Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures in Dating

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    It shouldn't feel awkward, but there's something unconscious about it. It nails you to reality. To make things happen. It has felt complicated for me to suggest a time, place etc. Not impossible but I really have to think about what to say. It's a necessary challenge though, men have to learn this.

A funny thing happened to me with another girl today. We have never met but we matched a year ago. I then suggested that we meet, but no reply. And just last night, a year later, at 1 am, she replied "sure, why not ". So in the morning, I wrote "great, what about tomorrow night?". And now... no reply. Maybe she will take a year to reply again. With this pace we will maybe have our coffee together 5 years from now. Anyway, she is very attractive, like really nice looking, probably SEI-Harmonizing based on her pics, with a small chance of IEI. We'll probably never meet.

Just meet both of them. No problem. Decide later.
    If she had plans tomorrow night, or wasn't totally sure she's free, that would make it harder for her to reply. It's much better to just ask when they are free and get them to agree to hang out one of those days. It's easy for a person to feel pinned down to make a decision on the spot when someone else chooses the day for them to meet up, and it's way easier to not reply than to make that decision right on the spot like that.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sexual chemistry with duals is a bit intense too- it’s apparent even via messaging..it’s a bit gross lol, even if you fancy them. I have a bit of long covid atm and I’m kinda more anxious than usual..using this an excuse to put myself first, and not put myself in anymore stressful dating situations, as in don’t be afraid to rearrange if you’re not feeling ok etc.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 08-01-2022 at 06:16 AM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of women really are selfish, entitled, inconsiderate, hyperreactive, demanding, think they have it figured out and that everything they do is justified or sensible but its not. when they should disagree and explain something they resort to manipulative tactics, ambiguous hinting that would require the person to have prior knowledge, to have the particular assumptions and ideas that u urself hold, and to be focused on that in the present moment as if its efficient or reasonable to expect someone to rearrange their whole mind specifically to get your hints. i believe that is a lot of the time communication and presumptions issue
    and men are the same
    its also common to think someone is speaking in riddles when u dont understand where they are coming from while u urself genuinely are not making the effort to understand the person before you
    ofc another reaon to use hints is a way to preemptively deal with a man's future manipulation bc u suspect if u do tell him waht u mean he will just find alternate ways to cross ur borders while justifying it with bs.
    if i want to know someone i ask them what they would think of a hypothetical situation
    i find it annoying some ppl think they can waste time forever and never get into the deep stuff that would make or break right away. its like they are trying to fit an ideal image without knowing what it is or being commited to it out of themselves and somehow expect that way they can make a working relationship while simulatenously again avoiding on purpose actually communicating and commiting to being a better preson bc they think that an attempt from the other party to control them. that sounds like a narcissist the word gets thrown around a lot but if u think most ppl are sound human beings then u are just delusional and probably narcissistic yourself.

making hints instead of actually communicating comes from the assumption that ur temporarily saving someone stress bc they are not able to presently handle what u will communicate rn. but the context here is if what u say would be mean and inconsiderate then in turn its fair u would get a negative reaction so long as its appropriately measured to the situation. sometimes the criticism may have really bad implications for the other person in it to the point it gets to "allow urself to be hurt for me" which is like placing ureslf above someone else and using force to pressure them to submit. a person can have such demeaning assumptions and mindsets. theres a moral dilemma thats about being self sacrifical caring for the other person while also not wanting them to sacrifice themselves for you but if they dont want to sacrifice themselves for u then they dont carea bout u as much as u about them but why would u be fine with someone sacrificing themselves for u if u care about them. some assholes figure they can just get off on the drama so they keep causing it lol
    u have to look for urself instead of getting into trouble repeatedly while expecting them to do everything for u as if they have no needs or life of their own. a lot of ppl think they have to fit some standards that the other gender wants of them but its just trends that fools on either side set THEMSELVES for either side and both sides thats just largely presumed to be true and expected of any real gender. its ritualistic behavior of ppl who do it bc its trendy not bc they can use their minds to learn and adapt on their own.
    Last edited by VewyScawwyNawcissist; 08-01-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    For what it's worth, @Bethany, the men I'm thinking of--regardless of age or if they already had a marriage under their belt--were still in emotional adolescence. So your "baby" comment resonated with me, lol. I took it in a more tongue-in-cheek, joking way, though.

