers during a risk-taking task doubled the amount of risky behavior among middle adolescents, increased it by 50% among college undergraduates, and had no impact at all among adults (Gardner & Steinberg, 2005).
    https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=141164708

I'm Tony Cox and this is TELL ME MORE from NPR News. Michel Martin is away. We'd like to spend this part of the program talking about the passage from childhood to adulthood and how that may be tougher for one distinct group of young people.Most of the privileges and responsibilities of adulthood are legally granted by the age of 18. That's when you can vote, enlist in the military, move out on your own, but is that the true age of maturity? A growing body of science says, no. That critical parts of the brain involved in decision-making are not fully developed until years later at age 25 or so.
    In a moment, we'll hear about how child advocates are hoping to use this research to change the laws about their foster care. But first, to learn more about adolescent brain development and maturity, we are joined now by neuroscientist, Sandra Aamodt. She is the coauthor of the book, "Welcome to Your Child's Brain: How the Mind Grows from Conception to College."
    DR. SANDRA AAMODT: It's nice to be here.COX: Is this idea that the brains of 18 year olds aren't fully developed a matter of settled science?
    AAMODT: Yes. The car rental companies got to it first, but neuroscientists have caught up and brain scans show clearly that the brain is not fully finished developing until about age 25.
    COX: To not be too clinical in the spin that we put on this, what parts of the brain are we talking about and what changes happen between the ages of 18 and, let's say, 25?
    AAMODT: So the changes that happen between 18 and 25 are a continuation of the process that starts around puberty, and 18 year olds are about halfway through that process. Their prefrontal cortex is not yet fully developed. That's the part of the brain that helps you to inhibit impulses and to plan and organize your behavior to reach a goal.
    And the other part of the brain that is different in adolescence is that the brain's reward system becomes highly active right around the time of puberty and then gradually goes back to an adult level, which it reaches around age 25 and that makes adolescents and young adults more interested in entering uncertain situations to seek out and try to find whether there might be a possibility of gaining something from those situations.
    COX: So this is important. Are the physiological changes in the brain, in terms of the development of young people, as significant and impactful as the cultural changes and environmental changes that they go through vis-a-vis peer pressure things of that sort?
    AAMODT: Well, actually, one of the side effects of these changes in the reward system is that adolescents and young adults become much more sensitive to peer pressure than they were earlier or will be as adults.
    So, for instance, a 20 year old is 50 percent more likely to do something risky if two friends are watching than if he's alone.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female brains tend to develop slightly sooner than of male, but it is highly variable. 24-25 tends to be more female, 26-27 for male to become functional men.

There will be some female who develop sooner, though, and then males that do before male. There is precocity, where an 8-year-old brain will rarely show of is ability to one as a general twenty-five. By the time that 8-year-old reachers their mid-late teens, they probably well would be able be an adult, but the prevalence of this occurring is slight.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The prefrontal cortex is what essentially separates human from ape and other related species. It is what allows someone to act like a functioning adult, and allows for one to not as much act on animalistic whim (otherwise known as instinctive impulse).

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You see mentally ill people who have in-congruency in their amygdalas and prefrontal cortex.. The prefrontal cortex is highly responsible for maturation and acting in way that is able for societal sustenance. Grown people, and even people developing in such brain region will have immature behavior when discrepancies and deformity are experienced within it.. They will be often deemed mentally ill. It is a big deal, and one that our welfare and criminal systems do not yet account as for. (It is big enough deal to where someone who has not developed well enough in this brain region, would clinically be by psychology, labeled mentally ill. And yet our society demands people who have not yet grown into it fully to expect fully functional as an adult).

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is no coincidence, I believe, of why many mentally ill adults (grown adults) get compared to as having teenaged behavior. It is because their prefrontal cortex is deformed, imbalanced.. And teenagers experience this under-maturation.. So it is no wonder why psychologists would see teenage-like behavior in adults with such imbalances.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I mean.. the brain generally is not fully developed until 24-27 years old.. So it is indeed foolish for people to in society, expect 18-early twenty year olds to act like grown men and women, and able abstain from impulses and all that..

This especially becomes true for people who are victim of childhood abuse and missed out on a normal, healthy parental relationship that would have allowed someone to get what they needed to more timely, be mature. Also for people with developmental issues and who face mental health challenges.. These groups of people are not to conflate with already not grown adults.. They are even lesser times ready to be adults, assume full culpability, and to have life figured out.
    I don’t remember their exact ages, but I think they’re around 20-22 years old. Definitely under 25. Have you read much about the case? I would be interested in hearing how you think it unraveled.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Brian's now missing too. Wasn't another couple killed in the area they were in?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast