Thread: Which cognitive functions do you think are conscious for you?

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which cognitive functions do you think are conscious for you?

In your experience, disregarding your type and model A, and everything, what do you think you sense with your mind consciously?

I realized that I am conscious of Ne, Se, Te and Fe, and even though I can do some Ni and Ti, and even Fi, they tend to just happen instead of me consciously interpreting them, it's just not as natural. This makes me think of the idea that extroverted types tend to have all extroverted functions more conscious than the introverted ones.

Also I'm observing people and it pretty much matches this, I'm pretty sure that my introverted sister has Fi, Ti, Ni and Si as conscious functions and she has a better handle of these processes than when I talk about things related to Se, Ne, Fe and Te.

So what do you think??
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    ILI-Ni E6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is interesting, I'm most skeptical of conscious and unconscious theory in model A, it doesn't match the patterns I usually see

I'm most conscious of my 4D functions Ni and Ti. The rest are hard to conceptualize fully, although I can still recognize them in other people
    Last edited by memory; 09-25-2021 at 08:00 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is going to really annoy Ti types lol. But, I think it depends on my mood. I feel like when I'm in a really good mood I feel Fe and Se more and when I'm depressed I feel Ni and Fi.

If I feel depressed I think I can feel Ti too but if I'm feeling stressed or pressured I feel Te and Se.
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-10-2021 at 11:32 PM. Reason: typo
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I think this is going to really annoy Ti types lol. But, I think it depends on my mood. I feel like when I'm in a really good mood I feel Fe and Se more and when I'm depressed I feel Ni and Fi.

If I feel depressed I think I can feel Ti too but if I'm feeling stressed or pressured I feel Te and Se.
    I have never seen so much evident Fe on a text lol, reading it sounds as counterpoint music

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still figuring it out, but I don't really think mental/vital is meant to rigidly mean always thinking about certain functions while the rest are suppressed. This is clearly evident, ask anyone about anything pertaining to any IE, and they could answer it, and think about it. Am I misunderstanding consciousness?

I think it's MAAAYBE more so a general description of how elements are treated. If there is this sense of letting the information go on the sides, not needing to think about it yet trusting it to resurface, then it's vital. I think about . Often in my inner monolog I'm parroting and dissecting things I understand about Socionics. But when I don't understand something new, I'm willing to let the info "boil in the background". The PoLR has a similar sense of expedience to it since it's evaluatory, but difference is that there is no expected digestion of information.

However, even then, that's iffy. Overall, I wouldn't place much importance on the dichotomy, just two squares to make Model A look pretty and work.

However to still answer your question, I do notice my demonstrative Fi is actually somewhat unconscious. I can interact, be oblivious to the nuances of my interactions, and later realize my or the other party's attitudes.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

None. I'm sometimes aware, after the fact, that I again focused on relative information and missed some key facts for which I have to go back. When people use apps, most are oblivious to the inner-workings of the operating system.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idk all of them? IEI are like exactly in the middle of the socionic line ((end of Beta and there is Gamma & Delta after there was Alpha and Beta)) and I really do think about the functions more or less equally- but I would say I think about Fi the most and probably Si the least.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to model A statics types are concious of Ti, Fi, Se, Ne and dynamic types are concious of Fe, Te, Ni, Si.

However, after gaining some knowledge, I think we can all use them conciously.