Obviously they don't represent all men everywhere.
    Personally, I sometimes think that I have the emotional maturity of a five-year-old. Not all the time, but sometimes.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’ve been thinking a lot recently about my relationships with all of the ESIs that I’ve known, and what the relationships were about. What each of us might have gotten from them.

Normally, I’m not a fan of David Keirsey’s presentation of the sixteen types of personalities, but I think, in his first book “Please Understand Me”, that he got the mate-seeking characteristics of ENTJ’s right. In my case he did, anyway.

So I went back and read his description of the mate-seeking characteristics of ISFP’s (which, in MBTI, correspond best to Socionics ESIs), and I’ll be damned if he wasn’t describing every ESI that I’ve ever known well enough to know.

I think I’m gonna be single for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-01-2022 at 01:11 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, @Bethany, the men I'm thinking of--regardless of age or if they already had a marriage under their belt--were still in emotional adolescence. So your "baby" comment resonated with me, lol. I took it in a more tongue-in-cheek, joking way, though.

Obviously they don't represent all men everywhere.
    yeah it was tongue in cheek, babies are cute and two people taking care of each other in a couple is a little like how a mother and father takes care of a baby- you’re each other’s number one in the same way a baby has to come first. You can’t help but love your partner, even if they like a child will annoy you sometimes..and bring out the attention seeking child in you too. I think lots of men want to be seen as reliable and trustworthy therefore when they find a woman that makes them feel this way, they are like a weak little baby who will listen to the woman when she sometimes has to take the lead when it comes to disagreements regarding emotional matters. Men just aren’t brought up to care about the intricacies of emotional comfort in the same way women are. Women and men generally speaking have different hormone levels and this can affect personality traits. Gender inequality does exist and women do have to watch out for men taking advantage of them, especially when they’re young. But men do suffer from the ill-effects of inequality too (though not as much). I think lots of men just want to find a woman who is right for them, because it’s easier for them this way to grow emotionally- they don’t feel as pressured as in more exciting, passionate relationships (in which they might treat women badly). Of course women can treat men badly too, but like I said structural sexual inequality exists. Women are generally more vulnerable emotionally, more so when young. An emotional connection is what holds relationships together so it’s really important in a relationship that the emotional power balance is healthy (whatevs that means ).
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 08-01-2022 at 12:04 PM.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Personally, I sometimes think that I have the emotional maturity of a five-year-old. Not all the time, but sometimes.
    Maybe you guys should talk We all can revert to a small child at times.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking to a self-proclaimed ENFJ at the moment, and EIE does seem like a good fit for him. Clear Fe lead, and no signs of Ni PoLR. In fact, we've moved very quickly into our "life values, goals, and personal identity" which seems pretty Ni-valuing to me.

The problem is...I don't want to compete with a partner. Ethically, in this case. I want my partner to be strong where I'm weak, and vice versa. Not STRONGER in an area where I'm already strong. Because then you are constantly being sort of strong-armed into their way of viewing things (in this case Fe dominance) when you already feel pretty set and confident in your abilities (in my case Fe auxiliary).

I guess time will tell. Maybe we're different enough apart from socionics for us to still complement one another's strengths and weaknesses. I do think he has a very different temperament from me and there is some natural attraction. He's been one of the most mature communicators I've ever encountered, at least over text. And He's a Fire Chief and public works superintendent...maybe I'm easily impressed but that seems legit, lol.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been thinking a lot recently about my relationships with all of the ESIs that I’ve known, and what the relationships were about. What each of us might have gotten from them.

Normally, I’m not a fan of David Keirsey’s presentation of the sixteen types of personalities, but I think, in his first book “Please Understand Me”, that he got the mate-seeking characteristics of ENTJ’s right. In my case he did, anyway.

So I went back and read his description of the mate-seeking characteristics of ISFP’s (which, in MBTI, correspond best to Socionics ESIs), and I’ll be damned if he wasn’t describing every ESI that I’ve ever known well enough to know.

