ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I hope so too, but… I think she’s dead.

Yes, I think that's likely.

I had an SLI tell me that he's only ever lost it twice in his life, and he completely blanks out when that happens, but when it's over, he's completely smashed everyone around him.

I don't think the guy is SLI, but rather I think he's a super-nice ILI, but a super-nice ILI is a guy who is in denial of a lot of things, including how he really feels about stuff. If you're nice all the time, it's most likely an act.

High Te and low Fi is not a great combination for being in touch with your feelings.

I remember once, in the last days of my marriage, when my SLI wife was talking to me as I did the dishes, and I suddenly started smashing a Revere Ware pot against the sink until it was completely bent out of shape. As I watched myself do this, I thought "Hmm, smashing things is what people do when they are angry. I wonder if I'm angry? Maybe I am."

Yeah. I'm kind of fucked up in many ways.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I had an SLI tell me that he's only ever lost it twice in his life, and he completely blanks out when that happens, but when it's over, he's completely smashed everyone around him.

I don't think the guy is SLI, but rather I think he's a super-nice ILI, but a super-nice ILI is a guy who is in denial of a lot of things, including how he really feels about stuff. If you're nice all the time, it's most likely an act.

High Te and low Fi is not a great combination for being in touch with your feelings.
    I don't know for sure if he's ILI based on the video, but I can see it, and you're right about the super-nice ILIs. I've known a couple like this. Usually have strong e9 in there and possibly a secondary Social instinct giving more of a "nice, normal" impression, and very unaware of the anger that's building.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    I don't know for sure if he's ILI based on the video, but I can see it, and you're right about the super-nice ILIs. I've known a couple like this. Usually have strong e9 in there and possibly a secondary Social instinct giving more of a "nice, normal" impression, and very unaware of the anger that's building.

Unacknowledged anger is what scares me about e9's. I mean, maybe they all don't have that, but I'm much more comfortable with anger that is out in the open.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Unacknowledged anger is what scares me about e9's. I mean, maybe they all don't have that, but I'm much more comfortable with anger that is out in the open.
    Takes a really healthy 9 to be first aware of themselves and then express themselves. I've known both ends of the spectrum of 9s. If they resist self awareness, I steer clear. Anger that's out in the open like e8 can be scarier to me, I kind of shut down. But at least it's more straightforward and when it's over it's really over and you usually won't hear about it years later.