Thread: ESE-IEE relationships

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default ESE-IEE relationships

How do you see these two types play out? Not necessarily for romantic interests but for friends/family as well.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had a close relationship with an ESE. My overall impression of them is that they are caring and pleasing, but too infantilizing. They make nice companions in group settings though, and I like their happy and can do attitude.

Example of ESE level of infantilizing: when I'll inadvertently spill my drink at the table. They'll act like a mother hen who brings a towel and pats my chin in front of everyone. It's humiliating, I don't like being treated like a newborn that everyone can gawk at while they change my diapers. Mb it's their Se demo? Or contact Si? I prefer a passive approach to "caretaking", like people asking me how I'm doing.

About Ti seeking:
    Often if I'm engrossed in a some Ti activity, they flock to me and put some kind of pressure on me to give them information. Example: There was a day at uni, when I was I reading a book on comestible mushrooms and how to recognize them(very Si-Ti topic), because with LSI buddy we had planned to go collect them later. There was an ESE acquaintance that came to me to tell me how she loved mushroom collecting and started to bring all her friends so I could explain them how it works; which I found weird because I told her I was reading because I didn't know anything about the topic and she probably knew more than I did... Maybe it was her way of bringing the limelight on me, but instead of making me comfortable, it just made me feel more pressured and "reviewed".
    They can say a lot of nonsense too. I can understand why LIIs would get a kick of correcting them.

Also, I had a ESE flatmate who had the annoying tendency to ignore that the people around him also had a busy schedule. A typical exchange of messages with my ESE flatmate:

10 am: Him: "Hey I forgot my keys, but I have to pick up something at home" (not urgent, like a coupon for the supermarket)

Me "Hey sorry man, I'm at work until 6pm today, but just come around 7pm"

3pm: Him "Hey man I'm at the door open pls"

Me: lol no
    It's like I didn't say anything, like he thinks if he imposes his schedule(Se demo + Ni Polr?), everyone will follow. And this over and over again...
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 09-03-2021 at 01:01 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love ESEs they are fun and we vibe very well. That basically everything positive I have to add to this thread, I won't add anything negative.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The IEE pulling on the leash trying to run free while the ESE attempts to shorten it.

a.k.a. I/O