Thread: Using your lead vs using your demo

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Using your lead vs using your demo

Although the demonstrate function is not valued, I've read that it can be stronger and easier to use than their lead.

I believe the lead is the function is all prefer to use but the demo might be stronger and actually easier to use. What are your experiences?

TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say it's stronger or easier but I think it's fairly easy to 'turn it on' in society if you have to. Individually people would much rather use their primary ego function and feel the most comfortable doing it when left alone to their own personal devices. Ignoring function is also pretty strong and 3D. But you'd much rather well... ignore it.

I think it's not valued because it's something you'd rather give to the world in an essence rather than keep to your head. You'd rather explain all the nuances and the 'secrets' to it- which is how the dual's PoLR becomes tanked in an ideal scenerio. It is done in a way where you clearly don't give a shit or expect the other person to respond in that way either- IEE's Fe demonstrative I think is such a very good example of this lol.

I think a person views their demonstrative function a lot like they do manure. Manure isn't valued ((it's literal shit)) but it needs to be spread around. And you are quite good at spreading it around etc.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I think of leading function as the one that a person is immersed in without realising (water to a fish), it could follow that the distance of the (unvalued) demonstrative allows us to be more deliberate with our use of it.

I don't know whether that would make the demonstrative easier to use. Less personally invested = easier?

The Evening and the Morning Star Eudaimonia's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-D 3w4 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's easier to know how and when I use the demonstrative rather than my lead. I just do my lead all the time and do not think about it.
    With mind distracted, never thinking, "Death is coming,"
    To slave away on the pointless business of mundane life,
    And then to come out empty--it is a tragic error.
    ENFJ | EIE | WEPL | 3w4 sx/so

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, coherent replies. I'd describe my use of demo the same but kinda wondered how others use it. I've also read that the demo has more of an arrogant quality to it. Not saying the lead can't be arrogant, just that the demo tends to be more arrogant.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much agree with how @BandD explained it. I use Fi when Fi is expected of me, and it's helpful whenever I'm with a group of Fi-valuers who decide they wanna start circle-jerking over how hip their morals are, but I feel significantly more comfortable in a space where people can say horribly offensive shit and no one freaks out. Fi is there. It's a tool I'm good at. I know exactly how to respond when people try probing my Fi, but I really just don't care about it, and I'm never gonna feel 100% comfortable in a place where its use is over-demanded

Edit: Just adding that I actually enjoy discussing morals in a Ti way. That's quite fun for me. I love dissecting moral questions in a cold and emotionless sort of way
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've also read that the demo has more of an arrogant quality to it. Not saying the lead can't be arrogant, just that the demo tends to be more arrogant.
    I don't think it's arrogant at all - it's the opposite of arrogance. Arrogant function is probably ego or even creative function. Actually I think creative function is probably the most arrogant. Typical pretentious 'creative' artist etc. I think SEEs are arrogant with Fi and I think I'm arrogant with Fe. And jeez look at ESE and their Si LOL.

TIM
    Te-SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Ti more when I am working but I tend to just shut it off otherwise. Once in a while I will use it in a discussion, especially when I see a lack of Ti, but it annoys my wife when I do it since her Ti seems pretty weak.