EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default IEI and EII

Lots of similarities

1. We love humanity and hate human beings
    2. We can both discuss the process or the time line of stuff happening. I as an EII focus on character judgements and they as Fe valuing focus on the cultural process of what is happening; take the pandemic they were able to forecast and foresee the middle American states having a Covid surge since they saw this as a costal city problem at first. They can look at the happenings from above so to say.
    3. With regard to climate change I can foresee with horror the actual catastrophe of floods and landscaping destruction that don’t involve human life harm so I tend to scream out “move now” take action now before it comes and IEI can simply see cities that will disappear like Miami FL in the next 15 years. And they can see other migrations happening. I want to shelter people and implement change prior to these events hitting home. They see the people element… like “when you move you will be met with hostility as a part of the migrant crisis” also IEI statement “I don’t see Vegas lasting till 2040!” But they are able to focus in on the human conflict while I am a bit more positive in a wishful way saying “we can make homes for everyone “

There’s a reason why Socionics often says they can be confused for the other
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I admit when Delta NFs and Deltas in general go all "Habitat for Humanity-ish" I can't relate. I know objectively it's 'good' but wouldn't it be even better to write a story where our shadows are projected and we fight a Pure Demon together in a story or something? In the story though the demon would destroy the pillars for Habitat for Humanity while saying something bitchy- but it's done to where you will hate him and know he's the bad guy. And you can't send him to Te prison and just ignore him. You have to kick his ass- it's more entertaining that way.

and yes LOL @ Number 1. I'm definitely with you there. <3 @Beautiful sky aka Maritsa.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 09-08-2021 at 02:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because their I/O processes and priorities are so different, I've seen little commonality in their approach to life in general so I can't see them easily working together toward common goals. Now, they may have some common values but they most likely got them using completely different routes and employ them much differently.

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: They have similar filters that are configured and prioritized differently. It's like having a vehicle but both partners disagree on its maintenance and use; the commonality becomes the focal point for contention.
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 09-08-2021 at 11:45 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was walking home yesterday and thinking about which types I most admire. EII was in top 2, based on a couple of EIIs I’ve known. It’s nice having someone around who is like you but different. You can sort of see yourself reflected in them but there’s a shiny edge which makes them seem like an ideal you can look up to. I made an EII friend last year and recently told her all about socionics. Hoping this will be a glue for us to keep in touch

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    ..... EII was in top 2, based on a couple of EIIs I’ve known. It’s nice having someone around who is like you but different. You can sort of see yourself reflected in them but there’s a shiny edge which makes them seem like an ideal you can look up to........
    Have you had occasion to work with them on something significant? If not, do you know the people well enough to determine whether or not you could easily work with them on a goal that's important to you?

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Have you had occasion to work with them on something significant? If not, do you know the people well enough to determine whether or not you could easily work with them on a goal that's important to you?

a.k.a. I/O
    Nope wouldn't say we worked on something significant together.

First EII friend: I met her at uni. We studied the same course, were from the same city and similar schools. We would talk about books we were studying and watch films together. She would cook for me. We would spend ages trying to choose a DVD to watch together in the local rental store (showing my age). We were probably both depressed. She had problems with her boyfriend and I had anxiety etc etc. We would talk about our feelings a lot. I struggled with the work at uni and she did try to help me periodically but the advice wasn't helpful. But she was really nice..after uni we ended up being part of the same little group and when we saw each other we would talk about career plans, work stress, politics etc.

New EII friend: We worked together but didn't work on any projects together. We worked briefly on something which was a bit awkward but it also a gave us a chance to get to know each other better. We chatted a lot and she introduced me to lots of new books and music. She's a very gentle person and when she moved to a different team she told me she wanted to stay in touch and has always said to call her if I ever need to talk about anything. I want to encourage her to 'meet someone' which is partly why I told her about socionics. I don't know what will happen next but we technically still work together and I'm glad about that because hopefully it gives us an extra reason to stay in touch.

After I lost contact with the first EII as well as an IEE at the same time it didn't feel quite right not having people like them in my life. I feel glad to have new female EII and IEEs in my life because there's gonna be things they can relate to that other people can't (at least that's how it feels..). Somehow talking to an IEE or EII about my emotional struggles can make me feel better. In one way or another they get across that they can relate to what I'm going through. At the same time I don't feel judged by them. I think those interactions are important because they build trust and you end up having some deep, moving conversations.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-11-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bethany All combinations of types seem to be able to form mutual admiration pairs so long as relationships are casual and personal baggage (unrelated to type) doesn't get in the way. Type differences often do not come into play until at least one partner starts to develop expectations of the other such as when working on a project together. Bosom buddies can turn into enemies almost overnight if they're not mature and even if they are mature, this particular relationship can become very strained in a short period of time.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 09-08-2021 at 07:55 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I often find at close relationship IEI see some deficits in EII’s natural personality traits that they want to correct like “why fo you feel you must help others?” Was one of my own IEI cousin’s view of the deficit in me. I felt like I couldn’t be accepted and understood as she wanted to “adjust” me to her own self views. I don’t know what to say. We have to accept others as they are
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shared some common values and experiences with an EII friend for many years, but once those values shifted and we didn't share as many similar experiences I noticed there was little reason to hang out anymore, which was kind of shocking due to the length of our friendship. My friendship with her has been a mix of oddly enduring and then drifting apart almost like it never was. It's bizarre. We would only wish each other well after all the life we've been through together, but as much as I've felt like I should pick up the phone and reach out, I never do.

