Hybrid View

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I see. Do I seem like an Fe valuer to you sometimes?
    I don't know..... I'm still learning, but you seem better at effecting ppl in a positive way, and not effecting ppl in a negative way, than I might expect from FE polr..... but when you explain what you said above then it makes more sense.... but we can probably get better at our polr with some effort sometimes? and then other times we are just going to mess up, because other stuff (stronger IEs) take priority??

Plus I shouldn't say it like FE is the only way to effect mood positively... you could do that indirectly without that even being the intention.....

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway if you are familiar with World Socionics Society I paid for a typing and I got ILE.
    This is strange. I haven't seen you in real life, but I think ILI has always made sense.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I didn't notice that about myself. That's interesting, maybe other people can chime in. I did make a thread about my typing and people say I'm ILI with Harmonizing subtype and I type myself as one as well.

Description of Harmonizing:

Anyway if you are familiar with World Socionics Society I paid for a typing and I got ILE.
    Ahh maybe it's the harmonizing, I'm seeing???

I guess it might be more obvious in person too.... its not like we mean to mess up on our Polr's.... we just aren't paying enough attention....

They typed me SEI btw

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow interesting! We're WSS dualz

Yeah maybe it's the harmonizing. Gulenko has a different type of system. When I read about some Socionics descriptions as well I think NiTe fits me more than NeTi. I've met some ILEs and they are quite different. They focus on logical coherence a lot, and I care more about how to use a certain information. Humor is quite different as well (sarcastic and dark for ILI vs innocent and nerdy for ILE).
    I guess we all develop/pay attention to our IEs differently depending on who we have grown up around, and what have had to do in our life as well right?.... I guess If you grow up, and stay all the time around your quadra peeps then you are going to be the prototype version, and then you are just going to vary away from that depending on what you have experienced differently....
    Last edited by rtht; 09-12-2021 at 12:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, I have had so many ILI accusations but yeah, in general I find Ipness foreign from cognitive perspective ... and yes, I have met superficially ILE like ILI's - it is just that it does not fool me because they lack the energy where I have it and vice versa (and domination game is just not fun for me).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org