View Poll Results: Which kind of razor do you shave with?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disposable Razor

5 50.00%
  • Safety Razor

4 40.00%
  • Straight Razor

0 0%
  • Electric Razor

1 10.00%

Thread: What Do You Shave With?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Do You Shave With?

What do you use to shave?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disposable two bladed razor with italian shaving soap. I've tried using one of dual-edged safety razor complete with brush and shaving soap but that was too much effort for me at the time.

...I'm thinking of getting a dual edged razor again. Or perhaps go really old school and get a straight razor.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Great View Post
    Disposable two bladed razor with italian shaving soap. I've tried using one of dual-edged safety razor complete with brush and shaving soap but that was too much effort for me at the time.

...I'm thinking of getting a dual edged razor again. Or perhaps go really old school and get a straight razor.

I have been contemplating getting a straight razor, its less wasteful than the other options and looks awesome. I've used the brush and soap for a while and I've gotten used to it.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I have been contemplating getting a straight razor, its less wasteful than the other options and looks awesome. I've used the brush and soap for a while and I've gotten used to it.
    Yeah, it looks badass. If I were to get one, I'd practice with a balloon. The straight razor looks like it can fuck you up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I did the smoothskull look, I used a two-sided safety razor. I oiled the razors to make them last, not sure if it was effective. Also have an electronic trimmer for neck stubble removal, along with some other stuff.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i often manage to find a only slightly rusted disposable razor somewhere on the rare occasion i find myself able to understand there is hair there and it needs to go away and i have the method and the will... when all of these things come together, an only slightly rusted razor will be waiting... somewhere near...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sharp flint stone.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A katana, m'lady uwu *tips fedora*
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I attempted an X D and was denied by the forum gods. It was simplified to an emoji
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a safety razor and a brush with soap. This is the best setup for me, it prevents razor burn.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what you call it, but I shave a lot, because smooth and apple crisp layers of the voluminous cake garden always endow listener's tunes to the sweet rhythm of seasons and song.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    The time is alway right to do what is right.
    Become who you are.
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disposable but thinking of investing in a safety razor. I don't get hairy enough to overthink shaving, just a quick 30 second cycle twice a week if I'm not being lazy.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disposable razor and shaving gel. I also have an electric razor, but I only use it for emergencies, as it is more irritant for some reason.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric shaver