TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile LSI/EIE Conversations

I want there to be a thread on this.

What are some irl conversations between EIEs and LSIs.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see the first one is...

"Can you take this quiz for me online?" EIE said.

"I don't want to take your quiz!" LSI said.

"I want to see what you get." EIE said.

"I don't care about these stupid personalities, it's not real. Stop talking about it." LSI said.

End of conversation lol, and that's why I'm here to talk to you all about it .
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EIE is on the couch watching TV minding their own business.

LSI jumps on EIE and starts to wrap their hands around their neck. The EIE is very ticklish and hates this.

The LSIs nails scratch the EIEs neck "OW!" the EIE screams.

"Shut up that didn't hurt don't be dramatic," the LSI said and then continues.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE laughs at a movie they've seen hundreds of times as if it's the funniest shit ever seen.

"[EIE] is it really that funny?..." LSI says.

"Kind of" EIE says and continues laughing obnoxiously.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE "That song made me depressed"

LSI "Everything makes you depressed"

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

aww the joke is always on the EIE here lol. Any examples of where the EIE comes out on top or is it way too victimy for that?

I admit you do seem deliciously submissive. I'm not T type enough to just go for it I worry too much about stupid faggy morality and shit. but I've had some fantasies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    aww the joke is always on the EIE here lol. Any examples of where the EIE comes out on top or is it way too victimy for that?
    I really didn't realize it but yeah I need to think of one where I win lol.

Edit: I tried and it seemed too preachy, I'd rather just make fun of myself lol.
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-10-2021 at 11:23 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE throws themselves down on the bed "I wish I could just fall asleep forever."

LSI "Good, because I'm going to kill you."

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I said it was too preachy but I'm going to put it on here anyway.

LSI "I just want to be around people that believe what I believe."

EIE "I don't really care about being around people that disagree with me."

LSI "Yes you do."

EIE "Maybe. I usually want to hear everyone's opinion though. I am constantly questioning if what I think is right or not. That's why I don't like rigid dogmatic thinking though...and that cancel culture shit. Actually, now that I think about it you don't really seem to do that."

LSI "What?"

EIE "Do you ever question whether or not what you think is right or not?"

LSI (takes a long pause and then laughs) "...No I don't really do that."

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Ok, I said it was too preachy but I'm going to put it on here anyway.

LSI "I just want to be around people that believe what I believe."

EIE "I don't really care about being around people that disagree with me."

LSI "Yes you do."

EIE "Maybe. I usually want to hear everyone's opinion though. I am constantly questioning if what I think is right or not. That's why I don't like rigid dogmatic thinking though...and that cancel culture shit. Actually, now that I think about it you don't really seem to do that."

LSI "What?"

EIE "Do you ever question whether or not what you think is right or not?"

LSI (takes a long pause and then laughs) "...No I don't really do that."
    Going a bit of topic but I have noticed that with Ti types. It’s a double edge sword. Sometimes I find it really infuriating that they don’t think about that and just go with their own Ti ways. This can lead to stubborn arguments. Other times it’s really refreshing and it cuts through the bullshit. It makes me chill out at times cause I agree or that I don’t have to be that flexible.

Aka, Ti types make me want to hit them with a bat for their stubborn Ti ways and the other half I want to kiss them for it lol!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Going a bit of topic but I have noticed that with Ti types. It’s a double edge sword. Sometimes I find it really infuriating that they don’t think about that and just go with their own Ti ways. This can lead to stubborn arguments. Other times it’s really refreshing and it cuts through the bullshit. It makes me chill out at times cause I agree or that I don’t have to be that flexible.

Aka, Ti types make me want to hit them with a bat for their stubborn Ti ways and the other half I want to kiss them for it lol!

I think this is the Dualistic nature of Fe and Ti but I can't really argue with them (as long as the person is intelligent and healthy). If I disagree I will say why I disagree, but they can plow through arugments where I just have nothing to say and I feel helpless to argue any further.

I think what you said is really my reaction, Ti arguing doesn't bring out Ti it brings Fe out. I remember when I got in an argument with my SO once and she wouldn't budge at all, The argument was over something so pointless and stupid but I got so mad that she wouldn't agree with me, I felt completely unable to argue against her.

The quote makes the LSI look cartoonishly arrogant, but that was a real conversation. I am very indecisive and I need to rigidity of the LSI.

I notice that the LII appears to be rigidly indecisive, the Ne makes them reconsider and reconfigure their belief system.

The LSI doesn't listen at all and is very stubborn, which for better or worse an EIE will try to hold onto in their storm of emotions and indecision.

