Thread: 3 Minute Extroversion Test

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3 Minute Extroversion Test

Post the results, even introverts can play. I just want to see what everyone scored.

https://www.idrlabs.com/3-minute-extroversion/test.php
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-14-2021 at 11:48 PM.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean mine is probably not that surprising.

Very Strongly Extroverted

Your answers suggest a very strong indication of extroversion. You are predominantly focused on external stimulation and going out into the world as opposed to being absorbed with your internal thoughts, feelings, and sensations, and you do not usually make it a priority to spend time alone in order to delve into internal reflection. Many would say you are an enterprising and outgoing person; that you tend to have a lot of projects going on at the same time and are involved in several types of outgoing activities in your life. As with other strong extroverts, you are probably more gregarious and industrious than most and often prefer to maintain a high activity level in your life as opposed to spending your time pondering matters in isolation. You likely have a wide circle of acquaintances, and you prefer working with people as opposed to working alone.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strongly Extroverted
    Your answers suggest a strong degree of extroversion. You are predominantly focused on external stimulation and going out into the world as opposed to being absorbed with your internal thoughts, feelings, and sensations, and you do not usually make it a priority to spend time alone in order to delve into internal reflection. Many would say you are an enterprising and outgoing person; that you tend to have a lot of projects going on at the same time and are involved with several types of outgoing activities in your life. As with other strong extroverts, you are probably more gregarious and industrious than most and often prefer to maintain a high activity level in your life as opposed to spending your time pondering matters in isolation. You likely have a wide circle of acquaintances, and you prefer working with people as opposed to working alone.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a link to the test? I can't see it
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    Is there a link to the test? I can't see it

LMAO sorry I had no idea I didn't post the link. @Megatrop seemed to know what test I was looking at lol.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@fatgurl I added the link if you want to take it

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mildly Extroverted

Your answers suggest a mild degree of extroversion. At times you tend to seek out external sources of stimulation, but most of the time you are predominantly focused on your own internal thoughts, feelings, and sensations. While you gain some measure of energy from socializing, you probably find that you gain most of your energy from spending time alone. Most of the time, you would probably prefer working alone to working on a team, and while you may strike a balance between close friends and loose acquaintances in your social life, you probably spend the majority of your social time with your friends.
    Last edited by Aquamarine; 09-15-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderately Extroverted

Your answers suggest a moderate degree of extroversion. You are somewhat focused on your internal thoughts, feelings, and sensations from time to time, but you balance this by seeking external stimulation at other times. You sometimes tend to gain your energy from social interaction, while at other times the need for internal reflection is more prevalent in you. Many would say that you strike a balance between extroverted and introverted features. Thus, you may be a good listener as well as a good communicator, and you may tend to feel comfortable in social gatherings while also valuing your solitude.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very strongly extroverted.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Extroverted
    Your answers suggest you are not extroverted. You often focus on your internal thoughts, feelings, and sensations, and you do not tend to seek out external stimulation. You are a reflective, somewhat introverted person. You tend to take time in making decisions and incline to the self-aware side of things. You often feel you need to retreat into solitude to rest. You most likely have a small group of close friends as opposed to a wide circle of acquaintances, and you probably feel tired after being in a crowd.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderately Extroverted

Your answers suggest a moderate degree of extroversion. You are somewhat focused on your internal thoughts, feelings, and sensations from time to time, but you balance this by seeking external stimulation at other times. You sometimes tend to gain your energy from social interaction, while at other times the need for internal reflection is more prevalent in you. Many would say that you strike a balance between extroverted and introverted features. Thus, you may be a good listener as well as a good communicator, and you may tend to feel comfortable in social gatherings while also valuing your solitude.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My gauge thing was similiar to ouronis' - but one notch even lower than that. Yeah I'm quite introverted lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mirror, mirror on the wall- who is the most introverted of them all?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderately Extroverted

Pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Most people who only know the pop-psychology definitions of extroverted/introverted tell me I must be extroverted or an... *shudders* "ambivert"
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    My gauge thing was similiar to ouronis' - but one notch even lower than that. Yeah I'm quite introverted lol.
    Makes sense that you'd be significantly more introverted than me being that you're an Ni subtype
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strongly Extroverted.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Extroverted

I'm not surprised.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ded center anyway who gives a shit. communism.
    https://www.idrlabs.com/communism/test.php
    65% somewhat communist

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Strongly Extroverted

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned