Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Describe the Quadras in One Song

Pick songs that match the vibe of each quadra:

Alpha

Beta

Gamma

Delta

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really struggling to find music for Gamma and Delta... I just don't think I listen to that music. But here's a song I think is pretty Alpha. The lyrics are literally "fuck and lmao just , bro" in a very jovial eternity believing way. Are the lyrics sarcastic? Dunno. But the song is very angular, jumpy, and fun like Alpha. Even mentions the "closed mouth" complex.

This song captures the Beta hierarchy essence to a T. If this song isn't Beta, then I don't know what Beta is.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    This song captures the Beta hierarchy essence to a T. If this song isn't Beta, then I don't know what Beta is.
    I agree, this song is pretty Beta.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    Alexandr Dumbass
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I agree, this song is pretty Beta.
    Gotta ask. What are typical themes in Delta and Gamma music, not just lyrically, but musically as well?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta ask. What are typical themes in Delta and Gamma music, not just lyrically, but musically as well?

I don't know, I was hoping they would post some stuff. I'm going to look through their sub forum and try to figure that out. I just tried to find songs that reminded me of Gammas and Deltas. I didn't really have a rationale behind it, I just went with my gut.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrInternet42069 View Post
    Can you guess?
    Lol this song kind of slaps, I'll maybe commit mass genocide later idk.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pop Smoke's music is pretty gamma. he's all about grinding, fulfilling his vision, "making it," with a hint of Fi moral grounding.

Melanie Martinez's is a great example of delta NF music. it has a pronounced childlike theme (literally) and strong Fi. fyi she's IEE.

Betta Lemme's music is very beta. well, just very EIE honestly.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree Lady Gaga's "Born this Way" is Beta NF - but it would probably make most Beta ST straight males throw up. Which is why you should play it every day for 5 hours straight while they are trying to do something logical and mechanical. I do know a gay SLE/ILE that hates that song haha. ((he likes Alejandro though.))

This song is done by a LSI I think. It's a tiny bit straighter than 'Born this Way' perhaps but not by much. <3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'm going to break it down in two songs.

Beta NF

Beta ST

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a

b

g

d

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how a song describe a quadra, but I'll try to use some song/ost from some animes which value Fi-Te.

This one has a SEE main character

This one has SEE main and SLI? rival:

This one has a Te lead Fi lead two main character:

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ugh he's so dreamy/studly. I wish I was cool and rich and hot & famous enough to date Tj Osborne....

but (in Adam Strange voice) he needs an EIE. Activity relationships- as nice as they can be, cannot compete with Duality.

or can they? god I seriously want him he's just so cute and masculine. ugh a gay guy THAT ACTUALLY HAS A DEEP MANLY SOUNDING VOICE. I KNOW IT'S NOT PC TO SAY THAT AND IT HURTS GLBTQ+ PURPLE HAIR OWLKIN'S FEELINGS AND I DON'T MEAN TO BUT DAMN.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't listen to a great variety of music, so I won't be able to do each quadra, but I think Devo's songs have an Alpha vibe.

Absurd, provocative and positive.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 11-21-2021 at 06:30 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd be tempted to just select songs from the "What are you listening to?" thread which were posted by members of each quadra.