Thread: Is it common for Ijs to be forgetful?

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is it common for Ijs to be forgetful?

I’ve been working for an Se-LSI and I honestly can’t go a day without being scolded harshly for forgetting names, forgetting to load the printer when I come in, leaving a door open, messing up the header on a spreadsheet, etc. I have a serious deficit when it comes to detail and being an organized, diligent person in general
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-03-2021 at 09:47 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds awful. Idk I thought ESIs would be organized and detail-oriented, but that's what happens when you go off of stereotypes.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be LSI-Se (potentially). When I'm in a bad mood, yeah, every little thing you do wrong will be scolded. It is not a healthy behavior in the type, probably not your fault.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm pretty forgetful because the stream of events in any given work week is insane and I can't remember every detail.

I play the role of your lsi at work for somebody I work with who is terrible with details. What I will say is just write the shit down.

Also, if your personality sucks for your role, note that down and move on (this may seem non-sequitur but that's because I had a bunch of thoughts I didn't write down)

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    This sounds awful. Idk I thought ESIs would be organized and detail-oriented, but that's what happens when you go off of stereotypes.
    I try to be and probably come off that way at a cursory glance but I often end up missing one or two procedural steps and don’t like asking her questions when I’m not sure about something since I usually end up feeling stupid, emotionally drained or like I’m distracting her from something more important
    Last edited by Averroes; 09-04-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ijs don't give information acquisition a priority but once they do acquire it, they don't usually forget the big stuff and they're usually very organized and diligent. I've known a few Eps to be somewhat as you describe although there can be other issues unrelated to type at work such as ADHD; I had an employee who found out he had ADHD when he brought his 10-year-old son to get tested for the condition.

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually they seem to be the ones who will grill you for it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    Usually they seem to be the ones who will grill you for it.
    maybe I’m just a really schizoid xEE after all

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    I’ve been working for an Se-LSI and I honestly can’t go a day without being scolded harshly for forgetting names, forgetting to load the printer when I come in, leaving a door open, messing up the header on a spreadsheet, etc. I have a serious deficit when it comes to detail and being an organized, diligent person in general
    Good memory is typically associated with better S

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI make good prison guards, and you are in their cage.
    Stop messing it up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's not an LSI thing; rather, poor leadership / interpersonal management skills.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't think memory is type-related.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not type related.

If you have serious concerns maybe you should ask a doctor for some tests.
    Other than that try listening to gamma waves to help your brain clear the congestion and plague that helps to improve memory. Free on YOUTUBE. I do it daily.

Also memory is selective.

Don't be hard on yourself.
    Stay positive
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    No I don't think memory is type-related.
    It should be linked to IEs don't you think? since you are paying more attention, shouldn't you remember more info related your ego IEs?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IE's are probably related to memory mapping
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rtht View Post
    It should be linked to IEs don't you think? since you are paying more attention, shouldn't you remember more info related your ego IEs?
    Yes. But every type might be good at memory, and at the same time one could have horrible memory no matter the type. But different types have different patterns and approaches in their memories since they process information differently.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an Ij and I have great long term memory and bad short term memory. I pay a moderate amount of attention to details, but I've never been very organized. I don't like following procedure(in fact, I hate procedure and rules unless they give me some benefit or unless I really wanted to make the person happy, although I'm open to options so I'll listen to procedure if I have to), wearing uniforms, which LSI-Se are sometimes pre-occupied with but many more are flexible and don't need procedure.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.