I think I’m gonna be single for the rest of my life.
    What were the descriptions?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I love that you played it so cool after a year.

And it's very attractive (to me) when a man has a good plan of what he wants to do without being a steamroller. Like, "okay great. If it sounds good to you, how about dinner at 'x' at 7? I can pick you up if you're comfortable, or meet there." Because you know he has a plan and has confidently said what he wants, but won't be all hurt and touchy if you don't go along with everything. I feel like this is good regardless of the romance style.
    Not being a steamroller is attractive indeed, but then it's hard to find balanced ones who aren't too passive instead.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back at the lonely heart's club because I now have experienced "redpill" firsthand. And was called a bigot by one when I mentioned I found the ideology and a lot of its community repellant. When I responded that not liking something or disagreeing with it isn't bigotry, dude just wanted to keep arguing and asked me to report back to him the definition of bigotry. Like he was a professor giving me an exam.

Lol. I thought we were all supposed to be grown out here. I wish I would have told him "have fun arguing with women online from here to eternity," but was somehow able to muster the self-control not to. Took myself out to brunch as a reward for that one.

Do you ladies meet guys like this??
    I usually meet the ones who come on too strong and simp/swoon over you when they don't even actually know who you are. I haaaaate simps so much. "Have some self-respect and quit wrapping yourself around my finger, Jesus Christ."

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm burnt out and done with men. These days, even as friends, I just bond with women far more. Great, men have turned me into a man hating lesbian.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lotus View Post
    I'm burnt out and done with men. These days, even as friends, I just bond with women far more. Great, men have turned me into a man hating lesbian.
    You do not have enough GOOD VIBES. Chill, be happy, and you won't need to hold on to bitterness so long as you just don't entertain the non-chill.

#Vibeology

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no, lesbianism is a negative mindset! Good vibes are always the way forward.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by two View Post
    Are you sad and sarcastic at the moment FP, what happened
    I've embraced the light. Good vibing is the optimal state of humanity. Good vibes reinforce each other. Therefore everyone should always vibe as hard as possible.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    If she had plans tomorrow night, or wasn't totally sure she's free, that would make it harder for her to reply. It's much better to just ask when they are free and get them to agree to hang out one of those days. It's easy for a person to feel pinned down to make a decision on the spot when someone else chooses the day for them to meet up, and it's way easier to not reply than to make that decision right on the spot like that.
    Yes true. I agree. Although in reality it depends on the chemistry, her life situation etc. I do both, ask when she is available or suggest a day right away. I dont have any clear rules for this. I am seeing the SLE again today and I just wrote her yestetday that there's a concert today if she wants to join me. And she wanted.

Edit: i also think it's good to sometimes do spontaneous or risky mooves in dating. After all, this is supposed to be exciting, not some business meeting
    Last edited by Tallmo; 08-03-2022 at 08:06 AM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    You do not have enough GOOD VIBES. Chill, be happy, and you won't need to hold on to bitterness so long as you just don't entertain the non-chill.

#Vibeology
    I get why you say this, but my interactions outside of the forums are different. Better. That's why you sometimes see me disappear for a while.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men just tend to share certain biological and culturally ingrained qualities I hate in romantic partners. (Fuck testosterone.)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get why you say this, but my interactions outside of the forums are different. Better. That's why you sometimes see me disappear for a while.
    Good! I'm sure they'll get even better! Have faith in yourself, too, and keep vibing!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men just tend to share certain biological and culturally ingrained qualities I hate in romantic partners. (Fuck testosterone.)
    Are you on the hunt again? Did anything happen between you and your boyfriend?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you on the hunt again?
    No.

Did anything happen between you and your boyfriend?
    It's complicated.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I first met my ex-wife, I thought she was an attractive person who wasn't my type. When I got to know her a little better, I kind of liked her but thought she might be crazy. By the time six months had gone by, I thought she was perfect and I had no doubts whatsoever about her and me, together.

Man, I need better Se.

In some echo from that time, I seem to be looking for that woman who is "better" than me. A great deal, that is. The best deal possible. A woman about whom I'd have no doubts.