Could also be a season of life thing. She's a friend from college and I found a lot of those friendship starting to end naturally within the past 2-3 years, regardless of type.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I often find at close relationship IEI see some deficits in EII’s natural personality traits that they want to correct like “why fo you feel you must help others?” Was one of my own IEI cousin’s view of the deficit in me. I felt like I couldn’t be accepted and understood as she wanted to “adjust” me to her own self views. I don’t know what to say. We have to accept others as they are
    Yeah I've noticed a tendency to critique the other person. We have the same functional strength so you "get" them, but it's like watching someone use their tools all wrong.

Ironically we would both probably say it's good to accept people as they are, yet we still critique

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Another thing we have in common is this
    My IEI’s nephew who is SEE type was a phenomenal singer but being materialistic and realistic he wanted to chase money so he could obtain a better car. BOTH the IEI and I said to the SEE don’t chase the money it’s not about money it’s about your self development and the development of your true talents. So both of us can be anti $$$ culture and more about true talent
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-09-2021 at 04:04 AM.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bethany All combinations of types seem to be able to form mutual admiration pairs so long as relationships are casual and personal baggage (unrelated to type) doesn't get in the way. Type differences often do not come into play until at least one partner starts to develop expectations of the other such as when working on a project together. Bosom buddies can turn into enemies almost overnight if they're not mature and even if they are mature, this particular relationship can become very strained in a short period of time.

a.k.a. I/O

Hmm I know this because I’ll admit that I cut off my old EII and IEE friends. As my personal problems went from bad to worse, I couldn’t bear being around my friends who were a lot happier. I also couldn’t imagine being friends with them in my future, when they had been such a big part of my past but so unaware of my struggles. But with the new friends I’m older and wiser and more comfortable talking about my problems. There is no resentment and I don’t feel burdened by sad memories. We don’t seem to expect too much of each other atm.

I’m going through a similar thing now with my ILI and SEE friends although not planning to cut them off or anything. I just can’t face talking to them about things I’ve been through yet but I know it has to happen one day. It’s not going to be an easy convo but the friendships are worth holding on to for various reasons. They are not friends I have deeply emotional conversations with and I believe they will find a way to understand my problems and pain and not leave me feeling exposed or dismissed. That’s not something I felt was possible with the IEE and EII friends of the past. (It was quite a few years ago now that we stopped being friends.)
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 09-09-2021 at 01:59 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bethany this particular relationship can become very strained in a short period of time
    EII and IEI in particular? I think my friend in high school may have been EII and that friendship ended abruptly, for no obvious reason. I noticed my IEE friend refer to his EIE friend as his ‘best friend’ recently and my sister is very very close with her ESE friend from childhood.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmm I know this because I’ll admit that I cut off my old EII and IEE friends. As my personal problems went from bad to worse, I couldn’t bear being around my friends who were a lot happier. I also couldn’t imagine being friends with them in my future, when they had been such a big part of my past but so unaware of my struggles. But with the new friends I’m older and wiser and more comfortable talking about my problems. There is no resentment and I don’t feel burdened by sad memories. We don’t seem to expect too much of each other atm.

I’m going through a similar thing now with my ILI and SEE friends although not planning to cut them off or anything. I just can’t face talking to them about things I’ve been through yet but I know it has to happen one day. It’s not going to be an easy convo but the friendships are worth holding on to for various reasons. They are not friends I have deeply emotional conversations with and I believe they will find a way to understand my problems and pain and not leave me feeling exposed or dismissed. That’s not something I felt was possible with the IEE and EII friends of the past. (It was quite a few years ago now that we stopped being friends.)
    Sounds like you were dealing with some heavy stuff. Those are usually what Socionics refers to as issues outside of type like depression (and isolating as a result of)
    -

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

....... I noticed my IEE friend refer to his EIE friend as his ‘best friend’ .......
    There's far more likelihood that the IEE's relationship with you will survive longer-term over one with an EIE. IEIs have to be mindful of cloistered perspectives that may make things on the outside appear much more sunny or dire than they really are; many seem to swing from blissfulness to despair without discussing their insights with the people that should really hear them.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Sounds like you were dealing with some heavy stuff. Those are usually what Socionics refers to as issues outside of type like depression (and isolating as a result of)
    hmm yeah..it was only in my late 20s I first saw a therapist and not until 30s that I saw a helpful therapist. I seem to use this forum as an outlet but if I sat down and did some private journalling I might realise how far I’ve come..