Thread: VI someone I've met

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI someone I've met

Describes herself as driven, confident, conscientious, sociable, adaptable and hard-working, with a passion for strategic thinking and leadership.

Attached Images Attached Images
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks and sounds like an LSE to me.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting lady. Can we kill her?

Not literally I mean- I got it from a Buffy episode after she met Gwendolyn Post and didn't like her.

How I view LSEs: ((I mean technically it's really an evil EIE or ESI most likely but still, confliction you know....))

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Describes herself as driven, confident, conscientious, sociable, adaptable and hard-working, with a passion for strategic thinking and leadership.
    I am literally the exact opposite of all of that except I'm somewhat conscientious - and I can be good/passionate with leadership at times.

"Driven, confident, sociable, hard-working and adaptable":

yes @Eudaimonia is right ... sounds and looks like LSE soooo badly lol.

she looks like saoirse ronan

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In the first picture of her with the bears and the car, she looks like an LII. She isn't LII, but she has the face for it.
    In the second picture, she looks Alpha SF and Fe extroverted.

LSE women look rougher. Director Abbie excepted, of course.

Look at those style points on her clothes, and the Fe bears.

I think she's ESE.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    In the first picture of her with the bears and the car, she looks like an LII. She isn't LII, but she has the face for it.
    In the second picture, she looks Alpha SF and Fe extroverted.

LSE women look rougher. Director Abbie excepted, of course.

Look at those style points on her clothes, and the Fe bears.

I think she's ESE.
    I don't see LSE either, personally. ESE or ESI seems better to me. But since you seem to be the meister of typing ESI women and don't see ESI, maybe that's a point against that typing. Lol.

I thought the first picture looked more like an EII, though. Maybe it's the bears.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Did she tell you this personally or is it a professional statement? If she really speaks like a living resume, she is probably an LSE and an enneagram 3 at that.
    I have yet to meet an ESE who is "passionate about strategic thinking". Using the word "passion" in this sense is very Te.

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this case, she might be taking what characteristics are seen as desirable on her specific labor pool or even work enviroment and carrying them on her sleeves. Very common for type 3 if I remember correctly how that was.

Self descriptions of that very superficial level are usually vacuous, personality traits go far deeper than that. Such a self description is probably gonna be tied to her "persona" on jungian terms, and even there it probably is the superficial part of the surface of that "persona".

I know one LSE closely and that self description doesn't fit.

If something her eyes look expressive which would point towards ethical type, but nonverbal behavior can be adopted from parents, close persons... what can also give some lead to her type is how she perceives a characteristic as positive in her enviroment, and thus adopts it as her identity. If it is as I think it is then she might be playing image games, which would point towards ethical again. If I'm wrong in the assumption then she could be a enneatype 3.

Photos lack the nonverbal input to be worth something to these kinda diagnoses.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Did she tell you this personally or is it a professional statement?
    The latter. And that's a great point I didn't think about—it's not the same to read this on someone's professional resume/profile/whatever vs. hearing them say it to your face.

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    In this case, she might be taking what characteristics are seen as desirable on her specific labor pool or even work enviroment and carrying them on her sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    If something her eyes look expressive which would point towards ethical type, but nonverbal behavior can be adopted from parents, close persons... what can also give some lead to her type is how she perceives a characteristic as positive in her enviroment, and thus adopts it as her identity. Again could be a type 3 thing but can easily be an ethical trait too.
    As someone who is emotionally guarded/detached and inexpressive in general, I find her a tad bit scary, which could point to an ethical (either Fe or Fi base) type.

But like you said, so many of these things can be learned/adopted and depend on one's cultural environment, that it's really difficult to make any serious judgement or assessment until you get to know someone well on a personal level.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEE(?)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to feel bad for her. I don't think she looks scary. I just assumed you were interested in her. I think she looks cute.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I don't think she looks scary
    Sorry, that came off the wrong way. I don't think she looks scary, either. I said what I said earlier in a very specific context—I tend to get this peculiar vibe from certain people, as if I would quickly get overwhelmed by their presence and/or expressiveness (emotional or otherwise) which makes me feel kind of scared. It's purely a subjective thing (i.e. my problem), and it isn't about fear, per se, it's more of a knee-jerk reaction I have, which can be amplified when I feel attracted to someone.

In regard to my previous point, I think people with a strong ethical (sub)type tend to elicit that reaction in me. They are strong and confident in something I am not, hence me feeling a little nervous.

Being hyper-vigilant of one's surroundings (including the people in it) is a defining trait of introversion, so this kind of reaction is normal for someone like me.
    Last edited by Park; 09-11-2021 at 01:04 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    The latter. And that's a great point I didn't think about—it's not the same to read this on someone's professional resume/profile/whatever vs. hearing them say it to your face.

As someone who is emotionally guarded/detached and inexpressive in general, I find her a tad bit scary, which could point to an ethical (either Fe or Fi base) type.

But like you said, so many of these things can be learned/adopted and depend on one's cultural environment, that it's really difficult to make any serious judgement or assessment until you get to know someone well on a personal level.

Lol. A female LSE wouldn't be caught dead in that dress. You are looking at an extroverted Feeler-Sensor.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI or someth

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE ?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ, Si creative, probably ESE. "passion for strategic thinking and leadership" is something the Si creative like to say about themselves, though in reality Ni polr are awful at strategy and realizing the main point of things.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get confused when ppl say they have a passion for things corporate America and the workaholic job/career world values. It comes off as inauthentic by default.

A passion for leading lemmings off cliffs? Remarkable!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's something I took from her LinkedIn, so it should probably not be taken at face value, but only evaluated within that context and seen as an adaption and/or self-marketing tactic, as @RBRS suggested.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks rational…. Conscientious and like she has her shit together

first pic she looks more reserved logical like and in the second maybe more ethical. Hm

edit: yeah, prob would need more pics and juicy personal details to get a handle on what she could be.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her description sounds EIE. Her wardrobe looks like it came from my EIE sis-in-laws closet, from top to bottom, even jewelry. Her polished presentation alongside sporty sneakers, sporty car and stuffed bear says EIE to me. Also, she has that Beta parting-curtain smile (vs. ESE's turned-up smile). So I definitely don't discount EIE.

I hope you get to know her! You will eventually know if she only fascinates and scares you (your Conflictor), or, you feel totally comfortable, really like communicating with her and it's EASY, and find yourself longing for more of her presence (your Dual). That, to me, says EIE - on account of: I never thought you to be SLI, but LSI.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason

I hope you're doing okay. May God bless you.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    @Eliza Thomason

I hope you're doing okay. May God bless you.
    Aw, thanks, BandD. And may God richly bless you too!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 09-15-2021 at 06:36 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would go with LSE as well

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb SLI
    unlike what seems possible for you

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

psychopath
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    psychopath
    or bad intertypes with you
    my subjective impression is OTOH of a fairly pleasant person; probably Fi valuing. maybe a Deltan, as there's not much suggesting Ni/Se in the look. not sure about the rest

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    or bad intertypes with you
    among NF, which is said in the profile, the most fits IEI what would be superego

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    among NF, which is said in the profile, the most fits IEI
    Nawcissist looks introverted on photos, and had Beta NF as his self-typing before, so mb

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That description sounds like she's applying for a job or something.