Thread: Your Type In One Gif

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Your Type In One Gif

Illustrate everything your type is in one single gif.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually stumped myself from my own thread.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it said only one but...

Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    This also applies to my type
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    I know it said only one but...
    If it weren't my own rule I would have done this lol.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Still hard to see you as ESE
    yeah he vibes very Ne lead

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see Alicia Silverstone in clueless being a good example of ESE type

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always saw Robert Plant as a prime example of the Hamlet type.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)