Other times it’s really refreshing and it cuts through the bullshit.
    I had to make a video questionnaire to be typed by the guy who typed me SLE. My SO told me that she should probably be asking me the questions because she can keep me on track. Ti helps me organize and cut my words down. She is very to the point, Ti types are in general. I often find they will reword what I'm trying to say where it actually makes sense.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti doesn't doubt? I thought Te doubted less because it's just about what needs to get done for a benefit rather than establish truth.

This is why Gulenko said I was a Ti dom:

Body language and function of structural logic. Structural logic is often manifested in
    communication through the emotion of doubt. When in doubt, a person compares
    different data and draws a conclusion based on the direction in which the bowl of scales
    is leaning. Structural thinking is always dichotomous; it necessarily brings both
    arguments for and against. And in the first and second interviews with Sancar there are
    many examples where he shows the facial expressions of doubt associated with the
    analysis of all available information about his psyche.
    If Gulenko's criteria is right then his typing of me may be as well, as I do this all the time.

I do not really present my thoughts in a dogmatic tone. I know some LSIs that do, if they hold to a particular doctrine and you happen to be on the topic of that doctrine with them, but most don't. Maybe they appear firm because they thought about their conclusions so much that analyzed all possible angles of the situation and arrived carefully at the conclusion they did - not because they magically know stuff - what would be desirable about that, lol?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

oh you're such a victim @Eudaimonia. <3

I don't see how that was preachy at all and I also don't really see how you 'won' that arguement either. xD - but it was a bit more equal than the other ones. LSI still came out of ahead it seems like to me haha how adorable - they just always pwn you huh.

I like LSIs and all but that person is way too blunt and abrasive for my taste. I don't know- this is probably why I can't see anybody I'm too perculiar with what I like or something. I just like hot sex with SLEs idk about dating one long term like that or if I'd enjoy being victim-y for that long... actually the last SLE I was with, I ended it because he wouldn't kiss me. The domination part was spot-on but I also like affection/kisses/niceness as well.

This thread is educational though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

oh duh I'm a Alpha-like Beta so that's why I need a mixture of Caregiving/Aggressor to match well with my Infantile/Victimy-ness... makes perfect sense to me now. Core Beta NFs are probably much more pure Victimy.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Ti doesn't doubt?
    This is another reason why I didn't want to put it on here, because Ti isn't dogmatic. Even LSIs. The quote really lacks context and it would take me forever to explain.

Maybe they appear firm because they thought about their conclusions so much that analyzed all possible angles of the situation and arrived carefully at the conclusion they did - not because they magically know stuff - what would be desirable about that, lol?
    This is a more accurate representation of LSIs imo.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    oh you're such a victim @Eudaimonia. <3

I don't see how that was preachy at all and I also don't really see how you 'won' that arguement either. xD - but it was a bit more equal than the other ones. LSI still came out of ahead it seems like to me haha how adorable - they just always pwn you huh.

I like LSIs and all but that person is way too blunt and abrasive for my taste. I don't know- this is probably why I can't see anybody I'm too perculiar with what I like or something. I just like hot sex with SLEs idk about dating one long term like that or if I'd enjoy being victim-y for that long... actually the last SLE I was with, I ended it because he wouldn't kiss me. The domination part was spot-on but I also like affection/kisses/niceness as well.

This thread is educational though.

I really don't feel like I am all that victimy but I guess I am because you are right. I don't really feel pwnd all the time lol, but I guess like it .

Also, while I agree that she is very blunt, her words sound way worse on here than how she is saying it in real life. Plus, I like that about her anyway, probably because I'm a subby victim .

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EIE – There s/he is with the lights out watching TV. I like that s/he's so predictable.
    EIE - Until next time (kiss)
    (enter, turn lights on)
    EIE (exuberantly) – I could have sung all night; s/he was such a good partner.
    LSI – It's late. I'm glad that I don't have to go to your classes.
    EIE – I'm so tired. Keep doing what your doing. I love you. Goodnight.
    (leaves the room)
    LSI (mumbling) – No loving for me again tonight.

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT 2: I knew all parties well: two males (employees) separately confided in me about relationships (TMI but that's what many managers find themselves dealing with); the female was boisterous, personable, and friendly with everyone - offered opinions on every subject except herself. There was irony here because the EIE, with whom I had lived, slept with many of my "friends" unbeknownst to me.
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 09-11-2021 at 11:00 AM. Reason: made it gender neutral

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An EIE talking about an LSI.

Lead singer is EIE, drummer is LSI.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    An EIE talking about an LSI.