This approach is probably just as unrealistic as my earlier approach, and is basically why I think I have the emotional maturity of a five-year-old.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've embraced the light. Good vibing is the optimal state of humanity. Good vibes reinforce each other. Therefore everyone should always vibe as hard as possible.
    Maybe I should start drinking again.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I went to Kinkos yesterday to print a contract and the copy machine was just being vacated by this smart, thin, attractive blonde in a violet dress and shoes that were more like slippers. The dress was kind of a tube but it fit her well. It was attractive and sensible for a hot day, and if she was wearing anything under it, it wasn't obvious.
    I asked her if the printer was available and she said, brightly and clearly, that it was. She seemed to be both by herself and independent, and I could see that she wasn't wearing any rings on her hands as she gathered up her papers. I think she might have been a logical type, but it was very hard to say.

Needless to say, I fell in love with her instantly as she put her purse over her shoulder and headed for the door.

Twenty minutes later, I exited Kinkos and as I returned to my car, she was standing at the corner of the building, pacing back and forth, talking on her phone.

I paused and looked at her and got into my car, slowly, so if she needed help, she could have asked me. But she didn't seem to want to ask for help.

As I left the parking lot, I was kicking myself for not saying something to her, but then, I'm not an SLE looking for an IEI.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What were the descriptions?
    @Lady Lotus, the descriptions are fairly long and are best viewed in the original book, which is available from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Please-Unders...s%2C145&sr=8-3

in the 1984 edition of the book by Keirsey, Please Understand Me (not "Please Understand Me II), the description of what Keirsey thinks the ENTJ is looking for can be found on page 73, and Keirsey's description of the romantic behavior and wishes of an ISFP (an ESI, in my opinion), can be found on pages 79 through 82.

You can download a pdf copy of the book here: http://www.sssch.net/Admin/ckfinder/...erstand_Me.pdf

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not being a steamroller is attractive indeed, but then it's hard to find balanced ones who aren't too passive instead.
    Absolutely

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in some ways still a textbook Fearful-Avoidant, and in some ways closer to secure. At the moment, I see more FA. Numb and distracted for the first 3-4 weeks after a breakup. Not type related, it is attachment style related. I'm still in chill mode, like

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who are constantly trying/ actively dating to find relationships...don't you ever get tired? This is not supposed to be a judgmental question btw, I'm genuinely curious as to how people go out of their way for this stuff after a while (admittedly I think this way since I've had predominantly bad experiences). At some point you just don't get discouraged and say fuck it, I'm done?
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, our thoughts, energies, and internal states influence everything. It's a matter of faith and friendship, forging the stars for a higher path tomorrow, to write the systems and equations of eternity, and to live under the promise that we will always get stronger.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    People who are constantly trying/ actively dating to find relationships...don't you ever get tired? This is not supposed to be a judgmental question btw, I'm genuinely curious as to how people go out of their way for this stuff after a while (admittedly I think this way since I've had predominantly bad experiences). At some point you just don't get discouraged and say fuck it, I'm done?
    I think it is something you can adjust to, you can take breaks..do it less frequently. But it also feels good that you’re trying. And you do learn from it, even from dating app dates. I’ve been on apps for a couple of years, only really looking seriously for a year. You start to get a feel for what type of person seems worthy. Often, it’s someone you think is cute and seems interested but a bit shy. (Coz they fancy you?) not many of these come along. And you get distracted by all sorts of other people. You have annoying dates and you have humbling dates. (The humbling ones were still a bit annoying :s) I didn’t like referring to it as dating before..seems like a joke lol. Maybe you have to laugh. I think you can also learn to spot people who have potential but might not be ‘like at first sight’. These are also not that common. I feel more positive about it than I did six months ago. It doesn’t feel so confusing now.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 08-03-2022 at 12:14 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    I was away from the dating scene for many years. Didn't have the motivation. This might be different for men and women, but the more women I meet the more energy and inspiration I get. It's still a long road for me to get back into dating, but it's like lighting a fire. First the fire is small and it almost dies, but then it grows and grows and the heat produces more heat. That's how dating works for me.

