Thread: Hotel's Long Questionnaire (Freedom)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hotel's Long Questionnaire (Freedom)

EVIDENCE REDACTED
    Last edited by Father Freedom; 09-17-2021 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Necessary Removal of Typing Evidence

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Hmm.. LxI? Leaning towards LSI. LSI-Se.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are a Beta, my son.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my serious answer, you sound like an introvert ST. There were some answers that come close to sounding Delta (eww), a lot of your answers sound Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    The most up-to-date questionnaire is obscenely long. I will try to be concise, for the mercy of anyone who bothers to read it. I may omit questions I feel I don't have a good answer for. Oh, and I'm 23, if it adds perspective.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I study finance, after jumping around multiple different degree paths (I had no guidance in my youth). I was on track to be a scientist, but my heart wasn't in it. My intellectual curiosity only goes so far as to be a hobby, nothing more. I see a bachelor's or master's in finance as a useful tool for the future. Money is synonymous with power in the modern world, and having a deep understanding of it lends a sense of security in my future. I worked in warehouse labor for five years, before quitting to focus on my degree. I enjoyed the grueling physical nature, and the intensity of the environment.
    To me this sounds like Ni valuing over Ne. You seem to dislike the idea of jumping around and wish to stick with a singular direction for your future. You connection to money -> power -> purpose, for why you chose finance seems Se/Ni.

What made you realize that science wasn't for you?

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

All areas except social situations. I fear my off putting nature will stop me from being able to successfully network in my career, and that I will become complacent in a workplace setting (sticking with the same job or position), due to the previously stated aversion to risk.
    To me these sound like Dual seeking statements for some ethical type to come help you deal with people you can't stand. You also sound like you want someone to help shake you up and keep you moving, like you said to not be complacent. This could be DS Ne, but the way you talk about it it sounds like it has direction and purpose, more like Ni somewhere in the 5th or 6th position.

What were you like as a child? How have you changed since then?

Awful, I hurt people on a whim, and showed no respect or appreciation for others. I was also an ignorant little s**t. As you can imagine, I have done my best to divorce myself from that boy.
    You frequently allude to this acerbic and volatile personality of yours, but interactions with you haven't given me that impression. You seem very even keeled and even respectful. You seem to value respect for others a lot.

You like heavy metal, riding your motorcycle, and crude jokes at the expense of others.

Sounds like Beta ST to me , I'm thinking LSI to be specific.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVIDENCE REDACTED
    Last edited by Father Freedom; 09-17-2021 at 11:01 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Freedom, I read your entire questionnaire and your answers are all identical to the way I would have answered, except your statement about liking chemistry. I took three years of chem, including organic, and really didn't think it was all that great. I mean, I liked it, but I wasn't going to make it a significant part of my life.
    In my book, liking Chemistry almost always means Ti.

Nevertheless, setting that chemistry thing aside, your questionnaire answers seem more LIE than LSI to me. For one thing, you aren't as rigid as most LSIs whom I've met. Your approach to disagreements seems flexibly LIE to me.

However, the information from your questionnaire is sparse.

You're what, 25? When I was 25, I looked like a career-clueless introvert.

If you want better opinions, posts some pictures or, better yet, a short video.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-03-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVIDENCE REDACTED
    Last edited by Father Freedom; 09-17-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVIDENCE REDACTED
    Last edited by Father Freedom; 09-17-2021 at 11:05 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Here is my unkempt mug (please don't abduct me in the night). Grotesque, I know, but that works for me. As for a video, not sure what I'd say, just do the questionnaire verbally?
    Wow. Ok, SLE.

That explains the Ti-chemistry.

I’m an e8 and my test scores are LIE-Te with enhanced Se so I can appear slightly SLE-ish, and that could explain the similarities in the way we would answer the questions.

*unintelligible mumbling about caregiving eyes and arpad*

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Freedom you look pretty much like what I was imagining lol

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda leaning SLE, but maybe LSI. I think Beta ST at any rate
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, beta ST seems right. To figure out if LSI-Se or SLE works better, one way is to figure out whether you prefer your women to be more Fe (lively bright emotions) or more Ni (victim in need of protection). It's worth also to look into cog styles and reinin dichotomies, for me these always indicated SLE (as did the tests, but these are unreliable though he 584q Talanov one is pretty good) even when I briefly considered LSI-Se when I joined this forum.
    FWIW, I also liked chemistry in high school, though I eventually went for energy engineering at the technical university (combination of electrical and mechanical engineering, with thermodynamics and some combustion).
    There's something satisfying how things fit together in chemistry, like stoichiometry and the periodic table. It seems to be a thing for Ti valuers, I know surprisingly many SEI who are into it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVIDENCE REDACTED
    Last edited by Father Freedom; 09-17-2021 at 11:06 PM.