Thread: Adventures in Dating

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Yes. For example, if everyone were extremely greedy and vengeful everyone could fight each other over wealth all the time and not like each other, not because of personality differences, but because of personality similarities. I guess if there were zero other people, the one person could just respond with psychosis and making up an imaginary dating partner and no one would be able to call them out, though.
    I'm still not convinced it's possible to dislike everyone else who exists. It may not be up to you.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I'm still not convinced it's possible to dislike everyone else who exists. It may not be up to you.
    I never said it was people's decision, but I don't see any external factor compelling people to like each other. Mostly it seems to be internal factors, which are not necessarily conscious or chosen, but it's possible everyone could be of a temperament where they hated each other's guts but forced themselves to coexist anyways.
    HAMLET I will speak to this fellow.—
    Whose grave’s this, sirrah?

GRAVEDIGGER Mine, sir.
    O, a pit of clay for to be made
    For such a guest is meet.

HAMLET I think it be thine indeed, for thou liest in ’t.

GRAVEDIGGER You lie out on ’t, sir, and therefore ’tis
    not yours. For my part, I do not lie in ’t, yet it is
    mine.

HAMLET Thou dost lie in ’t, to be in ’t and say it is thine.
    ’Tis for the dead, not for the quick; therefore thou
    liest.

GRAVEDIGGER ’Tis a quick lie, sir; ’twill away again
    from me to you.

HAMLET What man dost thou dig it for?

GRAVEDIGGER For no man, sir.

HAMLET What woman then?

GRAVEDIGGER For none, neither.

HAMLET Who is to be buried in ’t?

GRAVEDIGGER One that was a woman, sir, but, rest
    her soul, she’s dead.

TIM
    SLE-H
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zero adventures in dating. Tried writing to a couple of chicks on okcupid and Tinder. No luck so far.

TIM
    SLE-H
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lolz, I actually think that one girl with whom we had something in the distant past might be an EIE. We tried having a some sort of relationship a couple of times but it all would end up quickly because of a burn-out. Don't you think this could be an activity relationship?

TIM
    SLE-H
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But she wants a serious relationship, a wedding and everything else. I would like to go slow. Super slow. I want fun, not problems.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re pics- I got a couple of hot matches when I updated my pic. It’s a decent pic, although not my youngest. I look happy, my LSE mate took it of us…takes a good pic.
    Last edited by Bethany; 09-25-2022 at 02:57 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yesterday, I met a woman in passing who knows this Gamma NT lawyer friend of mine. She was healthily attractive, had long, straight blonde hair (not my favorite style), wasn’t wearing a ring, and she immediately remembered my name.

She was also intelligent. So intelligent, in fact, that I couldn’t tell her Sociotype. Just as insanity or unhealthiness can make it impossible for me to VI someone, apparently this works with high intelligence, too.

Although, I type by comparison, and maybe she’s just outside my face list.
    Alternately, she could be one of the few types that I have a hard time “seeing”.

Very strange.

EDIT:
    She really was a puzzle. She was completely neutral towards me until I showed a goofy but intelligent interest in her, and then her interest in me took a clear and definite step up (to “polite possible”). She spoke clearly and definitively. She was clearly engaged in “mixing” behavior, looking for someone.
    If I had to associate her traits with Sociotypes, I’d say that she took great care of her body, like an LSI. Her face seemed to be somewhere between the super-intelligence of an ILI female and the smooth interest of an SEI. I was looking for ESI features but I didn’t really see them, although I don’t want to 100% rule ESI out.

I like intelligence and it would be nice to have more intelligent friends, but my experience with going out with a very intelligent female LIE showed me that intelligence alone is not sufficient cause to maintain a relationship.

Hell, even Duality, while being the most comfortable relationship, additionally requires common purpose. And that’s incredibly rare.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-25-2022 at 01:24 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreymagine View Post
    That angle doesn't work for everyone. I'm active at church, I help lead a Bible study, I teach STEM Outreach, I attend English Club, I go to the gym... Plenty of opportunities for a meet cute moment. Yet, nothing. (Nothing in terms of dating, of course. I obviously get a lot out of those activities in terms of health and enjoyment and fulfillment.)

I don't want to be single forever. Even though I'm still quite young, I'm cognizant of the fact that the clock is ticking. Might as well get in the dating game before my age becomes a liability and before all the good guys are taken. I'm annoyed with myself for throwing a mental pity party whenever I see a happy couple. I'm bored of dreaming that I'll naturally stumble across "the one."

Tinder it is! I'll probably wait until summertime though. More time.

Anyhow, idk why the ESI would be unwise to use a dating app. If she's not finding romance in other arenas of life, that doesn't necessarily mean she's not engaged in other arenas. Nor does it necessarily mean that she's not being vulnerable enough. It probably just means she isn't meeting the right people through her activities. Dating apps quickly expose you to a larger pool of people, most of whom are interested in a relationship.
    The major problem with that assertion is that I'm guaranteed to be right about how major their attachment issues are. Dating Apps are a wonderfully effective way to hide behind a mask, a persona. You can be anyone online provided you're good enough at acting.

If you're already in all those spheres and you're not like me up until recently (i.e. managing to be hikikomori shadowy lurker despite others reaching out somehow) than put out a feeler already! By this time you've already provided more than enough value to your group that they're concluded that you're well worth including into their "tribe" as it were. Once you've passed that threshold the next logical step is a full induction through the rite even the most savage and primitive of primates understand; Mating/Marriage.

You already have access to a network of people who are fully intent on matching you with others who are more than willing to date people who are searching for marriage partners from day one! Lean into that damnit! All the things you claim to be in a leadership position in are great grounds to put out feelers in as well. If you feel guilty about using an authority position to benefit yourself, well, don't.

This might be the Gamma mindset but you ought not feel guilty about using what you have at your disposal if it benefits others at least as much if not more than it does yourself...

TIM
    EII-Fi 614
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    You already have access to a network of people who are fully intent on matching you with others who are more than willing to date people who are searching for marriage partners from day one! Lean into that damnit! All the things you claim to be in a leadership position in are great grounds to put out feelers in as well. If you feel guilty about using an authority position to benefit yourself, well, don't.

This might be the Gamma mindset but you ought not feel guilty about using what you have at your disposal if it benefits others at least as much if not more than it does yourself...
    Oof, no way could I bring myself to ask acquaintances to play match-maker for me. I'd be so embarrassed.

They aren't by any means "fully intent on matching me with others." I don't know anyone who does that for others or has ended up in a relationship that way.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324