So once you're in it the energy comes from the dating itself. It's not anymore something you have to force yourself to do, although that's how it can be in the beginning.

Psychologically, men have to meet women in order to project their own Anima on them. The Anima is the image of the feminine and is connected to (erotic) inspiration and life. The more the man can project the Anima the more active and inspired he gets. At the same time, the more distinguished the man becomes as a masculine subject acting in the world.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreymagine View Post
    LSE pen pal made another future marriage remark. We were talking about cooking, and he commented that his mom said his future wife will be happy that he knows how to cook.

Note to self: Don't presume that a guy continuing to bring up future marriage/children means that he's interested in more than being friends.

I made this presumption about my LSE pen pal and thus decided to ask how old he was. I think the question made him aware that I was misreading his comments, because he said: "I actually just turned 34. I hope that's okay with you for penpal purposes lol."

I think he added the bolded portion to clarify that he just wants to be pen-pal buddies. I feel a little embarrassed about my false presumption and the fact that he seems to have caught onto it, but this is for the best anyways. Another silly pen-pal romance would be a bad idea.

Edit:
    Also, I don't think I realized how significant the 19/34 age gap was until I brought it up to my sister. I was like "eh, early thirties—that's still pretty young."

But she was like, "In five years you'll be 24 and he'll be almost forty."

And then I realized, "Oh... yeah, that would be weird."
    I don't know if he's like me but at times I'll say stuff that come off as confusing without meaning it because there's some unresolved feeling behind it.
    One day, I told a guy his step mom really wanted him and I to get together, I said that because I was actually angry at her about it and he took it the wrong way. oop
    I also find being told some hypothetical life partner will be lucky to have me aggravating.
    It's a possibility among others.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last date I had was an Omiai like date. It was the first "official" date of my life. But before the date a little bit of context. The action took place in an muslim country. I remember being invited with my parents and some other family members for dinner to the house of the brother of my father's friend. without knowing that there was something behind this invitation. At some point in the evening my father and the man had a private conversation on the second floor of the house (which is actually a fitted roof ) shortly after they came back we decided to go home. In the way home, my father said to me that he had a conversation with the man about his daughter and that they came to an agreement, the lady's father has accepted to let his daughter be my "fiancée" so she and I can date ( it's complicated but I give you the short version).

I didn't even see the lady before that evening. I was literally in defcon 3 mode inside, I thought that never in my life would I have thought that I could find myself in a situation like this. What was my father thinking ? That we were living in the middle ages ?! Or that we were in some kind of archaic tribal society ?? Why did he always behave with me as if I was his thing, I mean he would never even begin to think about doing something like that to any of my siblings ! As usual, I didn't show my anger, not even expressed my disagreement because I couldn't talk about such thing with my father, It would have been weird to me. Anyway, I did "date" the lady. It went well but she wasn't my type at all. She was a pious muslim and quite introverted. At some point she came in our house and spend two days with us along with her aunt. I understood that she was deeply in love with me which was the worst case scenario. From that point, I knew that I was going to break her heart, and that feeling was unbearable to me. After about a month or so, I "broke up" with her. In fact the situation was a bit more complicated than that, especially for her. Maybe one day I'll talk about this adventure and how it ended in more details. It was the summer of 2007.

Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lady Lotus, the descriptions are fairly long and are best viewed in the original book, which is available from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Please-Unders...s%2C145&sr=8-3

in the 1984 edition of the book by Keirsey, Please Understand Me (not "Please Understand Me II), the description of what Keirsey thinks the ENTJ is looking for can be found on page 73, and Keirsey's description of the romantic behavior and wishes of an ISFP (an ESI, in my opinion), can be found on pages 79 through 82.

You can download a pdf copy of the book here: http://www.sssch.net/Admin/ckfinder/...erstand_Me.pdf
    I actually read a lot of Keirsey, and decided that Pokémon 493 Arceus could be the Architect INTP based on name, and that Lugia (other Arceus form) could be in a TiNi loop, or ISTP.

Frankly, I think Lugia is much more like INFP than ISTP, and also that Lugia’s Bunny, 17’1 long like 11 Bunny ears.

I actually struggle with relating to NJ Ni using types. All of this leadership and far futuristic thinking strategy is alien to me. I relate best to Ne and ISTP, building ideas and whirling off in crazy directions to be as remote from tangibility as possibility threads zip and channel flow.

And I relate horribly with ISFP. I don’t focus on the real world physical future. Rather, I focus more on transcendent themes. So for me, ISTP>ISFP. ISFP is a lot more practical than ISTP anyway, which is like what I said about the real world physical future. Dario Nardi EEGs proved that ISFP use Purposeful Futurist extremely well. And about ISFPs being small, that’s the opposite of Bunny, aimed at world domination and building the bridge to the invisible, whereas ISFPs don’t like being bullshitted. ISFP EEG showed they focus on lie detection, not Bunny switching spectra polarities of phenomena dreaming like a free Imagination.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I already wrote this here...I think I did...but

The one and only date I ever went on was at the start of 2020 with random dude I met online lol I didn't like him but I wasn't thinking about that at the time ( I just thought he was cute). As soon as we met I already found myself thinking about things I didn't like about him...behavioral stuff. Like not walking next to me, or not opening doors lol I don't care if you're tall don't walk away and leave me behind. And I think I mentioned about how he wouldn't stop asking me to go home with him like in the middle of the date...I found it creepy and thought he was trying to get me drunk to take advantage of me. "Like I don't want to go back to your house to drink alcohol, I just met you"

Also me being extremely awkward and not knowing what to say (since he was basically a stranger, we didn't really talk online before meeting and I didn't know if we were supposed to because I didn't know how dating worked) and embarrassing myself. I was surprised when he asked to meet up again. I thought he was crazy. Why the hell would he want to see me again. I told him not to ask me to go to his house again. That was my condition. And guess what he did when we met again? Ask me the same thing I told him not to. Ugh.

I was also annoyed and moody the whole time because it was hot out and I couldn't stand it. And as we were sitting together I almost started crying (this was the most embarrassing part) because I was thinking about my ex and seeing this couple outside. I think he noticed and asked if I wanted to leave and I said yes and just got up and left without another word to him. Later I told him we should hang out again.

Just thinking about it is all so embarrassing.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it was confusing and I'm not sure what the "unresolved feeling" behind his aforementioned question/statements was. Definitely not aggravation/anger, as in your case. I'm currently getting the vibe that there wasn't a feeling behind them and that I was reading interest into things that he just said to say.

I simply assumed non-platonic interest because... I mean, can you envision a straight guy asking a male friend about future kid names or basically bragging about how he'd make a good father/husband someday to a hypothetical family? That sorta discussion seemed highly unlikely to me, coming from a guy who views me as "friend who will definitely only ever be a friend." But it seems that I was wrong. Good lesson to keep in mind for the future, I guess.
    I've seen guys talk like that among each other, it's pretty much normal to me.
    I think cultural atmosphere encourages that around here tho.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be totally normal topic of discussion for guys to raise in the context of platonic friendships then, oof. I don't know why I made that presumption. But whatever, it's alright. I know now for future real-life interactions that it's not an indication of interest.
    I think we might be all programmed to some degree to believe that any friendly, open, and/or genuine statement is flirting. Movies and all that.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    I think we might be all programmed to some degree to believe that any friendly, open, and/or genuine statement is flirting. Movies and all that.
    Nope...many of us definitely know the difference.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flirting can be sexually provocative/ plain, simple attention seeking, both can either be harmless or gross

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm programmed to hope that to some degree, but I don't think I'm programmed to believe it. Whenever an attractive guy shows me friendliness, my romantic heart starts hoping that he's interested in me. But fortunately, my brain does register that he's just being kind and that it's probably not an indication of romantic feelings. I never want to presume that; I'd hate to become that annoying person who misinterprets any friendliness as flirtation.

My brain simply didn't register it this time, for whatever reason.
    You need to let go of this fear and start being yourself. There is wisdom in letting the heart run free, no matter how perceived by pitiless people.

The heart knows all the answers. It’s just a matter of choosing what feels right.
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind